PBP: Manchester United v FC Barcelona | UEFA Champions League Quarterfinal - 1st Leg | 10 April 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 8, 2019.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good clear from Pique .

2. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I feel like Messi was tying his shoes to size up the hole in the bottom of the wall he was going to shoot through. Sneaky bastard.

ShortyMac repped this.
  3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Game changed since Roberto came on...

Not that Man Utd were dominating the whole game before. Zero shots on target for them.

inswinger, ShortyMac and Gacm32 repped this.
  4. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT: 0-1.

Tough CL away game. Vital away goal. Not counting chickens yet.

5. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    full time manu 0-1 barca. finally we overcome away knock out match. let's settle everything on camp nou

6. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'll take this result. ManU have to come to our house needing at least a goal. It'll be an open match, which favors us.

2in10 and ShortyMac repped this.
  7. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
  8. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Well, like I said earlier, ManU won't be a walk in the park, though it doesn't help that we weren't that good either today. Thank goodness they have Ashley Young in their team, he's just tosh. Could have easily ended 1-1 though if not for that terrible open header they missed. Messi was marked by 3 players for most of the game, he had a tough time out there, still made the difference. 1-0 is a tricky scoreline, but I'm confident we'll seal the deal at home.

9. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    hope dembele will be healthy in second leg

10. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great result, awful officiating, but nothing I didn't expect from Uefadrid, making ties more even.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Only if we have either Malcom or Dembele out there. Counter is really non-existent without pace.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nah, they lost 0-2 at home to PSG and still parked the bus in the second leg in Paris.

I don't expect the tactics to change much. But we could be more dangerous if Dembele is healthy.

13. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    they were incredibly luck in paris. buffon gave them a goal and a penalty in dying minute. But they will not be in paris, its camp nou

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    But that was with many players missing. I think they will take the good stretches they had today as a confidence builder.

15. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Valverde is such a coward! Craperto? In midfield? There is not enough in this team to win CL. They look uninspired and lackluster.

puyol repped this.
  16. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #116 Leon12, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    We can take confidence from the fact we didn't play well, won 0-1 away from home and stopped them from having a single effort on target, that on the back of beating Atletico, which clearly took a lot out of the players. All in all a great week.

evil_allan, ShortyMac, 2in10 and 3 others repped this.
  17. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Crapbusquest in midfield too, do you think?

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Doubt it. Look how they approached the game that just ended. 33% possession, 0 shots on target. And that was at home! Yet they still had chances to score and played in a manner that maximized their chances for success, so I'd expect more of the same.

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Eh ... unfortunately I've seen this story before. There are matchups that this team's lack of intensity becomes a big liability. An in form Liverpool could really shred us. Just hoping Dembele can come back and add something, because apparently Coutinho will play over Malcom unless he gets injured .

ilovefotball repped this.
  20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They didn't sit back after they went down 1 x 0. They got tired at the end which helped shift the possession stat back. 0 shots on target just means they lack quality up front. But on a lucky day they could snatch a goal or two.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Some people saw the game differently:

"
    Busquets and Rakitic have been outstanding, doing the simple things. It looks so easy, but they do it so well - it is incredible to watch.

United have been outclassed. They had spells, but no sustained spells of chance after chance - Barca have not allowed them.

" - Dion Dublin, Ex-United striker on BBC Radio 5 Live

---
    Replace Busquets with Arthur and the above statement rings alot more true to me, but I don't think that was simply a mistake. :coffee:

22. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Dembele must return. Coutinho is just hopeless.

23. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Pique has 9 clearances this game, most by any defender in ucl this season. that is pretty much reason

24. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Tonight he was utter crap compared to before but he's untouchable as he has delivered quality before Craperto has done jack shit, he's just a nuisance.

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We need Dembele without a doubt, his pace and skill are vital , but without getting carried away we are in a good position , league is wrapped up, in final of CDR and with good chance of CL semi, we shouldn't complain too much. The thing that hurts is that we have no back up for Suarez, so no attacking alternatives, unless you count putting Pique upfront.

evil_allan and Ozora repped this.