Madrid's Highest Goal Scorer - The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, I do not want to see BBC in Paris.

Our midfield will be worn out from pressing by the 30th minute.

Digital repped this.
  2. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

Eddie and Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Today's game will be very important for him/us. If he keeps this up, it will do wonders for his confidence and our team's performance. I trust Ronaldo will pull a good game tonight.

4. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
  6. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  7. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s a pretty amazing comparison between Ronaldo and Messi in the Champions League. I hope Cris can keep outscoring him for the next couple seasons and widen the gap so he has a chance to remain the top all time scorer when their careers are over (considering Messi is a few years younger).

Regardless doesn’t CR7 completely dominate him when you only look at goals in the knockout stages? I know people have posted stats here before about Ronaldo being considerably better at least from the quarterfinals on.

Deep Pal and ABB94 repped this.
  8. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo is three years older, Messi will overtake him eventually, a gap of 20 goals isn’t quite enough. Added to the fact that Messi will have better longevity at the top of European football between the two.

9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Idk. Messi has made the switch to more of a playmaker and will continue to do that more and more. I think Cristiano will end up as the CL's greatest scorer and for a LOOOONG time if not forever

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Meh, more like a two year difference.

Cristiano will be here for at least another two seasons. By that time messi will be 33. If Cristiano keeps this kind of consistency in CL, I don't see messi overtaking him.

11. CristianoQuaresma

Jun 14, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt Messi will catch up to the GOAT.

Let's not forget, Cristiano started with Sporting and then Manchester. Where he played more as a full on winger and didn't look after the goal as much.

That's what makes him so remarkable... He's shown his talent and hard work with 3 different teams and in 3 different leagues. Messi wanted to stick to what he's comfortable with... Playing for that cule club.

He knows his legacy would have been in jeopardy if he were to join the Premier League and completely flop (which he would).

Cristiano to be the all-time best scorer in the Champions League by the time both retire.

12. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The notion of Messi flopping in EPL is ridiculous. Guys who couldn't start in Barca like Pedro and Sanchez are treated like gold over there.

Serengeti_Boy and Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    If Cris can add lets say 10-15 goals in the next 2 years to whatever total he ends up with this season he should end up ahead of Messi all time. Testament to this man's consistency and even more important than that the clutch gene. For me the KO goals matter a lot more than group stage goals and this man has a ton of them. You guys remember a few years ago folks would beat up on Cris with the "yes but he doesn't score in the big games" BS. Lol....... yaaaa..... no.

14. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mbappe with his scoring record will eventually beat Cristiano I guess. The kid might reach 20 goals without touching 20 years!

15. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So basically y'all think Messi will still be at the same level at 33 as CR7 is right now at that age?
    I don't know but I have a feeling that Messi doesn't take care of himself the way that CR does, and he will have a massive drop as most greats do.

Deep Pal and CristianoQuaresma repped this.
  16. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What has helped Cris widen the gap with Messi lately is our consistent deep runs in the competition the last few years and thus more games to play. Hopefully this continues this season with Barca being upset by Chelsea in 2nd leg or getting a tough QF draw.
    I think he will struggle to maintain the goal scoring consistency of Ronaldo as he ages. But it will be more so due to him transitioning to more of a playmaking role as @J-Mezzy has noted rather than a physical decline. He might start to lose some of his crazy acceleration at some point soon though.

17. CristianoQuaresma

Jun 14, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has lost some of it already... Messi of today is not Messi of 2012-13. Same goes for Cristiano. Players age and evolve but the most important thing is, how do you deal with it??

We all know that Cristiano knows what the hell he's doing in order to stay at the top of the game. He's 33 and will still fight for the Ballon d'Or by the end of 2018.

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Hit 300 La Liga goals today. He has 435 goals in 425 games for Real Madrid in all competitions.

dipluso, Deep Pal and natenate101 repped this.
  19. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only is he back to scoring prolifically, he's also being a fantastic leader encouraging Benzema whenever he can.

#GOAT

20. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He already has. He's not as quick off the mark as say a 2011 Messi

21. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's still much of his career to play. He could turn out to be a flop, he could get a crazy injury..who knows.

22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maybe he pulled a LeBron and saved himself for this point of the season?? He's looking great now

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Cristiano: 300th La Liga goal on his 286th match.

Messi: 300th La Liga goal on his 374th match

Deep Pal, CR7PT and yoanaidarov repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Fastest to 100, 200 and now 300.
    10 goals in the last 5 games.

Phil: I wouldn’t say they were lucky goals but he found a way to bundle them over.

SMH.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and yoanaidarov repped this.
  25. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    4x4 on suicide watch after chatting mad shit on Ronnie during the first half of the season. Haters gonna hate, Ronaldo gonna dominate.

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.