Major League Soccer Magazine: Careful of being ripped off

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Andy_B, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like I am not the only one to get caught in this and there does not seem to be any recourse that I can find.

Major League Soccer magazine, which got rebranded I think as Soccer Magazine, automatically renewed my subscription and with drew money from Palpay.

I talked to Paypal but they said there was nothing they could do. In many emails shared with the magazine, they keep promising to send the "check in the mail" but its quite obvious they are lieing.

If you have a subscription to this magazine and do not want to get automatically resubscribed by these crooks, please double check your Paypal setting in regards to this subscription.

Has anyone had this situation and been able to rectify it? In doing a search of Big Soccer it seems like this con has snared quite a few members.

2. jokeefe80

jokeefe80 Red Card

Oct 31, 2005
    Boston, Ma
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you deserve it for getting a magazine subscription in the first place. no one reads those anymore.

3. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fyp.

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has there even been a new issue of The Soccer Magazine since its April 2009 issue with Kasey Keller and Hope Solo on the cover? :confused:

-G

5. pupusa3000

pupusa3000 Member

May 15, 2001
    East Bay Area
    American soccer magazines can be shady. I remember I subscribed to Striker and after 2 issues sent, the magazine failed and seemed to have kept the rest of my money. They were supposed to publish 8 issues or something (I can't remember).

6. john moutter

john moutter New Member

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    there is no problem with the soccer magazine there has been one or two people who are using their inadequacies to try and knock the publication if you go to www.socceregg.com you can see it online and anyone who needs a copy and has had problems with subscriptions can go to billing@soccermediausa.com and they will send out the copy to them
    problem these days everyone want to find fault and not good and this is the best soccer magazine out there by a mile check out the website as well it is awesome

7. john moutter

john moutter New Member

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    once again there has been bad sorts of people who tried to claim incorrect things about soccer magazine if there is a problem with the subscription go to billing @soccermediausa.com and they will arrange copies immediately i know this as i have seen the magazine and online it is awesome at www.socceregg.com

8. john moutter

john moutter New Member

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  9. Blades666

Blades666 New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    course ya seen it you got tha same last name as the the other moutter who posted here before n worked for tha magazien

Don't try an candy coat things cause the Better Business Bureau confirms they got lots ah complaints bout not getting it mailed.

10. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Damn, how many threads are you going to bump?

11. john moutter

john moutter New Member

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    once again you seem to want to hide behind a unquoted name and use blades 66 what are you a sheffield utd fan ,and the better business bureau has nothing of the sort we have been asked on many occasions to join so once again your facts are misleading and incorrect
    stop being this way and praise the mls and soccer establishment we are all doing our best to promote the beautiful game why cant you do the same

12. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The mag sucks. Sucks balls

13. john moutter

john moutter New Member

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    none just sticking to facts and not innuendo

14. john moutter

john moutter New Member

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not sure whose balls you want to suck but everyone to their own , shame if that is what you like

15. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    You're the son of the publisher who is currently hiding out in England in an attempt to avoid being brought to court in a class action lawsuit.

Why should anyone believe you?

16. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    And in that light I'm not interested in giving him the forum.