Madrid's Highest Goal Scorer - The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yeah actually it means he was underperforming in the only league match he played.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the "Ronaldo will be crap this season" story is as stupid as "let's ignore him being awful because he's a great player".

Crappy match, should have done so much better, hope for some great goals against Alaves and Dortmund.

3. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Of course thats why my original post was longer than what people seemingly read.

4x4s repped this.
  4. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, WTF. Looks like the hearing is being conducted in a storage closet.

I'm just setting up my defense of Ronaldo for the remainder of the season. If he catches fire, great I will be very happy for him.

Your upset because I summarily said Bale can have the best season of his career and he will be nowhere near influential enough to carry the team and its true.

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There's a difference between "underperformed" and "underperfoming". The latter is continuous, would mean he's been in that form for more than just one game, which isn't the case. Wording.

S1na repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

S1na repped this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lyra, YOUNGSTARS87, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  9. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I ********in love this team

FB_IMG_1506505721225.jpg

YOUNGSTARS87, Eddie, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  10. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's been complaining and waving his hands around too much lately, he should stop doing that, it's not helping anybody.

Lyra repped this.
  11. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Who cares?

12. CristianoQuaresma

Jun 14, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "He's been complaining" "He's been waving his hands" "He's been critical of his team mates on the field"... Give me a break!

Same old story when it comes to the GOAT. When you've accomplished so much and raised the bar so damn high, it's almost impossible to please everyone.

As a Real Madrid fan, I am overjoyed to still have him with us and for him to be such an important piece to our squad. He just wants to win. No matter what.

Vamos CRISTIANO!!!

13. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ronaldo wants 25 million but club is not ready to concede

He is happy but wants the same as Messi and Neymar

After all the summer transfer activity that has seen players like Neymar and Mbappe receive inflated salaries, plus Lionel Messi's contract renewal, it has led to Cristiano Ronaldo believing that he is owed more for his role at Real Madrid and being in the canddiate list for FIFA's The Best.

This does not mean that the Portuguese is seeking a confrontation with the club and in fact at the moment there is a good relationship which is helped by Zidane but Ronaldo wants to be on a par or better paid than the 25 million net that Lionel Messi and Neymar are both supposedly earning.

Ronaldo does not expect a new contract to replace that which he signed last November and is due to run until he is 36. He knows that June, 2021, will be a good time to bring down his career at Real after 12 seasons.

After the Borussia Dortmund game on Tuesday, Ronaldo put the issue on the table while at the same time assuring that he is happy at the moment and said that it appears as though he continually has to prove his worth to the public, that he just wanted his situation to be sorted out in a logical fashion.

The club board is not considering the option to give him an improved deal at the moment as they don't believe that it is the moment and their priority is to renew other players like Sergio Ramos.

Ronaldo is going through a rosy period right now and the club has backed him this summer after his show of discontent and the situation appears comfortable from both sides.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/09/27/59cbb05cca474123678b4589.html

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am OK with 25 ME net as long as the length is until 2021. Dude has been an absolute legend and has helped RM brand grow further in last 8 years. He might be aging and we won't know how good he will be at 35-36, but giving him a big contract as a form of appreciation for all that he has done is fine imo. Hope this will be resolved without any drama.

On another note, these are the consequences when the likes of PSG go crazy with wages while not having the need to generate revenue to justify it.

16. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I wouldn't say that's fine. If he wanted that amount he should have asked for it at the last contract talks. Will he want another raise when another player receives more money at another club?

Don't know if the article is true, as I already saw the same one a couple of weeks back. (A bola? Not sure) And nothing really happened afterwards.

But he has a very high salary with us already for a good amount of seasons (2021, he will be 36 then) considering his age. Changing the contract now makes no sense from the club's perspective.

xRamos4 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This reminds me of Germany v Argentina, and you remind me of every German player complaining about every Argentinian player.

I remember at the beginning of the summer several poster's claimed Ronaldo would wash his hands and say "I never said/It didn't come out of my mouth-that I wanted a transfer/new contract".

Please stop forward and take credit.

18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

Lyra repped this.
  19. Adder

Adder Red Card

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This idea that the primary claim against Ronaldo is that he only scores against small teams is a narrative largely pushed by his own fanboys themselves, such that they can put up this convenient strawman argument which they can easily pick on whenever favorable to do so. It's the classical fail-safe go-to topic during times when your feelings are hurt and this thread needs a positive change of ambiance.

The primary argument against Ronaldo is, of course, that he offers absolutely nothing except goals. And sometimes, that doesn't matter, because he scores just enough goals to make up for what he lacks in other aspects. But, other times, especially recently, it has become obvious that he's struggling to score goals for larger and larger stretches. Sometimes he bounces back, like he did last season, and starts scoring an obscene amount of goals again, but that doesn't change the fact that there'll again come a period where he just can't find the goal, and since that's all he's got, he's often our worst player during those stretches.

That doesn't mean we should sell him, in fact, it makes sense to keep him around until we've got confirmation that he's fully lost his special ability to go on an impressive goal streak, but it does mean he's an inferior player than he used to be, and we should act accordingly, which means restricting his freedom (he should be a forward in a 4-4-2), benching him more often, not giving him ridiculous contract extensions with salary bumps, and centering our playing style around more deserving players, which includes Isco, Modric, Kroos, and Mpap- oh wait....

20. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Spot on - couldn't agree more. Contract negotiations are about leverage, of which Cristiano has none. New contracts are given so the club gets additional years of control and the player gets a higher wage in return. So the question becomes, do we want another year of Cristiano on €50M at age 37? If we believe media reports that Cristiano earns €42M gross currently:

17/18 = +€8M (€50M - €42M)
    18/19 = +€8M (€50M - €42M)
    19/20 = +€8M (€50M - €42M)
    20/21 = +€8M (€50M - €42M)
    21/22 = +€50M

Total Cost = €82M. We'd be paying €82M for ONE year of 37 year old Cristiano. Unless the suggestion is to simply up Cristiano's salary and keep the contract length the same. But that would beg the question - why? Why just hand him more money if we get nothing in return?

21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Don't think anyone will read that epistle.

I know I didn't.

22. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    . . . . . . . . . ./¯/) HATERS
    . . . . . . . . /¯ ./
    . . . . . . . . /. . / THIS IS 4 U!
    . . . . . /¯`/'. .'/¯¯`.
    . . . . ./'/. /. . /. . /. /¯\
    . . . . ('

23. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No leverage for Ronaldo in this situation after just renewing last year. Don’t see Flo giving in when it looks like Cris just wants a bigger salary to help resolve his tax issues.

24. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  25. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    914904077619941376 is not a valid tweet id

CR7PT, Ahmadi8, PigBenis and 6 others repped this.