ManU vs. RSL

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Arelius, Mar 21, 2017.

1. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is the address where you work?

2. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    aka "The Beer Store" location? I didn't realize they were serving sandwiches there now, but I guess that would go along with having opened the bar there. My kids were disappointed that they quit selling root beer by the growler.

P.S. In Atlanta this weekend for a wedding. Visited Creature Comforts, Terrapin, and Sweetwater's 'The Woodlands'. Nary a requirement to buy food, but a unique GA requirement to pay for a 'tour' incl. glass, then you get a tour, samples, and can get 'to go' beer. Apparently their legislature just eased up and passed a new law that allows them to sell beer in their taprooms directly soon (unlike some others headed the other way with liquor laws).

P.P.S. I didn't see many AUFC clad fans here, but there were a number of obvious billboards, ads, and plus signs up in restaurants around town.

3. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke to the office today to clarify everything. Tomorrow when the tickets go on sale, it's only to purchase your existing seats. We'll have two weeks to decide whether or not to purchase the seats we currently sit at, then it says that after those two weeks, there will be another window to purchase additional seats outside of the ones we have as season ticket holders. There's still no word on what the pricing will be after this two week window. It just says we'll be able to buy more at a significant discount. I assume this means at the rate on the pdf I linked. No clue what the costs will be when it reaches the general public.

bcred repped this.
  4. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks very much,you have all been so kind.

5. HighNoon

HighNoon Member

RSL
    United States
    Mar 20, 2017
    If anyone doesn't want their tickets I will buy them.

6. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a nice promotion from RSL in my email. Something along the lines of because you cancelled your season tickets you can't buy seats for ManU, but you could, if you renew them.

I don't fault them for using this game to market. Just seemed a little heavy-handed.

pcny and 15 to 32 repped this.
  7. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Got the same one. Almost considered it. Thought that maybe I could sell the ManU tickets for enough to pay for the balance of the season tickets and get the year essentially free.

8. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know that you'd make enough profit to cover your season tickets, but I'm sure you could make a dent in them. Mine cost 70, and I'd imagine they'd probably be at least 100 when they go to the public. I don't know that I could sell mine for double, but I could see it maybe going for about 120.

Of course, this is all speculation on what the tickets will go for when they hit the public. They keep saying these things are at a significant savings, so does that mean we're getting them at 25% off? 50%? Who knows!

9. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have to say,for a football supporters forum,this plotting up to scalp/touting we call it.
    Is quite distasteful,think about this if it were the other way around. Poor form lads.

_Ziggy_ and SALTLAKEJAKE repped this.
  10. Ivensor

Ivensor Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    This one time I won a gift at a raffle, but I didn't really want it. Found out it was worth $50 on eBay. I sold it. Was that immoral somehow?

HighNoon and Allez RSL repped this.
  11. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All I can say is there are forums on big soccer that are used to sell and trade World Cup & Euros tickets.
    In those forums members are banned for touting.

12. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    For the record, I'm not actually doing it. The thought occurred to me when I looked on flash seats and saw what some people thought their tickets were worth. I think it equally likely that anyone who inflates their ticket price will get stuck with them, which they would deserve.

That being said, I have an associate at work that paid for his season tickets for the Milwaukee Bucks by selling the 2 Chicago games (with Michael Jordan at the time). So consider it a compliment that I am somehow equating the potential draw of ManU with that of Michael Jordan.

13. HighNoon

HighNoon Member

RSL
    United States
    Mar 20, 2017
    Give me a break, man. I find nothing wrong with it.

You have something of value, others perceive the value to be more than perhaps even you do, so you sell to the highest bidder. That's not poor form. That's called being smart.

Scalping is legal in Utah. You'll see scalpers on the way into the stadium. Just because we're supporters on a forum doesn't mean the mindset has to change.

Don't like it/can't afford it? Tough shit.

14. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I said I find it distasteful.

The USA branch of the Mufc supporters club has a block of tickets. I would be very careful about extending yourself too far.
    The fact that it is a Monday night
    Will dissuade many.

I now live in Canada.
    I personally do not have access to the US branch tickets.

As far as money is concerned look at my Signiture. The travel alone would sink most men.

DrownedElf and 15 to 32 repped this.
  15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh. This is capitalism economics 101. Which has never claimed to have any heart in it.

I look down upon it. I think people that buy tickets purely to turn around and make a profit are scum. My profession, in a way though, could be dumbed down to essentially the same thing so maybe I'm not the right person to defend it.

Lizzie Bee, SALTLAKEJAKE and RSLer repped this.
  16. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. 100% this.

17. HighNoon

HighNoon Member

RSL
    United States
    Mar 20, 2017
    Distasteful is coming into this forum, being treated extremely well, then turning around and claiming some BS moral authority because people want to make a buck off a hot ticket, then bragging about your travel... Now that's poor form, lad.

18. HighNoon

HighNoon Member

RSL
    United States
    Mar 20, 2017
    There must be several scum bags all around you then. Everything you pay for has earned someone a profit. You obviously don't run a business. And if you are just singling out the folks that buy tickets to resell them, sure that can be annoying, but they have every right to do so. Oh yeah, and guess what? Nobody is forcing you to buy them from a scalper. If you perceive the match is valuable enough, you'll pay. If not, you won't.

The RSL franchise is a bunch of scum bags because they make money off those tickets. They've jacked the prices up for this match. What scum bugs for recognizing an amazing business opportunity. God forbid someone makes some money around here.

19. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dude, dial it back a bit

20. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fact.
    There are some forums on Big Soccer that automatically ban you for scalping.
    You/or others brought up money,or my inability to pay. I simply replied.
    I'm 60 years old I have been around the world watching the game.
    I have bought off the black market,I still find it distasteful.
    Many on here have offered to help,but it doesn't change my opinion on touts.

21. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I'm feeling a little bad that I was the one that broached the topic to begin with even though in reality I would never personally do it.

At the same time, I do enjoy watching fireworks, so carry on...

Lizzie Bee and SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  22. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol I don't intend to carry on. I will buy you a beer if we all get the chance to meet.

Taragui repped this.
  23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OH, SO NOW YOU ASSUME WE ALL DRINK!?!?

(sarcasm)

24. HighNoon

HighNoon Member

RSL
    United States
    Mar 20, 2017
    #74 HighNoon, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Fact: A forum real life is not.

Taragui will have some Yerba mate.

Taragui repped this.
  25. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Scalpers are the scum of the earth, right up there with used car salesman and lawyers, I'll just leave it at that.

Odds are I'm not going to be able to get tickets, based on what I've seen from social media sales discussions, or I'm going to have to sell a kidney to get a couple. As much as I would love to see MUFC, I prefer to keep my kidneys.

SenordrummeR2, bcred and Todorojo repped this.