Map of Top Tier England Football Club Stadiums

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by arsenalfreaky, Aug 3, 2005.

1. arsenalfreaky

arsenalfreaky Member

Jul 22, 2005
    South Carolina USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I want to share a website I've created, which I've put a lot of time and effort into for some time now. It contains a map of England along with zoomed-in maps of larger cities and/or areas of England with more than one football club. The maps are HUGE and the site takes a bit of time to load even on broadband, but I think it's well worth it for passioniate football fans. I had wanted to find such a thing a while back, but unfortunately could not find it anywhere on the Internet. So I created it. It shows all Premiership, Coca Cola Football League, and Nationwide Football Conference teams, so there are quite a few teams shown. Each team's stadium is marked with a little soccer ball on the maps. Please let me know what you think, and let others know about it. I really want to promote the site and share it with others. Thanks much. I can be reached at yabewatch@mail.com The site is http://footballclubs.dyndns.org/

2. The one

The one Red Card

Jul 21, 2005
    London
    chucky dee

3. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Not bad. A bit too cluttered, perhaps, maybe if you can make the tags for the teams smaller. Also, on the the big map it's hard to tell where on the map each team belongs, if there is more than one in a geographic area - maybe you need arrows pointing to the exact location.

Other than that, excellent work.

4. arsenalfreaky

arsenalfreaky Member

Jul 22, 2005
    South Carolina USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it can be cluttered, but there is a ton of info and clubs on the map. To aleviate the clutter, I created those "hide/show" links in the top left corner. Plus, you can choose to only show clubs from certain leagues. Enjoy and please share with others. Thanks.

5. bigwilly087

bigwilly087 Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey man this looks great, i was actually looking for this exact thing a couple weeks ago. Im new to the whole english soccer, excuse me football thing, and will definetely bookmark this for future use.
    Great job, im glad somebody had more initiative than me!

6. squiz

squiz New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    HI

I support Huddersfield town. I went on the website and found the name but when i clicked on the name it came up with that lot of scum Barnsley. So i was just lettin u know. Try an make the big labels a bit smaller aswell cos sum of em blok other teams.

7. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    Then, explain to me why I found Huddersfield straight away. Just click on the blue ball for Halifax / Huddersfield area grounds and a close up map appears.
    BTW you were wrong in your post on the colaship try-out threads, Richard L was correct in what he said about getting a work permit.

8. squiz

squiz New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Thanks for that ill try it agen n see if it works. :)

9. VirginiaWolf

VirginiaWolf New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. arsenalfreaky

arsenalfreaky Member

Jul 22, 2005
    South Carolina USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks to all. Yep, I gotta fix the Wolves's URL. Thanks for that.

11. Old Cosmos Fan

Jun 8, 2002
    Originally NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love this. It went strait to my favs. Thanks

12. Chadwell

Chadwell New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    North Carolina
    If you like this kind of mapping stuff, I highly recommend checking out "Google Earth". They're currently beta testing it, but its free to download.

It works just the same as any online mapping program but instead of a 2D pictorial map, they use actual satellite photos. It also has pan/tilt/zoom capabilities, and you can turn on/off layers for roads, schools, gas stations, etc.

The only drawback at this time is that outside of major metropolitan areas, the resolution is pretty poor.

Some addresses to type in:

Sir Matt Busby Way, Manchester, M16, England
    Avenell Road, London, N5, England

And my personal favorite…

Castle Street, London, E13, England :D

13. Old Cosmos Fan

Jun 8, 2002
    Originally NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Google Earth is incredible. thank you so much for the tip.

14. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the work you did on this map. It was helpful in finding some teams that I was looking for and puts some perspective on where things are.

15. arsenalfreaky

arsenalfreaky Member

Jul 22, 2005
    South Carolina USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hey all, I've very recently, over the past couple days, added some more enhancements to the site. I've replaced the "noisy" England map with one which is not only larger (yep, even larger), but it's less "noisy", making it easier to see where the club stadiums are at. Let me know what you think. Keep in mind I've been experiencing something odd with the way the "labels" look (they are layers) in FireFox. I'm investigating this issue, but it looks perfectly fine in IE. I'm looking for help in promoting my site. arsenalamerica.com has given me "top billing" with a link at the top of their "Links" section, which is great. I'm all ears for any suggestions/promotion help at yabewatch@mail.com. Thanks.

16. T Moore

T Moore New Member

Jan 28, 2000
    See

footballgroundsguide.co.uk

It is the best... each shed has it's own page and is placed on a map of England for you... Great directions too... even gives you the songs to listen for

17. FCConnecticut

FCConnecticut New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Now it just needs some printing support. Nice job!