Madrid's Highest Goal Scorer - The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or more the more convenient term "Missi" .

Excape Goat repped this.
  3. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    So still not a particular player you are referring to.
    The thing is you have been saying repeatedly that other choices are not good enough except Neymar and Mbappe, and yet still, you are complaining about us to go with Mayoral.
    So who do you think should we go for now as our new striker?

4. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Last year I wouldn't have sold Mariano so quickly. After selling him I suggested we get Jovetic as another scoring option instead of relying on Mayoral.

The fact you think missing on a major target means you should just go into the season bare is beyond strange.

6. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    At the time i thought it is a good offer for Mariano. We were expecting Mbappe to join though. In hindsight it wasn't wise to lose him when we had not secured Mbappe's transfer. I remember you being a fan of Jovetic. I didn't follow him this season, his numbers don't look promising though.

I don't think like that. I was just wondering who you think we should buy for the next season, as i see you are not impressed with the remaining options we have.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We didn't need to spend big, we just needed another scoring option. If you remember I was adamant we were crazy to put our entire season on Cristiano's form.

For me Jovetic is crafty and knows how to score when motivated. He would have done a fantastic job imo off the bench and it would have been at a low cost.

To be honest, I'm in wait and see mode. We just got two youngsters who have big futures and if we are making one join this summer and the other next, it limits who we can add.

If we can't do Neymar (I believe in @4x4s prophecies!), it will depend on Florentino's WC fetish. I posted in the WC if Hazard has a big WC he may be the guy..... which isn't that great news for us because we don't score consistently.

9Qui and S1na repped this.
  8. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That's the issue. If we are gonna spend huge we should go for Neymar. If we are gonna sign minor options, we don't have much interesting alternatives. But i am content with Raul de Tomas signing. He can work as a temporary solution if he has the mindset to do so.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I know it's reported he did well with Rayo, but do you really think he can be trusted enough here and come through for us?

We need some older fox who is cool being on the bench and can perform with limited time.

We also need to know how Lopetegui vision would be? If he is moving Cristiano to the middle then we don't need this forward.

9Qui repped this.
  10. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #7810 S1na, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Good points.
    Mariano also had only played with Castia before joining the first team last season still he helped. It depends on his mentality. He had a preseason with the first team before Mariano did.

I prefer an experienced one but who? Dzeko is a great footballer but still we have to pay a significant amount for him. Lewa is 100 million euro. Other options are not we are looking for.

This is important too. We might have different tactics which make it possible for midfielders to score more. We know Kroos can score. Ronaldo as a single forward is usually isolated in the course of the game. If Lope can make it work we are fine as you said.

Considering all the facts i am content with RDT for now. We can make a move in January if we were in trouble.

11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Remember that Zidane left because he said we could not win with the players we have... that a change was needed.. I am not sure Lopetegui is that much better than Zidane and turn this squad around making us win almost every game in La liga.

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He never said "we can't win with the players we have". Where did you get that from?

Akramzizou repped this.
  13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    That was my interpretation after watching it live.. he said we need changes immediately after saying I have the sensation that we will not win next year and I dont like to lose.
    He also said his worse moment was the lost against Levante in Copa alluding to having lost faith in the players.

14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He mentioned changes yes, but he never said this:

15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Zidane would never throw the team or players under the bus, he is not Mourihno.

madridista_hr and Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I understood it differently, that he can't motivate the players anymore. Makes sense, success comes in 3 year cycles, and unless you switch things up, complacency starts to sink in. Guardiola and Sacchi's fourth years were their least successful by far for example.

Saeta Rubia, Zidane05 and S1na repped this.
  17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    That is what the quotes was suggesting but after I watched the live press conference I got a totally different interpretation..

18. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    After first round:

Ronaldo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Neymar >>>>>> Messi.

Not bad for the oldest of the three on his way to retirement according to so many people that hate his guts.

19. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  20. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Evra kinda nails it.

Ronaldo thrives when all the pressure is on him. He loves to be the center of the spotlight, he is okay with his teammates sucking donkey balls - he wants to be the hero, etc.

While Messi gets super frustrated when the people around him suck. He doesn't like been on the limelight as much as Ronie.

But player by player Argentina has a way better team than Portugal. Port is literally a one man team.

Shay Z, S1na, temesgen and 2 others repped this.
  21. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I agree that Argentina is stacked up front but their defence is something that gives Argentines nightmares.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You do realize that Argentina dropped points because they couldn't score not because they couldn't defend... right?

I mean all those finals they lost was because they couldn't score. Stop trying to scapegoat others when messi should be taking responsibility.

Ahmadi8, Deep Pal and Excape Goat repped this.
  23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, that stare before the freekick was just beyond classic Ronaldo. Even, a bump from the ref could not break his concentration. He forgot his trademark big deep breath before the kick.

temesgen and Deep Pal repped this.
  24. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He was so focused on that FK that he took 5 or 6. He even changed his shot!
    He knew he wasn't missing that. GOAT.

CristianoQuaresma and Excape Goat repped this.
  25. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    They scored and couldn't defend. Messi's poor performance was expected vs Iceland except for the fanboys.