March Poll - % Chance Crew will stay for 2019

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by CrewV Man, Mar 12, 2018.

?

What percentage do you give that the Crew will play in Columbus in 2019?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2018.
  1. 0% - 10%

12.5%
  2. 11% - 20%

8.0%
  3. 21% - 30%

11.4%
  4. 31% - 40%

8.0%
  5. 41% - 50%

10.2%
  6. 51% - 60%

10.2%
  7. 61% - 70%

6.8%
  8. 71% - 80%

9.1%
  9. 81% - 90%

5.7%
  10. 91% - 100%

18.2%
  1. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Atomic KHT!

[​IMG]

chr1st repped this.
  2. Atomic Fury

Atomic Fury BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 30, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I invited everyone to opine about the idea.

3. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I appreciate the thoughts but giving FratAss more money is a bad idea. A few things I would love to see from opposing fans are a boycott, walkout or silence when the Crew visits. These protest ideas would carry more weight if the Crew were actually on TV.

Another idea is if the Crew is in town buy nothing at the stadium. Money seems to be the only language MLS speaks.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  4. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    [​IMG]
    Feel better?

5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even when DiCaprio tries to be churlish, he is still too much of a pretty boy.

6. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    There is a program aligned with #FillTheFre where you can buy tickets and donate them to CRIS (charity organization that helps kids/families...I don't know all the specifics but check them out). They maxed out all the donations (meaning every kid that could go, went) for the home opener and they are working with other groups in Columbus to expand. Perfect opportunity for out of towners to buy tickets and have locals use them.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  7. Coyote89

Coyote89 Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    May 18, 2017
    I see where you're going, but it might have more impact if fans publicly pledged to support Columbus but not Austin (i.e. no visiting supporters groups will travel there, fans will boycott watching them on TV, etc. Fans could even threaten to boycott whoever becomes the Austin jersey sponsor.) I know people get sick of me beating this drum, but the best chance of the Crew remaining in Columbus is if the move to Austin becomes untenable.

ibrew repped this.
  8. Barbaro

Barbaro Member

Roma
    United States
    May 3, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dropping in a word from the "enemy" camp, this below seems like a pretty solid analysis of the situation here in Austin. If you were to turn this poll around, and ask, "What are the chances that the Crew will find a stadium site and move here, ever?" I'd put it at below 50-50. And frankly, I think the only reason there's that good a chance, is because Precourt seems to have burned his bridges up there so badly that he can't stay there, so he'll settle for less favorable terms here.

Personally, I'm torn, as most fans in Austin are, I think. I'd love to have an MLS team here, and I'd work to make it succeed. It's something we've wanted for years and years, and this may be our only chance in my lifetime. BUT, the way it's happening totally sucks, and PSV have … well … let's say, not looked like great corporate partners so far. Nor is Austin in a political mood to cut a sweetheart deal on this. So if the deal goes south, so be it, and I hope it works out for you.

And I wouldn't presume to advise you on a retention strategy, except to say, I LOVE the idea suggested elsewhere in this thread of buying ads in the Austin Chronicle, because I'm also the publisher of that rag. (Feel free to follow our coverage at https://www.austinchronicle.com/sports/soccer-watch/ and in our News section.)

ibrew, CrewV Man, odave and 2 others repped this.
  9. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really enjoyed the courting Precourt piece from today (dated tomorrow).

10. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Real question is how are you publishing articles in the future? https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2018-03-23/courtship-by-precourt/

Also what are the lottery numbers tonight? I'll promise to buy a ton of ad space once I win (mainly the first 4 pages (in color) of Frankie hoisting the MLS cup).

11. Barbaro

Barbaro Member

Roma
    United States
    May 3, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We always try to stay ahead of our times, but never reveal secrets from the future.

12. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you Barbaro. I might do that survey too next month.

I And I don't consider Austin our enemy. I like Austin and I understand why you want a MLS team.

But as always I urge Austinites to be very careful with PSV and MLS. PSV has not been truthful, consistent or very good at their job. You could spend A LOT of money to get a turd. I fear that both cities are going to be used for a bidding war and no one will win.

13. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Attendance this year will have no effect on the decision to permanently move or not. It could affect when the team moves, if the decision is made and ratified by the league around the end of 2018. In that case, if it is clear attendance in Columbus would really be poor, it would be worth it for PSV to play in Austin in 2019 even with very little time to set up and sell 2019 tickets.

14. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The poll closed this morning.

15. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Did you require another 24 hours to come to a conclusion?