Manager on trial: Shin Taeyong edition

Discussion in 'Korea' started by killaorca, Jun 2, 2018.

?

Should we sack him? The prayer to KNT god.

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. Wait

9 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    im quite content with what we have at the moment. korea is terrible but at least they arent senileike-terrible and they sure as hell arent 2014-terrible. korea wasnt even enough supposed to be in this world cup. hopefully we some more positive changes in the next world cup cycle

Ice cube and skim172 repped this.
  2. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    thats a refreshing perspective after all of the negativity haha
    i just feel bad for guys like SHM, mo salah or alaba who play for shit nations.

3. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Every time I get angry at STY, I remind myself that it could be worse. The KFA could have kept UlShit, and he would be managing us in the WC or worse, we wouldn't have been in the world cup.

4. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    I can't believe someone actually wants Stielike back. Comparing Stielike and STY is like comparing a toad to a frog - you probably don't want to kiss either. I'm not happy that we've got a frog as a romantic partner, but I'm not going back to that toad, either.

We'll just keep on kissing this frog until Russia '18 is over, and keep hoping that he turns into a prince - although it's much more probable that we'll contract salmonella from oral contact with an amphibian and shit ourselves and die.

But that would've happened with the toad, too.

chook90, Seol Korea, jessypjs and 5 others repped this.
  5. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Stielike is way better than STY, and that's because Stielike would've at least called up our best players and would not be messing around with a back 3

6. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    found JSR's burner account and ofc he'd have his actual face as his avatar

7. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LMAOOO this is one of the best things i've seen on BSK in a looong time

8. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    He wouldn't. Remember his unconditioning love to Lee Jung Hyeob? Or that he used Cho Young Chul instead of Lee Jae Sung? His obsession with Nam Tae Hee (while constantly ignoring Kim Bo Kyung who was on fire for Jeonbuk)? Also, he used Kim Ki Hee and Jang Hyun Soo. Not big of a difference to Jung Seung Hyun / Jang Hyun Soo. Stielike might be the better manager maybe, but not in terms of squad selection. He is the worst.

Seol Korea, Ice cube and Hodori repped this.
  9. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Not even close tbh. He didn't use Cho YC that often.. disappeared after Asian Cup.. at the same time, it was Shin TY who brought him back from the dead as interim manager.

On Kimbo, Shin TY flat out ignored him while testing him out as defensive mid in 3-4-3 once (for 28 mins). Shin TY also used Kim KH, Kim JY and so forth. At least Stielike wasn't crazy enough to use Jang HS as the key defensive CB nor had an obsession over Lee DG & Kim SW. Lee JH, in Stielike's defense.. at least had a good Asian Cup.

10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Can we stop with this UliShit nonsense? The dotard set us back 3+ years and liquefied our squad chemistry and morale.

Seol Korea and aeh1991 repped this.
  11. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Had Uli kept his job until the end of qualifier, we would not even book our ticket to Russia in the first place, period.

12. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    STY is garbage. But Uli was worse.

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Disagree, especially when you consider Korea won all WCQ games at home under Uli. Instead of a draw against Iran (one of the worst game I have watched.. 0 shot on target against 10 men Iran is absolute garbage), who had nothing to play for... Korea could have sealed qualification vs Iran instead of few days later against Uzbeks.

14. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion
    Would Stielike have picked JDW and SHJ over MSM and KSW? I think so.

15. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    I'm not looking at this thread anymore.

I am feeling very emotionally vulnerable right now bc of STY and all this Uli talk this is basically the equivalent of flipping through old photos and notes from an ex gf that treated me like shite, would hit me in the face for no reason, cheat on me, and call me names, yet here I am thinking "I mean...she wasn't so bad..she at least would make me breakfast sometimes."

jessypjs, chook90, Seol Korea and 4 others repped this.
  16. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    False. Uli would have deployes freaking KYK-JHS CB duo, resulting in conceding few goals against Iran and Uzbekistan.

17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #67 takeuchi, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Shin TY started Kim YG & Jang HS in both games :coffee:

edit - under Uli, Korea did not progress from 2014 WC (played pretty much the same too). Asian Cup just gave false hope.. could argue Korea wasted 3 yrs under him but he didn't set the team backwards like Choi KH. He started his job in Oct & his initial rosters were based on group of players Shin TY called up as interim manager.

with Shin TY.. he is basically winging it imo. just a chaotic mess with nothing to lose.

18. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Actually Kim Min-jae started those games.

Cool if you still think Uli should have stayed because I am not convinced anyway.

19. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    People who supported Stielike just can't seem to let it go. Just remember that everything progressively got worse under him the longer he managed. Regardless of what you think about STY, Stielike was complete shit and debating who was worse than him is just pointless.

It seems like Stielike's old supporters are still waiting for that moment to come out and say "See I told you!" No one cares. Nothing will ever redeem the trainwreck that was his time with us.

20. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Pure honesty: 3 dignified losses and I'll be happy.

21. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Apologies for what may read like a snarky comment, but:

You sure about these points?

Sounds like something we've all said last cycle.

22. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What Choi Yong-su has recently said

Ceezy repped this.
  23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The RFEF have officially gone mad, all because they didn't like Lopetegui's attitude, sounds awfully like the KFA. FFS Spain were 20 matches undefeated under his tenure, I highly doubt Hierro will do any better.

@chook90, Where you at man? you should be on top of this.

killaorca repped this.
  24. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I suggested Lopetegui before he became Spain gaffer. But I can't do it again since he already accepted the position of Real Madrid head coach.

:(

Seol Korea repped this.
  25. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    @Seol Korea

Let's go South America this time and approach Reynaldo (correction: Reinaldo) Rueda

EDIT: NVM, Chile national team already appointed him.

aeh1991 repped this.