Madrid's Highest Goal Scorer - The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah but I don't see how those comments make him an opportunist. Ramos went on to say we are struggling due to injuries. If you are going to call out Ronaldo, you might as well tale ownership and responsibility instead of making your own excuse

ABB94 and Lyra repped this.
  2. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Ronaldo did say the reason we're struggling is because we've lost depth then that's BS really isn't it. If Ramos said it was due to injuries then that's also BS.

Our decline between the European Super Cup + Spanish Super Cup to our first Liga games was substantial. No idea what has happened as we have look really flat even from the start of the campaign.

S1na and J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Dumb comment regardless. I'm glad the captain is coming out and putting him in his place.

Ahmadi8, 4x4s and J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You don't get to call for Morata after you shitted on him whenever he didn't pass over to you while he had the open goal ahead of him. Second, you simply don't complain about what the other players do (the depth in this case) when you are having the worst League campaign of your career. Last year's depth in Asensio is completely outplaying him in the League this season.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and The Potter repped this.
  5. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would expect this type of nonsense talk from a barcelona fan not a madrid one, especially the bit about him not getting a pass from morata. utter rubbish.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Ronaldo is a great player, but he's not perfect.

7. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think only Alvaro and yourself are the ones seeing this ‘open goal’.

Ronaldo’s reaction was over the top but he should have passed to be fair.

Deep Pal, Umar and ABB94 repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has the goal ahead of him, defenders are split and he has the shooting lane. Morata came into those matches really late desperate to present himself and Ronaldo was giving him all kind of sh*tt o the point where it became funny watching him go. Ronaldo relying on others to score for the team, especially Alvaro under those circumstances is quite amusing. Even Bale has more Leage goals than him and he barely played.

Ahmadi8, Lyra and The Potter repped this.
  9. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #6709 Arcticmandaly, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    I Dont care if it happened.That wasnt the point, your making out like ronaldo hates morata and was glad to see the back of him because he didnt pass him the ball sometimes, which is utter nonsense. All players complain about all sorts of stuff on the field and after the game its forgetten about. i hate how this is always made out like ronaldo is the only player to do it.

I play football at a decent level and i admit that i complain like a bitch on the field, if i see something wrong or players make dumb decisions but after the game its never even mentioned and im very good friends with all the team.

These are professional fecking players that are earning 100,000s or more a week and you think there going to be crying there eyes out after a game or refusing to talk to him anymore because ronaldo gave out to him for not passing.?

Kroosinator repped this.
  10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Ronaldo does it far more than anyone, that's a fact. The players around him and the fans have gotten used to it, but to make it out like everyone does what he does is false.

11. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No one cares if bale has the odd more league goal or more than ronaldo. I might not think much of benzema as a player but at least hes around to actually contribute to the team the odd time and be fit to be available for the team,which is what he is paid for.

Unlike the crippled the dragon bale,that is home every season on hes playstation, ripping of the club with obscene wages for doing nothing for the team. What did bale contribute last season over ronaldo by the way. ?

12. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I said all players complain about all sort of stuff on the field never said they did it as much as him.Its forgetten about after the game, they dont hate each other because he didnt pass him the ball or because big bad ronaldo shouted at him in a match.

13. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I remember this game. This was late in the 13/14 season when were still chasing for the title. We were 1-2 down at home and really needed to win to stay top of the table. Ronaldo was shouting more out of sheer frustration that we would possibly drop crucial points because of poor decision making like that in a must win match. He was on edge all game. We ended up drawing 2-2 (thanks to Ronaldo backheel at the end) which wasn't really enough and then fell behind Barca and Atleti in the following games.

I'm pretty sure Ronaldo wouldn't have cared as much if the stakes weren't so high. Even i was pissed at Morata when I was watching this live as passing was by far the better option.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Maybe Cristiano should take some of the credit here, considering he's scored one goal in seven league matches after getting suspended for the first four league matches for doing something stupid.

Yeah. Maybe.

Umar repped this.
  15. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I’m never calling that an open goal. He should have slid Ronaldo in earlier.

Your point is valid and I agree with you, but you can’t call that an open goal.

16. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Shocking :D

Deep Pal, Shay Z, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's literally pouting when he doesn't score in a 5-0 game. He's a great guy and one of the greatest ever, but he can do no wrong to some people here.

J-Mezzy, Ahmadi8, Umar and 2 others repped this.
  18. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CR7PT, Deep Pal, madridista_hr and 5 others repped this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Congrats to him and his family.

Dude is gonna slide in into retirement all set. I'm happy for him.

Deep Pal, temesgen, fierro and 1 other person repped this.
  20. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Like it or not, Cristiano Ronaldo will inspire generations of kids to become footballers...and more importantly, Real Madrid players.
    Great video by Goal.com on him:

21. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Thanks for sharing, great video, What do you mean by like it not not! why would anyone oppose this ???? !!!

saadomar repped this.
  22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My favorite part of the above video is around the 4 min mark, when the kid proclaims that Real Madrid is the best team in the world to him. Ronaldo is emblematic of this club on so many levels, it's hard to grasp just how much further he has pushed this club into the hearts and minds of football watchers around the world. He's a brand, sure. But he also brings a lot of attention to the club, both good and bad (but mostly good). Most top clubs would pay top dollar to have a player remotely in his stratosphere. Just look at PSG with Neymar. By comparison, what Real paid for Ronaldo was money well spent. There will come a time when he will part ways, but I'm not so easily going to turn on him. He'll have his rough patch or goal drought. And then he'll pick himself back up and start wowing audiences and banging in goals.

He'll come back. So will our beloved team.

23. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #6723 saadomar, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Oh there are plenty of Ronaldo haters...people who can't wait for him to leave. He'll leave one day and they'll miss him. They think of Ronaldo in mostly the negative shades: He's "selfish", he's "egotistical", he's "a ballhog", he's "bigger than the club", he's "always holding down other players" etc.

The man keeps a goal per game ratio (something almost unheard of since the likes of Puskas on such a volume) and people turn on him so easily when he struggles to get into a groove. Let's keep the faith guys. He'll get back his shooting boots. He always does!Ronaldo always comes back. I can doubt Benzema. I can doubt Bale, Ramos, Modric and Marcelo. But I will never doubt Ronaldo's ability to make a comeback.

The guy is harder on himself more than we could ever be on him. He's been super unlucky recently. But the probability dictates that these shots will eventually start hitting their mark.

Raul_Madrid, TheDude47 and Deep Pal repped this.
  24. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's definitely lost a step. Not as razor-sharp as he's used to being especially in front of goal.

Even though that last chance was a great block: at this level..he took just that extra half a second to pull the trigger that gave the defender a chance. Rewatching it..his 1st touch was also kinda poor for that effort (touched just a tad too in front of him).

Previous version of Ronaldo would be scoring that despite the defender's efforts.

Just look at how razor-sharp he was at 2:07 in this video from a similar sort of chance. Before the defender and goalkeeper could react it was in the back of the net.

25. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
    Mbappe or even martial would score loads in this team but cristiano isn't helped by benzema being so slow and also isco taking so long to pass the ball.

How this mercato is now looking like the biggest merde of this club for a very long time to come.