Madrid's Highest Goal Scorer - The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That wast he same look when he just stood there for like 5 mins waiting to take the PK vs Juventus.

Excape Goat repped this.
  2. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    They claim Messi is superior because of his skills, penetration and play making. But physical skills are only one part of the discussion. Mental aspect is as important if not more so. CR7 dominates Messi in the mental aspect of the game.

9Qui, iggymcfly, Lyra and 2 others repped this.
  3. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Easily. Furthermore, Ronaldo has a very direct "I want to win" attitude. I appreciate they don't play in the same positions, Messi is more of a playmaker I think it's fair to say, but the two games were telling; Ronaldo was breaking his neck trying to get into scoring positions, rattle the Spanish defence, win fouls and drive the team forward.

(Can't remember who it was, but the Portuguese player who screwed up the chance Ronaldo gave to him, I strongly believe he missed because he was so nervous about screwing up a Ronaldo assist. That's how much Ronaldo's presence is felt and respected).

Messi on the other hand tries to do everything with his skill but has no drive. Physical and mental midget.

S1na and Excape Goat repped this.
  4. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    What? :confused:

5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo always silenced his critics. "Ronaldo can't do this...." he usually answered that with his performance. The biggest question mark left in his career was a performance at a WC Finals. Prior to the game vs Spain, he had three goals. Now, he has 6.... he should score more against Iran and Morocco.

Look at that speed.

6. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Uhhh you honestly don't believe that Ronaldo went 40km a hour right? Very naive. Bolts top speed is 44.72 and he only has to focus on 100M. Halfway a game, wasted energy and he almost matches the top of an sprinter athlete? nahhh no way.

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    His top speed on that sprint was 34km/h. Still impressive . They had it on reddit > fifa official post game stats.

ABB94, Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.
  8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @Eddie will never change his avatar though. He'll keep that for life hahaha.

CR7PT, Eddie and Lyra repped this.
  9. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Working some retail over the summer and congratulated a fella wearing a Mexico jersey. We soon got to speaking about the WC.

He blankly told me that Nacho didn't foul Ronaldo. The salt warps reality.

Shay Z and CR7PT repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo definitely milked that contact, even though i agree that you could probably give that penalty. We've seen him get nothing for the same collision over and over in Spain.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The difference in mentality could be that Ronaldo was doubted and hated on for his entire career, while Messi has been getting his feet kissed even when he quit on his country.

Romanero, ABB94, Ahmadi8 and 4 others repped this.
  12. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh yeah, this is staying. I still find it hilarious :D.

14. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I wish i had this competitiveness
    I usually just quit and take a nap

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Evra:

"I would give advice to anybody, when Cristiano invites you for lunch at his house, just say no.

"He said: 'Patrice, come over after training'. I went [and] you know I was really tired. At the table there was only salad and plain white chicken so I was like 'okay...', and water, not any juice.

"We started eating and I was thinking some big meat would be coming after that but there was nothing. He had just finished and he stood up and he started playing with a ball, doing some skills and he said: 'Let's do some two touch'.

"I was like 'can I just finish eating?' [Ronaldo replied] 'No, no let's play two-touch'.

"We start playing two touch. After that he said let's go to the pool to swim, I was like 'okay...' after going in the jacuzzi, the sauna, I'm done. I said: 'Cristiano why have we come here, have we come here because we have a game tomorrow, or just for lunch?'.

"So that's why I would recommend to anyone when Cristiano invite you to his house, don't go. Just say no because this guy, he's a machine, he doesn't want to stop training."

Romanero, Kroosinator, PigBenis and 8 others repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Meh, that's my eating (meal prep) for weekdays.

Salad
    Baked/Grilled chicken (no flavoring)
    Bulger wheat

Weekends I get to cheat.

17. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Today I had

Full English breakfast consisting of: 3 sausages, 4 bacon, 3 scrambled eggs, beans and 2 slices of fried toast.

Lunch: KFC Fillet box meal and 4 hot wings.

Dinner was a Nandos consisting of: chicken thighs meal with peri chips and garlic bread, haloumi cheese, 3 hot wings and two perinaises.

Stick toffee pudding for dessert.

I don't regret a thing...

arcane, kelvinphr, Horsehead and 9 others repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Congratulations on being fat?

Different strokes for different folks. I take great care of my body for health and personal reasons.

19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Fat is the new healthy. Haven`t you heard?

p.s: what do you mean no flavoring? No seasoning?

20. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Having a large lunch from time to time won't kill you though.

He never said he eats that every days.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Seriously. Then they go to the doctor and... oh no!

I got an ex-teammate who was a WR. Dude looks 300 pounds now. Between kids and not having shit to do.... he just ate and ate and ate.

Yeah nothing. The most I will do is get the Tyson fajita frozen chicken strips if I desperate for flavor. Snack on unsalted almonds, dried cranberries, etc..

Every once in a while I lose it and bing on empty carbs like chips though. It's much harder then my playing "diet".

I like to stay lean year round. During the winter I put on around 5 pounds to bulk, then begin leaning out when spring comes along.

I never said I do either. I cheat weekends. Eat what I want (not three meals a day FFS!).

janos audron repped this.
  22. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You’re a machine.

9Qui and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  23. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #7848 Ayayain, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    [offtopic]

Cooking is a theme I like as the wife, and I cook our own meals every days.

I'd dare to say the quality of ingredients are as important, or even more, than the quantity one eats (of course not gigantic meals, I mean very normal sized meals + of course physical exercice). In France for example, many studies showed that eating a salad that contains phytosanitaire (or even more poisonous) products is more dangerous than eating any other other meals made with ingredients that don't contain those (people don't know, but for example those expensive rice from India that are sold in supermarket are full of poisonous craps that give cancer). And cancers are more prominent among those that use bad ingredients or eat pre-prepared dishes.

And I don't mean fake organic vegetables from Spain or eastern europe (that's just some example, any european countries have crooks that sell those). Because no need to tell me, there are lots of products sold as organic farming, but that contains the same craps. They only sell you those for a higher price.

I don't know how it is in other countries other than mine, and the one of my wife, but good ingredients are rare, and fake good products are everywhere (for example, we have a Sunday market in a city where we live, and many bad people sell organic farmed eggs, while in reality, it's horrible eggs (in Europe, there's a number on the Eggs if they respect the legislation, and from those numbers, you can know which one are from organic farming or not, yet most people don't know, and trust the sellers)).

In my case, we're lucky because we know two farmers that do real organic agriculture, and I buy vegetables, chickens, eggs etc. from them. Yet, they are incredibly rare, as most farmers here are what I would say criminals that sell poison, not food.

[/offtopic]

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I definitely understand your point. I make my own salads, chicken (except when l go for the frozen Tyson lol) and of course boil the bulger wheat. I pretty much make my salad and chicken for the week, put them in individual containers. I boil my bulger wheat daily.

25. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    You an athlete YS?

I just went 7 months having no meat and 10 days having nothing but smoothies. Ending that fast was probably the best day of my life. And I'm married with a child.

Umar, madridista_hr, S1na and 1 other person repped this.