Man U v Everton, 9/11/10 [R] pre, in, post.

Discussion in 'Everton' started by spider_kin, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All season long? You mean the 3 other games we've played?

2. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wet dream good finish right there, except it ended a bit too soon.

3. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Does that not count as all season then?

4. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's still very early days, otherwise you may as well relegate us now...:confused:

5. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Dont really get your point. Jag has been shocking in the previous 3 games and was slightly better today but was made to look better by his partner who had a poor game. The fact Distin has carried Jags since he came back from injury seems to have been forgotten very quickly

6. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think that jags doesn't get Distin and that is why he is looking worse. I feel like he's being hung out to dry because of Distin, but Jags comes off looking worse. I want to see Jags/Heitinga partnership. Jags is getting back to his better form and would love to see more of that...

Howard was his usual fast-reflex-kickin' self

Really miffed at Moyes' 4-6-0 but then Timmy C played striker for a lot of last season and it went well. That extra bulldog, i mean player, in midfield really helped us :D Heitinga is fast becoming one of my favs... his shoulder into that manure player... like "oops". Right. you meant to do that. a big "lay the ******** off our guys asshole" :)

Barely recovered from Tiny doing what he does (which you could see their defense knew it... Gary Neville was desparate to cover him!) before Mikky slotted home.

Kind of disappointed though. We played some really great looking fast, to-feet ball. and yet those fast break aways just caught us out. We can hold our own with these "big clubs". There's just something that has to change... one tiny detail. a thought in their heads, one player, a tactic... i don't know... Maybe this will spur them on, ignite them to play this way and better each week.

Anyway. I followed up the game with the call on the BBC Sportstalk. Hopefully I didn't sound too ridiculous. They are very fast paced! And I didn't start shaking from nerves till after I'd hung up!!! Bonus! ;)

7. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    What you mean he doesnt get Distin?

As for the rest its complete rubbish, Jag has absolutely stunk since his return

8. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i mean that he doesn't know what Distin is going to do, he doesn't know where Distin is going to go. they don't communicate or something... and as for our opinions of Jags, we're both allowed our own.

9. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Jags did look better today but probably because of Distin's horror show.
    He did make a lot of good tackles though when it looked like Distin got skinned again, if not, it might have been worse.
    As for Hibbo, he actually does look better, but when Coleman and Yak came on, we just looked better.

10. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. hehe

hehe New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    start coleman every game

12. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Played with him often enough, if he doesnt know him by now thats Jag problem

13. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Coleman did absolutely nothing, cant understand were your coming from on that. Agree on the Yak though