Magic Vs Sockers Fc

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by beautifulgame11, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    NOW THIS COULD GET INTERESTING!!!

Seems all Magic teams have been frozen OUT of the Sockers FC Nike Classic on April 27-28!!!

Went to check out who my kid would be playing only to find out - lo and behold.... nobody!!!

Looks like we'll get to sneak in a couple Mexican league games this Spring after all. WOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!! I am truly shocked (if you couldn't tell).

2. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Yep, I heard that this weekend. Sockers parents are not pleased.

3. beautifulgame11

beautifulgame11 New Member

May 16, 2005
    Why are Sockers parents not pleased by this? I would think they would be happy that the Magic were not accepted.

4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    What a strange comment.

5. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    How is that a strange comment. I am sure some parents would be happy that the Magic were not accepted. Why don't you just explain what you meant by your original comment.:confused:

6. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    you want to play the good teams. Period. Remember parents and players are not a part of the boardroom shenanigans that the administrators of the two clubs get into.

7. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Ah, lets win by playing all the easy teams. Hooray, we won the trophy.
    To be the best, you have to play the best. And that means loosing at times along the way. Gosh, I hope Pizazz and Magic Girls dont play State Cup!

8. rodneyJ

rodneyJ New Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Lexington
    Wind killed us last weekend at a tournament. They were better at finishing this time than they were at Javanon. Wind's weakness is their full backs, especially the wing backs were pretty bad. I think the sockers will score at will against them. Their stopper was very slow too.

9. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Why are the Magic teams not at the Sockers tournament and vice-versa???????

Perhaps the DOC's of the respective clubs might post the real reasons here? If nothing else it'll be interesting to see the rationale behind the feud.

In my opinion Illinois needs a two tier system,clubs with less than 5 teams have their own league and state cup and large superclubs can have their own state cup and league.

The winner of D1 can meet the winner of D2 for the right to go on to regionals

10. Arniesoccer

Arniesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2006
    All coaches should be using psychology to get ths best out of the players. Screaming and shouting is not the best way.
    You only scream and shout to get a message to a player if the crowd is making so much noise he/she can't hear you.

I am new to coaching but I have had successes. My philosophy has been supported by a company called Proactive soccer. This English guy has changed the way I coach. He is even giving away free caps now!
    Check it out in your browser.
    He seems to have an amazing background in the english coaching scene.

As for USA soccer I think another few years till we win the World Cup

Arnie

11. SeenALot2

SeenALot2 New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Arnie, why do all of your posts on this site mention the same company. Quit with the spam. I am sure they would sell you the ad space, you don't have to keep stealing it.

12. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    Anyway...

State Cup time is almost here!! So I would assume both clubs are slowly starting to round their teams into form for the big part of the season!

MRL games are also, in full force. How are these two clubs looking in terms of automatic births?

With the births coming out of MRL and State Cup now, the dynamics of both competitions are very interesting...

13. justakid

justakid Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Away Arnie !

14. JMPN Dad

JMPN Dad New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    New Lenox
    Magic U17 and U15 advance to Regionals via the Midwest Regional League.

15. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Heard that CRSA (Iowa) advance to Regionals as well in the U17 Bracket. Went 7-0-1 with the draw against #1 national ranked Magic. ???They are the Iowa State Cup Champs.

16. esther15

esther15 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    SOCKERS PARENT?? YOU GUYS HAVE SOME RIVALRY GOING ON. OBviously CRSA advances because theywoen State I do not think IL has had state yet. But you sir certainly do not like magic, a little too obvious.

17. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Esther, I respect Magic, have nothing against them! I dont even have a son that plays socr. But yea, an Iowa State Cup team -v- the #1 ranked team in the nation, and they get a draw. That is some what big news over west of the Mississippi hearing about that. Going 7-0-1 in Midwest Regional, just proves they can play and it wasnt a fluke. Its hard for you to say that isnt it?? 4 Region II players and 1 National player on that team. And the National player is a U15.

18. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    In State Cup news, Wind U12s bowed out 0-0 on PKs. Surf Cup finalists, but only as far as the second round of Illinois State Cup.

The usual story of small, skilled, quick teams starting about spring of the U12 year -- control the possession, but can't score, foiled by stronger, faster, tougher opponents who have learned how to team defense. It only gets worse from here for the wee ones, fellas. The junior high school years are the Big Men years. (The winning U13 teams illustrate the principle well.) Fair play to the victors Schaumburg, who had their moments offensively too.

Magic U14 II, last year's Cup finalists, bowed out in the first round to Eclipse, on PKs after a 1-1 draw. From what I understand, much the same fate as the Wind -- Magic had all the ball, but only 50% of the goals due to difficulty of penetrating in the final 30 yards. Probably the biggest win yet for the young Eclipse boys program.

19. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Good post as usual John and point well taken as to small technically skilled players at U-12 succumbing to the physical skill of the bigger athletes in their age group.My lad fits the small technical player description and next year he is switching teams to be around long time friends,the interesting thing is that for once he will be surrounded by very big players and I'll be interested to see if he flourishes with the physical protection around him.

I feel for the Wind U-12 team but now the stage is set for Ajax/Schaumberg final.
    The Eclipse program is definitely coming along on the boys side and Tom Zec has the Magic style program in place and in a few years the Magic will wish they had retained his services.

20. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Hmmm Best of the Midwest offering free entry fees for latecomers to make up the numbers at their tournament(not sure if that's a good idea or not)........Below is taken from their website....Good deal.....still an excellent tournament with outstanding fields and parents who put in a lot of hours to make the whole thing work....

Schedules are Posted & Teams Needed for Upcoming Tournament (Free Entry Fee)

05/19/2006 -- We are still looking for one team in each of the following ages for the 2006 Spring Best of the Midwest: U8 Girls, U10 Girls, U11 Boys and U17 Boys . If interested please contact John Hannan at (815) 469-1741 x 5 or hannan@chicagomagic.net as soon as possible

21. JMPN Dad

JMPN Dad New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    New Lenox
    Easy. A free spot to one team in each of these age groups U8 Girls, U 10 Girls, U11 Boys and U 17 Boys. So four free spots. Tournament has more teams than last year. I know you are in a bad mood because of Arsenal losing, but come on now. ;)

22. JMPN Dad

JMPN Dad New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    New Lenox
    Which incidentally, the spots have been paid for by the teams dropping out at the last minute for whatever reason. You are right though, good tourney, great deal for these four teams and LOT AND LOTS of work.

Didn't see you at State Cup today...

23. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Yo Jmpn Dad:
    Thanks for clarification on BOMW Fees,I thought for a sec that you hadn't got enough participants!
    We took an early exit last week at the hands of the Galaxy,(on the bright side I save gas money and convert into beer money :) )
    You are correct about Arsenal,I still want to smack the first Norwegian I see on principle alone....
    However am happier since hearing that Henry is signed up until 2010.
    How are the 15's looking this year?

24. Romario94

Romario94 New Member

May 23, 2006
    Chicago
    What happened to your boy Zec. Saw Eclipse lost to Magic North U12. Maybe he should have left his dogs at home and concentrated more on preparing the Eclipse boys for the match.

25. Bird1812

Bird1812 New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Don't you just love it when people make statement like this about U12 soccer?