Maradona 86 vs. Messi 14

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Bada Bing, Jul 20, 2014.

1. leadleader

leadleader Member+

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This surely has to take the cake for stupidest argument ever in any Ronaldo v Messi discussion... Ronaldo was the 'inspiration' that elevated Portugal in a game that Ronaldo did not played, not the clutch goal scored by a Portuguese whose name I don't even remember; if only Messi could inspire his teammates into scoring clutch goals, oh well. I mean, this argument is so incredibly stupid that it literally sounds like a deliberate joke, satire, etc.

Danko repped this.
  2. leadleader

leadleader Member+

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Mascherano was only better than Messi in one game, and yet, you are explicitly stating that Argentina fans would have 'difficulty' in trying to pick who was better between Messi or Mascherano... which in my opinion is thoroughly delusional to say the least.

You also fail to mention how consistently decisive Messi was in every game that Di Maria played, probably because Di Maria's dribbling ability was the only other legitimate dribbling outlet to Messi's own dribbling, which made Messi's job a lot easier. And I must make the distinction that in terms of Di Maria's dribbling ability, I do not exclusively define the importance of said ability on the basis of how successful Di Maria actually was at dribbling, but rather the important thing in my opinion is how successful Di Maria was at keeping defenders busy, which can and often does happen even when the dribbler gets dispossessed in most of his dribbling attempts.

Moreover, Di Maria was not better than Messi - literally - not in any game at all, and yet, you seem to be under the impression that Di Maria was almost as good as Messi, to the point that so-called Argentina fans would have 'difficulty' trying to decide who was better between Messi or Di Maria... which, again, in my opinion is thoroughly delusional.

No 'consensus' is necessary to expose the sheer madness of some of your arguments in this thread. Mascherano was better than Messi only in one game, or at the most two games if you want to be extra-generous to Mascherano. Di Maria was not better than Messi in any game. And Messi was by some distance Argentina's best and most productive player.

Who were the best 3 players at World Cup 2014 in your opinion?

Bavarian14 repped this.
  3. carlito86

carlito86 Member+

Jan 11, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #3528 carlito86, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Dont take this the wrong way but why do you think your opinion on this matter is in any way shape or form relevant

What is throughly delusional is leadleader who resides in america(?) thinking he knows what eder thinks better than eder himself

What is thoroughly delusional is you being unable to fathom or accept that a player of ronaldos stature and influence in the game can influence his teammates while not even participating on the pitch
    Ronaldo was the de facto assistant coach of that portuguese team in the final
    His word mattered more than anyone come the half time whistle

Im not here to engage in a debate about easily verfiable facts

For once you need to humble yourself and just accept things as they are especially from people as eder,cedric soares,pepe etc who are first hand witnesses
    all of whom came out in different moments and said ronaldo raised the morale of the Portuguese NT
    Gave them belief etc

Your opinion on this matter isnt actually relevant and doesnt change what happened

This is like a democrat being in a coma for 5 years just waking up in 2019 completely denying trump is the US president even seeing it on newspapers,TV,internet etc
    Calling it satire,a joke,outrageous etc
    At least he will need time to adjust to reality
    Thats his excuse but whats yours?

You were alive and well during the relevant time period,youve seen the first hand testimony but still deny it