Madrid's Highest Goal Scorer - The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #6276 saadomar, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    http://www.espnfc.us/club/real-madrid/86/video/3163330/watch-ronaldo-brings-the-heat-in-shanghai

Ronaldo's having a fun time in Shanghai. Kinda wish he was with the team for some pre-season. Bummer that he won't be in Miami (because I'm in Florida). It's his holiday, I guess he chose to spend it promoting himself. Smart business move for sure.

The video has a funny segment where Ronaldo goes: "I'm Shuai, no?"

Cracked me up. The dude is anything but humble hahaha.

This one below is also excellent. I would recommend the one below because it gives us access to the more "outside of football" personality of Cristiano. It's one of the more genuine interviews I've seen from him. And it's riddled with questions I would've asked him if we ever hung out.

http://www.espnfc.us/spanish-primera-division/15/video/3162726/ronaldos-motivation-is-to-be-the-best

Deep Pal, Excape Goat and S1na repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    889592236803067904 is not a valid tweet id

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    temesgen, saadomar, PigBenis and 13 others repped this.
  4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    temesgen, saadomar, sneakking and 4 others repped this.
  5. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    She's a lot better than that butcher of a sculptor in Madeira.

temesgen, saadomar, PigBenis and 7 others repped this.
  6. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I read that dude was kinda defiant to the judge, telling her he's only there because of his name.

Dude needs to stfu and just payup

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ronaldo has until August 11 to claim extenuating circumstances

Cristiano Ronaldo could face a minimum of seven years in prison for four tax evasion offences totalling €14.7m. This could be reduced if he pays a fine.

Mónica Gómez Ferrer, the magistrate overseeing Cristiano Ronaldo’s testimony over accusations of tax fraud, has a deadline of six months to decide whether to refer the matter to the Upper Court in Madrid (TSJ). That is where cases are heard if the defendant faces a prison sentence of more than two years.

Although, if the magistrate declares that the case is particularly complex, that deadline could be extended to 18 months.

Ronaldo would face a minimum of 7 years

Cristiano Ronaldo would face a minimum sentence of seven years in prison for the four tax evasion offences that total €14.7m. Three of those offences carry minimum sentences of two to six years each.

That said, the judge could deem the circumstances to be extenuating, and as per a law introduced in 2013, reduce the sentence by half, or to a quarter, if Ronaldo pays the €14.7m plus a fine and interest. The Portuguese winger would need to accept the offences, and show willingness to take part in a ‘special collaboration’ with the Spanish justice system to clear up the facts. The deadline for initiating that course of action is August 11 2017.

https://en.as.com/en/2017/07/31/football/1501523857_313473.html

8. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Someone photoshop Ronaldos face into Adam Sandler plz

"A sadistic warden asks a former pro quarterback, now serving time in his prison, to put together a team of inmates to take on (and get pummeled by) the guards."

Plot Twist. Messi is leading the other team.

[​IMG]

9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Saeta Rubia and 16 others repped this.
  10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Seems like this whole thing is a farce. It really does seem that they're going after him for the publicity.

11. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Yeah reading his statements... Unless he's lying (which is always a possibility) I don't see what he's done that illegal. I do find it immoral to do what he and most other footballers do when it comes to transfering their rights to certain Island nations (and I'm not even sure he still does this) but that's me and my morals, morals shouldn't really be a factor.

Bear Crotch and Zidane05 repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Deep Pal, CR7PT and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
  15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He makes it sound like it was just him when a bunch of players have been accused of the same thing.

Excape Goat and Digital repped this.
  16. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #6292 S1na, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    She s Iranian

screenshot_283.jpg

Her Instagram Caption:
    My complete work ... Cristiano Ronaldo.
    I would love him to see my work
    I hope to the god he will see it
    Thank you my dear lord for being able to draw one more time.

screenshot_284.jpg

During the work

RMSocrates, saadomar, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Not really.

Based on what has been published in the media, the whole case is around when he declared his taxes rather than how. He declared his image rights when everything was earned fully rather than as they are earned. Apparently, he actually paid more in taxes in the way he presented it as opposed to what he should have done. This is different from Messi and Mascherano completely evading taxes.

I'm not really sure this is the best use of the people's money.

Deep Pal, Crimson, PigBenis and 6 others repped this.
  18. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Messi and Masch were not the other players I had in mind. I was thinking about other Mendes' clients.. Falcao, Dimaria. Pepe, Coentrao, Mourihno - all implicated in tax fraud.. We have to google the details of each case but the bottom line is all of these were investigated by hacienda, so Cristiano is not the only one.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah I'm not sure about those players. Falcao and AdM settled, but settlement doesn't necessarily mean guilt especially in these cases.

I'm not going to pretend to know much about this and it seems the media doesn't seem to either; I'm reading different interpretations wherever I go. Let's see how it shakes out.

20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If by settlement you mean guilty plea then yes they are guilty, and the problems with settlements is that while a guilty verdict is not handed down you certainly are not exonerated and cannot claim to be cleared of all wrong doing and therefore innocent.

21. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hes back in training today JOP_MDG_050817SLUG_166JPG.jpg

CR7PT, Deep Pal and yoanaidarov repped this.
  22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    saadomar, Deep Pal and hala_madrid722 repped this.
  23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's a striker but he isn't a striker. It's not a ball, it's a baloon. Basically what's he saying is that he could never be a sole striker aka play with just 1 up-top (4-5-1). He's a roaming player who's mostly inside the box and a bit on the left side.

I don't care what he considers himself to be, he's played as a striker a lot this season. While Bale was out (February till the UCL final) we mostly played 4-4-2 with Isco in mid and Benz and CR7 up-top. He also plays as a striker with Andre Silva for Portugal.