March Friendlies: France & Australia

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by usfan1234, Nov 16, 2017.

1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Except he did over time and we qualified and have a solid xi going into the tournament.

If you are upset over how long it took him to figure it out, go ahead.

2. el escorpion

el escorpion Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    La verdad sí, su ciclo (maravilloso), se cierra después del mundial desde mi punto de vista.

3. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman did well yall. calm down. no one argued he didnt do great things.. no me manden la moto hahahah

its just time to move on..

villus repped this.
  4. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    okay. the WC hasnt started calm down. some aggressive folks here

5. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Actually Pekerman had great qualifiers last time.
    By the last two games we already had 26 points with the favorable upcoming fixture of Paraguay and Peru (that's 6 points right there if everything goes according to the points we normally get during qualifiers, nobody is asking us to beat Argentina in or Uruguay in Motevideo or some crazy shit like that).

But Because futbol is unpredictable, you need to have some "savings" in case the unpredictable happens... Ospina with some flukes made us loose 5 points after being up by 1-0 in both games, that's honestly not Pekerman's fault, with those 5 points we would qualify as 2nd.

ryu79 repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't remember a match in which Uribe, Barrios and Aguilar started together. That to me is a bad experiment that I do not want to see in the World Cup.
    I and others here also do not want to see Bacca and Falcao play together up top. That is another part of the experiment when compared to the France game that went wrong.
    Mojica even though he did have a better second half was a part of the experiment I will not say a bad part but he was new and I think Fabra would have done better.

So in other words it was an experiment. And we will probably never see it again.

dapip repped this.
  7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why was Uribe starting? Because Cuadrado is injured? So if your starter is injured is it not you main roster?

Uribe started against France. He is the new starter. Or in the words of some of you that Mina-Davison (hope it stays that way) are the starters tho Zapata-Murillo was our pair most of qualifiers.

Bacca was played as a winger. And out of all the strikers called he has the 2nd most goals and games in yellow.

Look just tired of the excuses for Pekerman. He has places he needs to improve. We win it’s because of him. We get a bad result it’s the players fault or “this isn’t our A team”

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #533 HomietheClown, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    The lineup was an experimental one that we will not see again. (At least I believe it is a lineup that we will never see again.)

Friendlies are not about results Crzd. They are about how we can use players tactically, viewing how players are doing with their current form and fitness levels and tinkering with things to find out what our strengths and weaknesses are.

Do you remember the friendlies before Brazil 2014?

dapip repped this.
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Look going to stop arguing because I will grade the coach based on how the team is doing not on what country he was born in.

My issue is if he was a Colombian coach he would have gotten cruicified.

We have been pretty bad since the Brazil game at the WC. We lack a MF that creates chances. If you don’t agree then that fine. This isn’t the 1st game or last game this has happened.

He talks about players form and hoping they come back in 3 months starters and playing well. But we all know that doesn’t matter when it comes to a certain group of guys.

Experience is nice but talent is better.

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You just like to complain for the sake of complaining and have no argument at all.

11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My question is, if Abel is not up to the task, how do we replace him? I feel that if Cardona and/or Cuadrado are available, James can drop back a lot, like he's doing at Bayern and be the link up, letting Cardona and Cuadrado command the attack..

------------Roca
    ------Uribe------------
    -----------------James
    Cuadrado--------------Cardona/Izquierdo/Muriel
    --------------Falcao

If Cuadrado is not available, then James would play on the right, but I feel that this lineup is less balanced since James will drift a lot to the middle, and it will require a lot of forward movement from Arias....

------------Roca
    ------------------Uribe
    James--------Cardona--------Izquierdo/Muriel
    --------------Falcao

if neither is in (Cuadrado and Cardona),

I can see Pekerman playing 4-1-2-1-2, but that is a rather defensive line up...

---------------Roca
    -------Lerma----------------Uribe
    ---------------James
    -------------------Izquierdo/Muriel
    --------------Falcao

pepinointer and HomietheClown repped this.
  12. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Watch I bet Abel is going to pull a Yepes this year. All talked shit about him repeatedly and he played like a ********ing legend in 2014. Pekerman is hoping for the same with Abel! XDDD

crzdcolombian and HomietheClown repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I was thinking the same thing actually. I was one of the Yepes doubters (especially after the goofy collision he and Ospina and the Tunisian player had during the Tunisia match) and he had a heck of a World Cup.

Furnaccio repped this.
  14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If both cuadrado and Abel make the final 23 and are starters expect both of them to be subbed out early on during the group stage.

The big question about cuadrado is going to be his level of fitness going to June. His injury is not the kind that even allows him to train right now, right??

During 2014 WC, i believe armero was the one who lacked fitness and was subbed out for arias and Abel was getting subbed for Mejía for the first couple of group games.

I just don’t want a repeat of 2014 where pekerman goes with Abel for 3 out of the first four games only to be replaced by guarin (who was hardly used by pekerman) in the QFs.

dapip repped this.
  15. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Let's say we have players to win the group or at least qualify in the second place of the group.
    The question is who would we start when facing Belgium or England in a k.o. phase?

16. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    If there was a Colombian coach that did what Pekerman has done for Colombia he would be hailed as the second coming of Christ.

The only one that has come close was Maturana and he failed at every World Cup badly.

Pekerman's teams have never choked like Maturangas.

ryu79 and villus repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is true.

Yeah Chiqui, Maturana, Pinto, Lara, Bolillo and RUEDA then was spoiled because they failed so bad......

Pekerman have been better than them not only in wcq, also in copa america (excelpt maturana) . he was third place...................

@crzdcolombian In Colombia there is a lot critics toward pekerman actually. WIN SPORTS have a tv program all nights with carlos antonio velez only to talk shit about pekerman..................so get informed before.

dapip repped this.
  18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Rather than say Abel played poorly (ex: his positioning seems to be a step off from what it used to be --he was never a fast guy but was clearly beaten many 1 v 1s), I would rather focus on the positives from this experience. I was very impressed with Lerma and Uribe in the MF. Barrios also looked 1000x better than he did last time he played for the NT. He looked more like Boca's Barrios. These are good 'headaches' to have for any DT but I don't think Barrios will sit Sanchez. I will state the obvious don't ask James to play the link up DFM. It doesnt mean he can't come back and contribute defensively but he has to be a guy that has to be allowed to roam as he sees the game (within tactical reasoning).

I think what I enjoyed the most from the experience is that every player hustled to win a spot. Now I understand the clear difference between Mojica vs Fabra. When we had Armero, he offered depth and assists and did an ok job defensively. He was a constant threat along his wing. Fabra tends to offer a more short pass triangulation solution but Mojica's service into the box is undeniable specially when you have strikers like Falcao or Duvan. The constant switching of the point of attack gave Colombia a lot of mobility and made them less predictable. There is no doubt that Davidson and Mina looked better than Zapata and Murillo so I think we have a very capable CB starting duo (who can also score).

If I had to say the best 11 out of these 2 friendlies:

----------------Ospina----

Arias---D.Sanchez--Mina --Mojica

---- Roca----Lerma ----Uribe

Muriel ------------------------James

----------------Falcao

honorable mention 3 subs:
    Izquierdo
    Borja
    Barrios

dapip, krass, Furnaccio and 2 others repped this.
  19. C.Ronaldo goat

Chelsea
    Spain
    Mar 28, 2018
    None of these teams will win the world cup, Australia are trash, France are good but won't have king C.Ronaldo in the team, Colombia only have one or two good players.

kromekote, pepinointer and Baal88 repped this.
  20. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What else can I do but rep him guys. I like this kind of trolling.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    and what he said is true :ROFLMAO:

crzdcolombian and dapip repped this.
  22. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes. Not a single false statement there.

HomietheClown and crzdcolombian repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Especialmente lo de Colombia:

Los unicos jugadores que pueden llevar a ganar algo a Colombia, son dos: Falcao y James. El mundo lo sabe, son los unicos que pueden ser lideres de equipos top. Los otros buenos gregarios, buenos guerreros, ortdenados competitivos, pero no TOP.

Davinson no te va a ganar un juego, Mina tampoco, Sanchez tampoco....son jugadores competitivos, pero no te van a ganar un torneo por si solos

Por eso suena tan ridiculo cuando @villus propone dos tipos de 27 años con carreras super mediocres (edad donde falcao ya tenia 3 nominaciones a balon de oro) para ser titulares sobre el......por que uno es mas rapido y el otro mas tanque.

24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

villus and Baal88 repped this.
  25. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+