March Friendlies: France & Australia

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by usfan1234, Nov 16, 2017.

1. C.Ronaldo goat

Chelsea
    Spain
    Mar 28, 2018
    Dude not cool not cool at all,

pepinointer repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree

3. C.Ronaldo goat

Chelsea
    Spain
    Mar 28, 2018
    Thanks

4. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #554 Baal88, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Ospina: didn't have a lot to do during the game. 5

Arias.: Very good performance, very regular in every aspect. He may not be Zuniga but a very good RB. 7

Mojica: mediocre first half, looked very nervous in the beginning. But in the second half he got unleashed. 3 beautiful crosses, a deep ball and some wonderful runs. The one-eyed pirate has finally met his nemesis. Haha. 7.5

Zapata: didn't have a lot to do but wasn't very good at distribution. 6

Murillo: my kind of defender. No nonsense but I'd like him even more if he took a bit more time to pick his passes. 6.5

Barrios: he was Boca's Barrios, a bulldog biting everyone that got in his way. In the first half helped mojica when he went forward and covered a lot of ground. 7

Aguilar: I really like Aguilar's passing but he is looking a bit out of his depth. He looked tired all the time. 5

Matheus: Decent game, not in the level he had on france but good enough to keep me happy. Great at every aspect of the game, he just needs to more luck in finishing, that header in the first half should have been goal. 6.5

James: The Australian team did a great work on him, didn't have a lot of space and his best moments were when he attacked from the wings. Just his accuracy in crossing is enough to keep him in the field. 6.5

Bacca: It's a shame because he moves very well to receive a pass, but when he has to play against these kind of teams he is out of place. He is a counter attacking threat and if Pekerman wants to use him needs to play to his abilities. 6

Falcao: he shouldn't have played this game at all. He looked very tired against France and against Australia was a shadow of himself. He should have stayed in France to get preparation with Monaco. Needs moar matches to get fit. 5

Lerma: his high pressing game is doing wonders the time he's been given by Pekerman, he works his ass off and doesn't look out of place so far. 7

Borja: was a constant threat the time he played, he was unlucky but I still feel he can give us a lot. 6.5

Mina: got in the second half. Almost starts a fight, was lucky he didn't get expelled. The rest of the time he did the same as always.6

Chara: he tried. But didn't do much. He brings a different energy when he enters but looks a bit limited physically. 6

Izquierdo: he tried some combinations but wasn't very effective. Pekerman should have given him more time in the two games. 6

Gio: didn't have much time but was crucial in two of the most important plays. Made the pass for the penalty and made the cross for the last play of the game that hit the bar. Still don't like him but he did well. 6.5

Pekerman: tried new players, tried a different formation, but should have tried a two winger formation for at least a full half in one of the two games. Otherwise I'm happy with his coaching. 6.5

5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    forgot abut this.... he needs to keep calm in these situations. Hoping he was talked to about that. A guy like Ramos(SPA) would have cried bloody murder and would have gotten him red carded easily.

dapip repped this.
  6. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Cuadrado already has started training with the main group this week, so barring any set backs he's got plenty of time to build up fitness heading into June. The biggest issue I see is that Juve is in the middle of a dog fight in the league and are underdogs to Real in the Champions League, so he probably isn't going to have easy games to ease into and get playing time. Bernadeschi being injured as well should help him though, hopefully he can be eased back and get to a good level by late April/early May.

7. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    a lot of hypotheticals here. theres still 80 some days before the wc.

8. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    there is no doubt that Abel is gonna go against the wishes of most people.
    i just hope he doesnt become a starter

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thanks god the criteria of the selection of players is not the opinion of the fans or journalists....

Actually only Uribe and maybe lerma could replace him in functions at good level.......and not so sure because we havent seem Uribe as company of Sanchez...

Is important to know that learn to differenciate between a cmf and dmf.....before called starters....

10. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    not sure who is arguing other wise.
    just stating the fact, people dont want him there. his level is horrendous

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah but people most people support uribe, said that falcao was retired....so i dont give a ******** if people disagree a pekerman choice....people also like to repeat what carlos antonio and caracol said.

He was very slow indeed.

But actually to improve the game in the left flank where colombia was having toruble with mojica....Pekerman decided to change uribe by aguilar.......and with aguilar in the leflt flank the game of the team improved by that flank......and colombia had more control

So not all is so obvious and "black.

It is clear that pekerman will want for the torunament.....

3 midfielders back to james.........Sanchez and maybe uribe are pieces over there....the other players that can give the function are lerma (maybe) and aguilar....surely barrios not and cantillo wasnt proved.

So i agree he will be called, but i disagree that wont be a mistake...taking account that in the process were proved 7 players in his position and nobody performed. (this isnt opinion, is fact)

12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    #562 Azucarero, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    I'm quoting this not only for truth but also to highlight Pekerman's strategy. This is the best game we've ever seen from Barrios for Colombia and his first start in a quite a while. I don't think it's a coincidence that he played in a formation most similar to the one he plays in for Boca, in the middle of a set of three, constantly keeping the other team from getting into our half on counters.

I think once Cuadrado comes back, we're going to see an experiment with a legitimate 433:
    James Falcao Caudrado
    Lerma Barrios Uribe

Edit: And if Pekerman has a lot of faith in Muriel as the winger, put him where James is and get rid of Uribe for James. That's some Fifa level offense if Lerma can step it up. (wishful thinking)

Furnaccio, ryu79, kromekote and 2 others repped this.
  13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Sanchez will be in for Barrios.

Furnaccio repped this.