March Poll - % Chance Crew will stay for 2019

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by CrewV Man, Mar 12, 2018.

?

What percentage do you give that the Crew will play in Columbus in 2019?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2018.
  1. 0% - 10%

12.5%
  2. 11% - 20%

8.0%
  3. 21% - 30%

11.4%
  4. 31% - 40%

8.0%
  5. 41% - 50%

10.2%
  6. 51% - 60%

10.2%
  7. 61% - 70%

6.8%
  8. 71% - 80%

9.1%
  9. 81% - 90%

5.7%
  10. 91% - 100%

18.2%
  1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #26 Bill Archer, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Hasn't there been some annoying jerk around here saying over and over that this whole thing was going to get even uglier and nastier and much harder before it's done?

Who was that? Can't recall...

The answer to your question is that you double down. Quit with the shirts and that Crap. This ain't a walkathon for supporting the local children's library. It's a bar fight.

Look at the guy - can't recall - who went to the Arnold and there's a Crew booth and he stopped by only to get a lecture on what a miserable place Columbus is.

Point being, they aren't pulling any punches, they aren't trying to.play nice, they aren't putting out lace doilies and pouring tea. They're working at killing the Crew.

That seems to make some people sad. Saddy-sad-sad. Boo boo hoo.

west ham sandwich repped this.
  2. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Archer,

I realize we are not on each other's holiday card mailing lists (I reserve that for Timon), but I would hope you know me well enough to know I love the angry route. It is the route near and dear to my heart.

3. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    11K is low for opening day and the next home game will probably be lower still due to weather. But if the team keeps winning, when the weather improves, we'll see an uptick in attendance. I'll continue my personal boycott of putting money in Precourt's pockets but I don't begrudge others who go and try to improve turnout.

I agree with those who say that our attendance doesn't matter a whit and good or bad, will be used by PSV and MLS against us. If we sold out every game the rest of the year, they'd just say it was a goodbye tour and not organic.

I voted 81-90% chance the team plays in Cbus next year simply because litigation is usually slow paced and even with the Austin city council putting the McKalla resolution on a fast track, Precourt still doesn't have a deal done with UT.

4. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys need to stop patting yourselves on the back and telling everyone how right you are. Rumor has it that annoys people.

5. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I don't know why 1. anyone is surprised at anything, given that Crew fans have ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS been the proverbial herd of cats about which no catherd can do a thing, and 2. anyone thinks that anything at all short of a 100% sell-out for the season will NOT be used in SOME way against Columbus by Dong and Precum, depending on what is most expedient to them.

YOUR WELCOME!

6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don't mind annoying people. Some people deserve to be annoyed. Some people deserve much worse.

LaMacchia and svc641 repped this.
  7. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True.

8. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [drops a footnote] And I agree.

9. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah! Some people deserve to be Roma supporters.

#onelove

stanger and hangthadj repped this.
  10. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Syrup: 1 cup limoncello, juice of 4 lemons, 1 cup water 1/2 cup sugar. Combine in sauce pan until it reaches a boil. Simmer for five more minutes and allow to cool.

One part vodka one part syrup. Shake and strain over ice. Top with Italian blood orange soda.

You're welcome.

chr1st repped this.
  11. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    If we can just convince him that we are hip and cool too... Maybe we need a new music festival to lure him back..
    [​IMG]
    He may not like the lyrics, but I know one group that would gladly serenade him for some time...

chr1st repped this.
  12. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Keith Naas is the guy, I think that was told by a Crew rep how much Columbus businesses suck, and attendance does not matter.

So besides the lawsuit, how do we play dirty within the law?

13. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are not being angry enough.

14. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    $8000 gets you a 3" x 3" sticker on every copy of the Austin Chronicle for one day.

15. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    A full page ad telling Austin who their getting in bed with isn't a bad idea.

Atomic Fury repped this.
  16. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    [​IMG]

17. svc641

svc641 Member+

Aug 19, 2014
    West Liberty
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Project Mayhem does not exist.

Draghignazzo, kgilbert78 and stanger repped this.
  18. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Robert Warzycha, right? #WinkyFace

Look, they only way that Save the Crew makes any difference at all is if they take the thousands of dollars that they've raised so far and either A) funnel it to a local business for the sole purpose of buying a (large) corporate sponsorship, or B) use it to to launch a nationwide campaign to find a new Investor/Operator.

But yes, it's time for the rest of us to go negative. The problem is that I, like many others here, like to hang out with my friends at the stadium on Saturdays. That said, if someone brings a generator and a big screen, I could be convinced to use my ticket/concession budget to help defray the costs of any trespassing charges filed against us.

EDIT: I voted 21-30%. There's a 25% chance that even Precourt can blow a sure thing.

Atomic Fury repped this.
  19. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As badly as the league wants out of Columbus, they won't approve a move to Austin without a firm commitment to a place to play permanently. This requires not only acquisition of a site, but also a stadium plan and financing in place. The team needs administrative offices and both a temporary and plans for a permanent practice facility. There is a really nice college track & soccer stadium in town, which would serve as a temporary stadium, but the university feels like it's already booked pretty solid. Maybe, a lot of money would change their mind. For a while. Certainly not indefinitely.

Tony obviously thought he'd just fly into town, be acclaimed hero, and they'd hand him a deed to Butler Shores. After all, it is just perfect for him. Alas, so far they're only up to analyzing and discussing his last choice, the toxic plant explosion site. The early thought was there would be a report to discuss by June, but even that may be too soon now that City Council members are going on vacation.

In my humble opinion, if the Austin City Council really wanted this all to happen, they'd be moving on it all with a lot more alacrity. It could just be they figure they've got Tony firmly on the hook, and don't want their constituents mad that they gave away any taxpayer dollars on this deal, so they move slow to look tough. It could also be they have been getting to know A.J. Precourt and don't like all they see. No matter which way you see it, the discussions about who pays what for infrastructure, what the tax status of the land is to be, and other incidentals will drag on.

And then there's the litigation. Nothing but preliminary motions will happen this year. An injunction would freeze this whole thing in place until judgment, and an appeal from an injunction will takes months minimum. Plus, what are the chances Tony can get financing while he's being sued by the State of Ohio and, if he loses, can't use the stadium he wants to build?

As much money as Tony has, he could hire really competent help to do all the things help can do. In the end, personal relations with local power players can't be with underlings, they have to be with Tony. Without those personal relations, things are a lot harder. And Tony talks about making them, but we haven't seen anyone the locals recognize as big ju-ju come forward and say. 'I'm in his corner.' Sounds a lot like they've been getting to know Tony, too.

It's mid March now. The campaign to sell 2019 season tickets would normally start late summer. To start such a campaign, ticket prices and seat locations need to be known.

The question asked is, is it likely the Crew will play in Austin in 2019. I have given you my answer.

20. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay. I can get on the train that goes to the negative station. Just so I am following:

1) Who are the rest of us?

2) What does it mean to go negative?

3) How do we put that into action? Because I think we are all talking about actions. Actively doing. Right?

I genuinely want to discuss these ideas.

21. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #46 LaMacchia, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    It's times like this that make me wish I was an "idea guy" instead of a "do it" guy. I honestly have no idea how to impact our current situation short of winning the lottery or calling Eric Clapton.

22. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You good sir are in the right place.

stanger repped this.
  23. Sagz

Sagz Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Cbus
    Id be in on the parking lot protest....cause since we are all patting backs I said this would be a good tactic back after the announcement. Fast forward to the present and now that we have seen groups stage walkouts or no shows like Dortmund, the effect would do more than a sell out.

The players are big boys and wouldnt be offended, Im highly confident they would know what the protest was about.

"Rockin' In The Mapfre World"

There's colors on the street
    Black and Gold
    People shufflin' their feet
    People sleepin' in their shoes
    But there's a warnin' sign
    on the road ahead
    There's a lot of people sayin'
    we'd be better off dead
    Don't feel like Satan,
    but I am to them
    So I try to forget it,
    any way I can.

TKyle repped this.
  24. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two words: Opposition Research.

Two targets: Precourt & Garber.

Look, I said this at the beginning. Play dirty. They are.

Go to CP and see if they will fund it (and we are likely talking six figures here). If you want to sell T-shirts & stuff, this is where the proceeds should go.

Fratass likes to drink in bars and go see Phish. What else? Prediliction for younger girls? A little ecstasy? Both at the same time? Pictures or tape could be helpful. Divorce would be good for us. Perhaps he's made some derogatory statements about certain ethnic groups? Or has a fondness for brown sugar. Either could help in Texas.

Do a full check on all his business dealings. People rarely compartmentalize lying & deception. Perhaps there are some skeletons there.

Ditto Garber.

Anyway, that is my $0.02. I would go a bit further, but not on a public board.

25. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    So, you're looking for a pee tape and have a very racial essentialist view of the world. Yay?

west ham sandwich and Jim Bach repped this.