Madrid's Highest Goal Scorer - The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Glad to see him look like himself again. He will blossom at the right time

Excape Goat and Deep Pal repped this.
  2. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only 4 goals behind Messi in all comps.

3. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know messi has been miles better this year but that cant be true ? thats pretty funny.:laugh:

YOUNGSTARS87 and Deep Pal repped this.
  4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    His first or second goal - i don`t remember shows perfectly how he should play. Near the box, without being fancy and collecting service. Anyway good performance and a positive change in a crucial time.

YOUNGSTARS87 and Digital repped this.
  5. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Yep.

Well, like I hoped he's getting better as the season goes on.

But some people really expected him to stop scoring forever :ROFLMAO:

He'll score against PSG. And he's better in CL too :cool:

CristianoQuaresma and Deep Pal repped this.
  6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Let's hope so, the team goes when he goes.

7. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Thats pathetic

8. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The wild thing about him today was that he was trying any harder than he has been but that his movement was like it has been the past three years.

Making a couple runs from deep and taking a chance from the within the box. He hasn't done that enough this year.

Finishing helps too.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He even brought back the spaghetti haircut that won us the UCL last season.

10. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Spaghetti haircut is his supersaiyan haircut. I'm hopeful.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    On the same date last year he had 21 goals and now he has 23 in all tournaments.

CristianoQuaresma and Deep Pal repped this.
  12. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A decade from now some kid is going to be on youtube watching Real Madrid CL campaigns and all he’ll see is Ronaldo back to back spaghetti locks dominating Europe not aware of the domestic shitstorm in between.

I’m cautiously optimistic we can go far in Europe again.

Deep Pal and yoanaidarov repped this.
  13. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah he was bad last year too until the first knockout round of the CL.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  14. iggymcfly

iggymcfly Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Little reminder that Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 19 goals in his last 11 Champions League matches going back to last year's quarters against Bayern.

MiamiNative0722 and Deep Pal repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If only he could get that through his own head.

16. CristianoQuaresma

Jun 14, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's had a lot of naysayers out there but he's definitely still there to make a difference for us. Just too many haters waiting on his demise. Disgusting people that probably never even competed in their life or have any success.

At 33 years of age, this man is still scoring 23 goals in all competitions so far... Recently, he seems to find it harder to take off at the beginning of the season but once he gets warmed up and gains his momentum, he is unstoppable.

He will score against PSG and get us this crucial win on Wednesday. Mark. My. Words.

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm kind of afraid of this because we could very well find ourselves fighting for a CL (top 4) and I'm not convinced we have a squad capable of winning twice a weak and the schedule is pretty brutal to end La Liga:

H, 4/8 v Atletico
    A, 4/15 v Malaga
    H, 4/18 v Athletic
    H, 4/29 v Leganes
    A, 5/6 v Barcelona
    A, 5/9 v Sevilla

H, 5/13 v Celta
    A, 5/20 v Villareal

Part of me thinks it might be for the best if we get knock out so that management will have the necessary "incentive" to make the "tough" decisions concerning the BBC and start evaluating the bench to see who has a future here.

A strong push in the CL and 1) we might be stretched too thin and end up in 4th position or worse, or 2) BBC redeems itself, we give them another chance, and we rinse and repeat everything next season insanely hoping for a different result.

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I never got this logic. If you think that the management team is stupid and needs to be knocked out for it to make the necessary changes, then why do you trust that these same "stupid" lot would make the right changes or bring in the right players? And if you can't, why would you hope for a potential lose/lose situation?

Deep Pal, yoanaidarov and Shay Z repped this.
  19. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed. It’s baffling to me that people think that the management (board) of the biggest and most succesful club in the world is very incapable (or maybe stupid is a better word). You can rest assured that we have great people at the club, who can flag the potential issues for the club and make the necessary decisions in order to make sure these issues are dealt with. The track record of “Perez II” (for a lack of a better word) has been very good (even exceptional at times) to be honest. One mishap (last summer I guess) doesn’t immediately have to result into a doom scenario and hoping for ‘incentives’ and whatnot. I’m sure the people at the club know what’s up and what needs to be done to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

The CL is a major priority as far as I’m concerned. We’ll be fine in the league. A few back-to-back wins and we’re 10/15p in front of 5th place. The chance that we don’t make at least 4th is negligible at best..

20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it is stupidity, but maybe delusion with a mix of misplaced loyalty.

Zidane gets credit for alot of things put in place by Carlo and even Mourinho. He arrived at a team at its peak already having put 1CL under its belt, but was throwing games just to spite the President and manager. That he turned it around is great but I'm pretty sure anyone not resembling a fat, bald waiter with an ego would have squeezed something out of this group. I have no doubt Carlo's trophy haul would resemble Zidane's if we had kept him.

And last summer wasn't "one" mistake it was a series of errors that had played out over a longer period of time. Losing James and Morata due to mismanagement, then not adequately replacing them - in part because of the potential replacement's perception of said mismanagement was all due to a continuing faith in a player (Bale) and system (BBC) that had long ago run its course.

The writing was on the wall and last season should have shown that Bale / BBC was not a necessary ingredient for success and it was more a liability to be rely on them alone.

I for one have argued consistently that we needed to move on and start building around a core of younger players (Isco, James, Morata, Kovacic, Kroos, etc) that were already integrated and ready to take the next step.

It may have sounded crazy to sell Bale in 2016 but he was at his highest value then and I don't see us getting over 150ME now.

A semi final trophy and its going to make Flo very reluctant to break up the BBC, something that should have happened one piece at a time over multiple transfer windows, because a complete overhaul is equally risky and puts all the blame on the President where as now he just lets the fans whistle the players to their hearts delight.

robnycus, Deep Pal and Hendrix22 repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    People keep saying this. There were indications that we may have been trying to sell Bale last summer, but Bale doesn't want to leave and seems to have turned down United. Ronaldo certainly doesn't want to seem to leave either. It is a lot easier to write that on a discussion forum than for it to actually happen. Wishing it true is going to make it reality.

Wishing failure on the team isn't going to make it any better. If anything, it's going to drive the value of the players down.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  22. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    :laugh::thumbsup:

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carlo took over Guardiola's squad and belly flopped so hard in his second season he's become Bayern's own Benitez. You can never really win with people here. Carlo won nothing and got sacked but would have somehow miraculously won the CL the next season, and 5 trophys in a year after that.

Carlo agrees that Zidane influenced him even back when he was a player, as an assistant, his influence could have only been larger.

The man you're using as an example gave credit to Zidane before he was even a coach.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and yoanaidarov repped this.
  24. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't say Carlo would have produced an exact replica of Zidane's tenure obviously that could never happen becuase he didn't come in mid season post Rafa Benitez catastrophe.

But he did come while the club was in a bit of a crisis, he calmed the waters, and won a double in his first season . If he hadn't done that I think we would have seen alot of turnover in the squad for the role they played in the Mourinho fiasco and who knows what the team would have looked like afterward.

And so Carlo pushed this group over the edge and got that first CL and the winning mentality that comes with it, without which I doubt Zidane gets to where he is now. So my position is Zidane has nothing if not for Carlo, and that Carlo could have won 2 CL in three seasons.

What he did at Bayern is not really germaine to what he did at Madrid but he was responsible for bringing them their best player this season, a player Zidane couldn't figure out how to use but now plays in almost every position.

And my recollection of the story is that Carlo heavily influenced Zidane's career by changing his position and playing him as an inverted winger from the left. Carlo also made Pirlo into a deep lying mid and Maldini into a center back, so lets not pretend he's some stranger to innovation and player development.

robnycus and Hendrix22 repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #7000 4x4s, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Carlo wrote that Zidane changed the way he coached teams when he met him as a player. Prior to our duel with Zidane and Carlo coaching on opposite sides, both coaches agreed that they were a heavy influence to each other.

A player that says he's playing better under Heynckes than he ever has under Carlo. Maybe Carlo should have been hired as technical director but i doubt he could have shoe horned all of his family into doing the job like he did after the Zidane post was left open.

Remember: Zidane wanted to go coach in France and only took Castilla on as a favor to Perez who told him he wanted him around, so people in the club definitely knew he could do the job.