March Madness

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by GersMan, Mar 3, 2003.

1. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    No, I don't mean that podunk basketball thingie :) I mean the beginning of the club soccer tournament season. The major events I'm aware of coming up, and I do mean major, are the Jefferson Cup in Richmond, a major east coast event with the boys playing March 15-16 and the girls 22-23.

Also, the La Jolla Nomads Spring Showcase out west, also over a couple of weekends (broken up by age, not gender) and the Celtic Cup, (same weekends, same area, what gives?)

Anyone out there looking forward to watching or playing in these events? I think they will help shake out some of the early favorites for regional cups, U.S. Club Soccer Regionals (and I do stress EARLY favorites). In the case of Richmond,I think we'll need some dry weather from now until then to avoid adverse conditions (although it is nice and sunny ouside today), but I'm sure Strikers will do all they can do to make it work for everybody.

2. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here in the midwest is the Ohio Thunder Champions Cup for U16 & U17 teams is held near Columbus. Only State Champions are accepted unless they don't get enough State Champs apply and then they invite runners-up. This is held March 29-30.

Then the BlueChip Showcase in Cincinatti is a major event with the girls playing April 18-20 and the guys playing April 25-27.