March Friendlies: France & Australia

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by usfan1234, Nov 16, 2017.

1. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah, just like we could of been out.
    check it. Chile is out

2. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    those are players based on their indivual skills. its hard to deny a spot to players like Davinson foe example. our system has very very little variety ...
    just the fact we still have to rely on Abel is ridiculous having players like Lerma. Like I sadi players like James and others that play in europe dont respect some dude playing in a shit team like cali playing shit football like abel.

3. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, they are. Great point. Good job, Jose.

kromekote repped this.
  4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    and with important difficulties:

1. Replacing all our back four......
    2. lacking for the big part of the wcq our best player in the last wcq...

Dont make sense that “Pekerman hasnt really done shit“

5. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no need for commas there playa.

my point is we had really shit results like loosing against paraguay at home. That could of let us out. it didnt thats fine. but lets not pretend like we walked the qualifiers

6. el escorpion

el escorpion Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No que va, no ha hecho un culo, no mas tomó una selección de quinta en 2012 y la llevo a ser la numero 5 del mundo, luego de eso no nos cumplió el muy maldito! dijo que su deber era llevarnos a octavos de final en el mundial y nos llevó hasta cuartos de final, tan mala gestión y eso que dejando a la estrella del equipo por fuera debido a una lesión. Dizque quintos en un mundial, si a nosotros lo que nos gusta es ser 14 como en el '62 o en el '90. Luego del mundial se fueron varios jugadores que de una u otra forma eran pilares o recurrentes, como Guarín, Yepes, Ramos, Zuñiga, Armero, Teo (está mas fuera que dentro), logra incorporar nueva sangre a la base que quedó de la copa mundial y para colmar nos vuelve a calificar a una copa del mundo sencillamente, con lo que hay!. Un dato más, somos la selección numero 13 del mundo, de 2012 a hoy hemos caído 8 puestos, nunca en nuestra historia habíamos tenido una jerarquía de tal nivel...NUNCA! Pero calmado, el no ha hecho nada, viejo ese sinvergüenza!

dapip and pepinointer repped this.
  7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Davinson was called since Nacional times.....actually he was very critiziced in his debut in copa america 2016 against costa rica......Now is very easy to say “that he is a crack“ predicting what already happened...in 2016 wasnt so easy.

yeah only the real good ones deserved an spot in the nt.....but we can returned to pintos time when played in the NT wasnt a privilege was normal with:

Emir Gonzalez, Portocarrero, Polo, Nilson Cortes, Carmelo Valencia , Valoyes, Jc escobar, Toja, Milton Rodriguez....

8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes and no

Take a look at the depth chart folder in the forum. You’ll see the variety of lineups and players selected for each game. Off the top of my head we gave players like Dani Torres, Sebastian Pérez, alex Mejía, guarin and Guillermo celis/Gustavo Cuéllar opportunities in the midfield to give cover to both Abel and Roca.

Where pekerman has failed in my eyes is that he hasn’t been able to come up with a strategic way to control the ball. Often times our cohesion looks like a pick up team from a Saturday league.

I don’t expect us to play tiki taka like Barcelona but we need to incorporate a short/quick pass strategy where we pass into space rather than to a player. The falcao goal last game was one of our better goals I can easily recall bc we had some good ball movement off a counter to lead to that goal.

Also - pekerman has made us into a team that does not rely an any one player. We got many solid results without James during WCQ and we played sharp without cuadrado and Cardona.

Argentina without Messi....look at the score today

Brazil without Neymar.....much weaker team.

villus repped this.
  9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is impossible to walked the conmebol wcq......yeah and also we defeated them in asunción.......

Brasil debuted losing agaisnt chile that was elimianted, Argentina lost to ecuador, Uruguay had a bad 2017.........You talked like usually is an easy wc1

10. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    like we have been doing for the last mmmm 4 eliminatorias?

11. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cool story. South American qualifying is tough. Pekerman changed over his back line and wings. He found solutions when he didn't have James and he handled bringing Falcao back in as well as anyone could ask - to say he doesn't deserve credit for that or didn't accomplish anything the past four years is soft.

12. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    if we are gonna rely on what he did in the past then keep him for ever.

his game play has been shit and the fact we have to rely on dudes like Aguilar proves he hasnot done shit. PLayers like Armero are not around anymore simply bc they ********ing suck! not bc he is triny ganything new. AND just bc he is trying new players does not mean he is trying new scheme and tactics which he hasnt

we could play with 3 center backs bc we have the number and talent. we just dont have the work put in

13. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Also if we play with Lerma he is really good at pressing high and creating turnovers, almost all of our chances can from us pressing high and winning the ball back and then countering. Aguilar again hurts our ability to press teams, Lerma is great at it and playing for example Lerma gave us a great ability to recycle the ball quickly and to pin teams back better. Either way I think its super important that we figure that spot out, playing midfields like Germany/Spain/Croatia/Argentina if we get to the knockout rounds will take a lot of pressing and a midfield that can cover a lot of ground. Against France it showed that playing Aguilar there is just not going to work even on his best days right now, wish Torres and Perez could have gotten it together to create more competition there.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    and what??? So that means is easy??? not all teams do it....

According to you Defensores del chaco has a connexion with colombians that gave him super powers..

Chile and Perú got a point less than Colombia, because they won 3 point in the TAS not in the field.........Colombia got all his points in the field.

dapip repped this.
  15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think the reality is in the middle. We weren't clicking and playing amazing going forward but Pekerman went pragmatic when he had to and did what he had to do to get us through. But if we contrast it to the 2014 cycle we haven't hit the same heights, he deserves credit for bringing us through but we should also say that the players and the coach haven't clicked the way we'd like.

16. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Great point. Good job, Jose.:ROFLMAO:

I think all of yous are getting confused.

because he brings a player for another doesnt mean he is working on schemes and tactics. We've been playing the same thing over and over and over with little change. Abel shouldnt be there anymore and we could play with three defenders but thats not gonna happen bc Pekerman hsanot done shit since brasil 2014. The Copa America right afterrards shows this

17. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    All i am syaing is just like we got into the WC we could of been out. Was it that way last time? NOPE.

We DID NOT beat a top comebol team at home in the home WCQ. we played bad a lot of times. thast just a fact. we got in but we could of also been out also.

no ones is saying the WCQ is a walk dont strawman

18. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is airtight logic. The Copa America the year after the world cup shows we havent done anything in the subsequent three years since. I concede.

dapip repped this.
  19. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we played with almost the exact team when it was not showing results.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    is neccesary to play with 3 cbs??? you talked like it was an ideal formation

I Repeat a fact that you want to ignore, because is easier to bitch ignoring facts like a hooligan that to analize the context and the process:

Aguilar was out since copa america 2015 to the end of the first round of wcq. He didnt played in copa america 2015 and in copa america 2016, he didnt play until the match in paraguay.....after 6 players were proved to replace him: guarin, mejia, perez, Torres, Celis, Cuellar

In twitter you are going to find a lot of people bitching like you and agree with you.....here people prefer to lookt the context and a real count of facts

21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We didn't qualify as well, sure. We also didnt have nearly the form at key positions we did prior and were swapping guys constantly. Also, replacing Yepes's leadership is nontrivial.

I think your statement is pretty accurate, but I like the group we have going into the tournament (with a big worry on Ospina - which is the spot i am surprised has gotten less criticism) and I think Pekerman will have the team ready to play.

22. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am not. Its just an example in how we have been playing the same shit over and over. the results def show. we could of been out of the WC. fine we were not but could have been...easily!
    im not ingorning facts man..i just dont agree with you lol. sorry you cant take that

23. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    half of the pople here cant take the fact that its time for Pekerman to go regardless of what happens in russia

24. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    thank you. Thats Pekerman's fault for not finding them HAVING THEM

25. el escorpion

el escorpion Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A pesar de que te aporté datos que incluyen resultados ACTUALES, dices que hablo del pasado, la gente solo ve lo que quiere ver.
    Sí como no, por eso estaremos en otra copa del mundo....:rolleyes:
    Jugadores como Armero, segundo máximo asistente en las eliminatorias al 2014 y el que fuera referente de la banda izquierda simplemente tiene su declive natural...esto no es un videojuego mijo
    Muchos técnicos, grandes técnicos, tienen un esquema y estilo de juego definido, reitero, esto no es un videojuego, si a él le ha dado resultado, sería muy inconveniente modificar un esquema completo donde te ves en la obligación de adaptar a los habituales en el proceso y a los nuevos al esquema que hacen parte de tus pajazos mentales, eso sería totalmente irresponsable. Tal como hizo Pinto que tomó el mierdero pseudo-ofensivo de Maturana y Rueda y lo convirtió en otro mierdero pseudo defensivo, que pruebo aquí? cambiar el esquema de poco sirvió.

En serio no se entiende como le cuesta entender a la gente que un trabajo serio no se hace tirando al carajo todo con lo que se ha trabajado y dado resultados por un día en que se empató y mas les cuesta admitir que somos potencia en el futbol, los favoritos dentro de los grupos de Copa America y Copa Mundial (antes ni íbamos) desde que llegó este señor.

dapip repped this.