Mandaric's latest proclamation!!

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by David Hankey, Jul 6, 2008.

1. David Hankey

David Hankey Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Great Easton, Leicestershire, England
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Milan Mandaric has stated publicly that "Leicester City WILL be the Manchester United of League One"!!

All I can say he must know something we fans don't. Let's hope they start playing like them.

David Hankey

2. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an aspiration.

When he took over, who ever thought his dream would have been to be the Man Utd of League One?

Let's just hope he doesn't have another dream of being the Arsenal of the Conference.

3. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Always interesting when people selectively quote to fit their agenda

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/detail...935531&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0

Slightly different when the full quote is used......

4. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "agenda" is frustration. We've been reduced to proclaiming ourselves the 3rd Division's Man Utd instead of actually playing the real thing.

MM can dress up this season as much as he wants but the fact remains we're stuck in the third tier.

5. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Come on. The quote was taken out of context. Forest, Leeds, Man City and others ran into the same problem. What Pearson needs to do is sign players who will relish the challenge rather than shirking from it.

Not disagreeing with that. I just don't like people who selectively quote and then never come back to the discussion.

6. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a feeling Leicester will be ok, at least you're not in administration entering the 3d tier.

7. David Hankey

David Hankey Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Great Easton, Leicestershire, England
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, Placid Casual, fancy you thinking I wouldn't return - I do have other things to do!!

The fact remains that Mandaric stated that we "will be the Manchester United of League One"!!

Why be picky, I was not being selective at all.

Mandaric said what he said and it really goes without saying that everyone will be out to beat Leicester City this season. I thought you might have elaborated on the second paragraph of my posting, that would have been a greater contribution.

David Hankey

8. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    You selectively quoted what Mandaric said without putting it into context.

Mandaric said:

It would have been a greater contribution by you if you had focused on the second part of what he said. Mandaric has not shown much patience in the past with his managers. Maybe he has learnt his lesson.

That was the interesting part of what he said not some quote about the Mancs.

Why don't you go back to writing letters to the editor of the Mercury?

9. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Odd comment from Milan, seeing as most clubs are already advertising their game against Leeds. Bigger club and all that. Although the biggest game will be Leeds v Leicester at Elland Road, I doubt Leicester will be the Man Utd of League One, they'll just replace Forest.