Manco future bust?

Discussion in 'Alianza Lima' started by Crema, May 30, 2008.

1. Crema

Crema Member

May 9, 2005
    What do you guys think? My father tells me to (mark his words) that he thinks Manco will be a bust, and thinks that Manco thinks he's the shit judging from his last incident. He says he's too short. I thought about this and I'm not sold on this midget I mean he's no Maradonna or anything, all of this hype is stupid. I mean he hasn't done shit for Alianza. What are you guys' thoughts I'm guessing most of you think he's god or something.;)

2. AL#7

AL#7 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    *why am I thinking of somebody in particular*:D

The kid is starting to make trouble, although is still a bit early to predict, IMO. But no doubt, if he continues down this road, making headlines in sections of the newspaper where he should not be, then this can certainly be a new Waldir or Kukin. The move to Holland is a good thing, his potential might be unleashed there.

He certainly has the talent, but in some cases, that is not enough. The ball is though, still on his side of the pitch, its up to him to rediscover himself.

about the size, there are plenty of peruvian footballers who are also short or even shorter.

3. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    I still think he'll be an NT-caliber player.

After all, no other Peruvian youth in decades has shown what he showed during 2006-07. All that talent isn't just going to evaporate.

4. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    True. What is he, 1.72-1.74 m?

Aguero, Tevez, Messi, Fabregas, Owen, Rooney, Joe Cole are all in that range.

5. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    He will get the most strict dutch trainer after Rinus "The General" Michels. Might be good for him, he will not tolerate misbehaviour.

And you can be a great player with those incidents, I only need to say Romario..

6. Navimaster

Navimaster Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    In my own opinion, Manco has enough talent to become a world-known player ...if he stays focused on football, that is. If he continues down the "I am the best" attitude, we know what will happen (we've seen it), he'll just go down the drain. But if he rediscovers himself in PSV and is trained (not only physically but mentally) over there, then yes, I think he will be a very useful player for Peru in the upcoming years.

And I think we've seen a change in Manco in some way, he is 17 but for his age he is very open to receive any advice and know when he has done wrong, until now he has always said "I'm sorry" for his errors, so that is a good sign.

Like Dominican Lou said, "no other Peruvian youth in decades has shown what he showed during 2006-07. All that talent isn't just going to evaporate."

Good luck Manco, use your skill well and unleash that Peruvian futbol! :D

7. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    manco is gonna be useful for sure. hes not gonna live up to the hype we put him up to when he was in the U-17 WC. hes not gonna be the next cubillas like cubillas himself said. i'm pretty sure he will be solano pt.2. both in "la sele" and club.

8. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    And that guy is only 17, most of the talented players make their debut when they are 20/21... He has an advantage of 3/4 years on them..

9. Guerrero9

Guerrero9 New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Palacio de Gobierno
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Some people have said he is of a similar level as Lulinha (who's regarded as one of the next wonderkids) but I dunno. In Brasil Lulinha would be just another of bunch of very good players coming through the system and so he doesnt have to deal with too much hype. In Peru they seem to be hyping Manco up so he's gona have to stay level headed. Im glad he's going to PSV though, PSV is the school of football.

10. Guti™

Guti™ Moderator

Mar 6, 2005
    La Victoria
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Grande Duarte!

http://www.elbocon.com.pe/Alianza Lima_desarrollo.php?nota_id=25923&nota_seccion=

11. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    I really don't understand what people want from him.

How is he arrogant or conceited exactly?

He has a going-away party, invites all of the people that he's grown up with and looked up to, sticks up for them when they get in trouble, and is called a "soberbio" because of it? The fuk's going on?

12. ROMERO879

ROMERO879 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  13. AL#7

AL#7 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Provechoooooooo 'Rei'

la bitch sale a cada rato ahora a fregar, se ha hecho famosa, le resulto la jugada. Ta rica la huevona, buen 'warm-up' jajajaja

14. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    de acuerdo

15. Peruvian_6663

Peruvian_6663 Member+

May 28, 2005
    In my House
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ok , how many of you looked up to jayo waldir or santiago something, (i forgot his name)

16. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Who was it that got pissed because a youth Alianza player showed his skills? :rolleyes:

17. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    I don't think anyone here has trained, played, traveled and hung out with the Alianza players for several years the way Manco has.

18. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    About 5 years ago Pepe Foto almost kicked Viza's ass cuz he juked the shit out of him in practice.

They caught it on film and showed it in the news and everything. It was great :D

19. Peruvian_6663

Peruvian_6663 Member+

May 28, 2005
    In my House
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    so you just look up to them? if you look up to waldir , then I dont think your' aiming to high

20. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Lo unico que queda esperar es que en Holanda finalmente se baje de esa nube en la que esta. Desde que se hizo conocido se ha cansado de hablar huevada tras huevada... cada vez que lo veo en TV declarando me dan ganas de taparme los oidos o cambiar de canal.

Esa personalidad es dificil que la vaya a cambiar, el chibolo es soberbio y se computa la cagada... solo tiene que seguir demostrando en las canchas que esa sobradera tiene su correlato en un buen juego.

Una cosa no es incompatible con la otra, no todos los grandes jugadores son humildes. Ejemplos sobran. Pero ya es hora de que empiece a demostrar en la canch mas que los chispazos que hasta ahora ha dado en el nivel de mayores.

Peru lo necesita

21. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    en mi humilde opinion manco NO PASA NO PASA