Marlos Moreno - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by MiLo4891, Mar 9, 2016.

1. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Scored vs Junior in final, has had a great Copa Libretadores, and hopefully will be on the team that gets Colombia to the Olympics.

And maybe after Olympics the new starting forward for La Selección Colombia..

Attached Files:

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #2 HomietheClown, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    http://www.futbolred.com/liga-aguila/carrera-del-juvenil-marlos-moreno 16532727

This is interesting from the article:
    Fue convocado para un microciclo de la Selección Colombia de mayores el pasado 11 de febrero, marcando un gol en un entrenamiento contra Fortaleza.

You have to believe that since the goal during the micriciclo Pekerman has been keeping an keen eye on him in the Libertadores. I really think he may be tempted to just call him for the Senior team in a couple weeks.

MiLo4891 repped this.
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think the fact that we only have 4 points after 4 games makes me think F the U23!!!!

If we were closer to the top then I'd let the U23 have this kid but we aren't. We need our best players and right now he is one of them.

Problem is how is he going to handle the pressure of a NT debut? Especially when we really really need to win both games. Bolivia because it's 6 points we won last time and 6 points we need again. Ecuador needs to be stopped we don't beat them and they are qualified after 6 games!!!

MiLo4891 repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #4 HomietheClown, Mar 10, 2016
    The best way to approach it is to have him on the bench and play it by ear. I don't think you start him in La Paz if that is what you are implying here.

5. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    #5 MiLo4891, Mar 10, 2016
    If Pekerman thinks he should get called and therefore punish the u23 and the chances of making the Olympics then he's saying the kid is very very good and better than Jackson, Teo, Muriel, let's leave out Bacca cuz he's the best Colombia have over seas right now. If he's saying he can't count in those guys to do the job then he should start Marlos vs Bolivia. Otherwise let him start vs USA and play 180 mins vs them. As opposed to the dying minutes vs Bolivia or Ecuador game or worse riding the bench.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #6 HomietheClown, Mar 10, 2016
    Another possible way of looking at it that you did not account for is that Pakerman could call him in as he did Santos Borre.
    Heck, he could call him in as he did Fabian Castillo to a certain extent.
    His place on the team does not necessarily have to be for the players you list.

7. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    But if Pekerman calls Moreno in, and only using him for 10 mins i think it's a waste.

Say he calls him up, and let's him play the end of the matches. That hurts the u23 because if he plays those games instead surely he would start and Colombia's chances of winning would be much higher vs USA if he played than Colombia's chances of winning vs Bolivia in the dying minutes.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Does it really hurt the Sub 23 when 1) Marlos has never been called up by Restrepo and 2) Restrepo has other good options?

We shall see who calls him and where he goes.
    Another thing that could happen is neither manager calls him up which would be very disappointing but not out of the realm of possibility here.

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well. as Baal posted in the SUb 23 thread Moreno was not called up for the Olympics.

So it is either WCQing or nothing at all...

10. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    I think it does. I would imagine that with his experience already played in a domestic league final and scored, scoring hit streak in Copa Libretadores, thay he would run circles around u23 that barely see playing time in MLS and Europe.

Thats said he outside of Bacca has been the best foward Colombia have of late. Not counting Dorlan Pabon and Dayro Moreno.

That said Futbolred has reported Pekerman has called him.

I'm curious to see what Pekerman does, he's basically saying, i know he could be a starter for u23 but I'll call him anyway because he's good enough, even though I have Jackson Martínez, Teo, Muriel, Adrián Ramos and Felipe Pardo. He's basically saying I'd rather have him in the team then maybe one or more of those guys.

And statistically Dayro, Dorlan and Darwin are aming the best as of late scoring more or as much as Marlos yet he calls Marlos.

Leads me to guess he will play Marlos not just have him sit on the bench.

I hope he starts Marlos Moreno personally. Or at the least comes in at half time.

11. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
  12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Between Renteria, Martinez, Santos Borre and Preciado we should be fine.

I am happy he has been called up for the Senior team.

MiLo4891 repped this.
  13. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would rather see him play in the u-23 and see how it goes from there .

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I can see why some want him to be on the Sub 23 but as I said there's already good talent on that team.

And let's face it, Moreno was brought into a microciclo camp and scored a goal.
    He scored the winning goal in the Colombian Championship and has scored goals in each of the first three Copa Libertadores matches he has played in.

In addition to clutch goals he has good skill,technique, vision, passing, speed, etc.

He performed best when Pekerman was watching and is being rewarded.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    So good to see one of our front men have that kind of speed that can crack a tight back line or burst into space. He also finishes pretty well an has a wicked shot.

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yup.

I am starting to believe if Pekerman can find a way to have Muriel, Ibarbo and Marlos on the same front line similar to what Rueda does with Copete, Ibarbo and Moreno I think we could be one of the deadliest counter attack teams on the planet.

All three have speed that defenses just can't match.

J-Mezzy, MiLo4891 and jay luis repped this.
  17. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I would take out Ibarbo our of that mix and add a Bacca.

18. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    cuadrado in the mix as well used as a super sub.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rumors popping up that Porto wants to buy him .

J-Mezzy and MiLo4891 repped this.
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That would be good. I just want to see those three on the field eventually. Especially late in games when opposing Defenses are dead tired.

MiLo4891 repped this.
  21. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    indeed, there's an article on "A Bola" about him

23. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wow he says no one since Aguero and Alexis Sanchez.... That is a very huge complement.

Tho I remember Alexis not being all that impressive in Chile or River. Really hope between Borre, Perciado, Moreno and Martinez at least 1 become world class. These 4 seem super special

MiLo4891 repped this.
  25. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Alexis was very impressive with River the short time he was there. Don't think he was a starter though. Marlos needs to be smart about his next move anything other than Europe would be a disappointment

J-Mezzy, MiLo4891 and kromekote repped this.