Pre-match: Manchester City Yankees v. D.C. United

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DecadeOfDCU26, Mar 9, 2017.

1. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I know what you're thinking of--was it when one of the subs came on? I had the exact same experience.

2. QuietSide

QuietSide Member

Oct 18, 2002
    I can't find it now but I could have sworn I read a report (I thought it was by Goff) saying Kamara was going to Richmond on a full season loan and that others (Durkin, Klenofsky, Odoi-Atsem, Tissot, others?) would split time between DC and Richmond...

3. QuietSide

QuietSide Member

Oct 18, 2002
    I don't remember exactly. I think maybe it was Jeffrey. It was just a close up shot - like maybe a head shot from the crest up and the sun hit on the stars or something and they just reflected or just really stood out. My eye was just drawn to the stars and the first thought that went through my head was damn straight we've got 4, what do you have NYCFC, nothing. And then I quickly got depressed as I thought about how far we've fallen...

bigredfutbol and Winoman repped this.
  4. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Le Toux, Ortiz or Neagle could fit that second-forward slot. That field cried out for a diamond, IMO. If we didn't see it yesterday, we probably won't see it going forward. Maybe that's for the best, given we're still in preseason. Let's get this formation down, eh?:D

GlennAA11 and Winoman repped this.
  5. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And they let Tommy McNamara go in the expansion draft while protecting Chris Pontius. Go figure that.

Boloni86 repped this.
  6. Murr

Murr Member+

Apr 14, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    DC United
    Tommy McNamara was coming off that horrible knee surgery. I was more mad we protected Arnauld over T. McNamara tbh

Boloni86 repped this.
  7. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I was thinking this as well - that they should try Ortiz in the Acosta spot while he's out hurt.

8. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Ortiz wanted the ball booted him long all the time. He was never willing to come back or run to the side to show for the ball.

He's not the droid you're looking for.

GumbyG and shawn12011 repped this.
  9. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

10. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't realize Bobby Boswell and Jeff Agoos played together!