Make Up a Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by sportscrazed2, Feb 20, 2018.

1. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll start. Johny Depp is a pirate captain marooned on Jurassic Park.

bunge repped this.
  2. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    An 11-year-old boy's amazing ability to break wind leads him first to fame and then to death row, before it helps him to fulfill his ambition of becoming an astronaut................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................dammit someone already thought of this one.

3. Redmaynard

Redmaynard Member

May 20, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An evil space alien from the planet Haupzor descends on the city of Chicago with the intention of dismantling it by destroying one sports team at a time until there is nothing left.

scottw1055 repped this.
  4. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds scary. Does will smith kill it and say "welcome to earth"?

5. Redmaynard

Redmaynard Member

May 20, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hadn't thought that far ahead. The Fire fan base would rise up against the HaupBeast and defeat it. I suppose Will Smith could be that guy.

6. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Jim Belushi

7. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    It was college. I needed the money.

8. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I've been contemplating writing a screenplay for a while. The plot runs sort of like a chick flick, but my plan would be for the cinematography to elevate it to being more of an art film. Basically, if I had all the budget in the world, it'd be focused as a love letter to the City of Chicago; thematically, not plot-wise. Because everyone LOVES New York for some reason, I want my city to get some more love in film than it's seen in a while. Although, I wouldn't just have it focus on the cinematography, I want to make sure the plot is still there and has some stark differences to other rom-coms, I guess. Just, something different. I wrote some scenes for a playwriting class my junior year of high school, but I still haven't figured out a whole motivation and structure yet. Haven't looked into working on it in a year or so and the idea is kind of on hold until after I finish with my other "art project".

Oh, you guys wanted a joke answer. How about a kid with superpowered farts?
    That'd make at least enough to buy an MLS team.

9. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    So you want to make The Blues Brothers.

New York is the EPL of cities.

GHjelm and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  10. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Stolen from a random and completely unrelated tweet tonight:

“Horror Movie Idea: Racist whites get trapped inside a black history museum that comes alive.”

harrylee773, skinut and GHjelm repped this.
  11. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Uberman - It's a story about an Uber driver who unwittingly drives a getaway car for thieves who inadvertently leave a Pulp Fiction type briefcase in his car. Starring Rob Schneider.

12. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    or About Last Night

13. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    rated PG-13

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  14. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The OC Patient - An attractive and popular teenager who is mean-spirited toward others finds herself in the badly burned body of an Iraq war veteran and must find a way to get back to her original body, as young nurse tends to his/her injuries. Starring Rob Schneider. Rated PG-13.

loonixxx and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  15. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "Well, at this point, we don't know."

16. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jurassic Mark. A con-man played by Nicholas Cage, convinces Costa Rican tourists to part with their money to visit an island with real dinosaurs.

17. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #17 LocoGueroFutobolista, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Upton Sinclair's 'The Jungle,' set in a modern-day slaughterhouse. Best jobs that I ever had, best people that I ever worked with. I worked alongside people from Mali, Mexico, Morocco, Croatia, and Serbia. Everyone but the Slavs thought that I was also an immigrant, and kept telling me that it was safe for me to admit where I was really from LOL
    AFAIK, the only film based upon the book that was ever made was a silent one, and no print survives.

18. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This actually sounds decent. As a comedy, drama, or action flick, the premise sounds cool. A problem, though, would be the obvious comparison to Taxi Driver.
    The main character could be an un-/under- employed, underpaid lib arts graduate trying to survive in the big city while re-paying his student loans.

19. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    #19 HerthaBerwyn, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Its called 'About Last Night' Check it out and youll know Chicago in the early '80s.

---Here is one---

An evil entrepreneur with a shady past buys an emerging team in an emerging sports league. It soon becomes clear the new owner is a social Lamprey, seeking only to sap the vitality of the entire operation. One day, he is murdered on the pitch by the teams plush dog mascot. After the shock subsides the hunt for the mascot, who has scampered off in the confusion, begins. The police quickly locate the hired pantomime actor tied up and gagged in the mascot dressing room. Who was in the costume?? Was it the shotgun obsessed red haired scion of the supporters group? Was it the Canadian billionaire upset at his daughters taste in men? Was it an injured player denied a settlement? The ex-mayor of a debt riddled small town? Everyone is a suspect.

GHjelm, LIZZIE and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  20. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Dora the Explorer: an Erotic Journey into the Mind. Starring Morena Baccarin

21. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the topic of get away drivers, Baby Driver. Will Ferrell is a Hogwarts graduate working as a getaway driver. In a pinch he can transfigure into a baby

22. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The Impossible Dream.
    A movie with Will Ferrell that does not suck everything bad in the world and throw Seth Rogan in it as well. The two of them are just f*cking awful.

They should go to the island of the terminally unfunny.

23. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So like, this CIA agent discovers that someone he's been surveilling has the best singing voice he's ever heard (the dude sings in the shower), and since he's inconsequential to the investigation (not a supercriminal or anything - just an innocent mark), he tries to find a way to get him noticed by the music industry without revealing how he discovered his magnificent singing voice. And fell in love.

Don't have a title for it yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll be a hit.

Der Stich, GHjelm and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  24. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I mean... I probably wouldn't change the channel.

harrylee773 repped this.
  25. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dwayne Johnson is a manager at a Cold Stone creamery with Stone Cold Steve Austin

Jiggly_333, harrylee773 and skinut repped this.