Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    We’ve been taking about a sporting director for a decade but not happening.

Imagine if Zidane steps down to become the sporting director :ROFLMAO:

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    the problem is the top,

The direction of the team, some dead weight needs to go

the coach is out of depth too, he might have been good 3 years ago but his expired

Too many yes men, and too many leaches

3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He does. I posted this on the Florentino’s thread a few days ago.

“He affirmed the socios that a sporting plan exists at the time of signing players, with Jose Angel Sanchez as the head. ‘We have signed the best. We sign youngsters and some go out on loan.. some will comeback’”

Afirmó que sí existe una planificación deportiva a la de hora de fichar, con José Ángel Sánchez a la cabeza. "Se han fichado a los mejores. Fichamos jóvenes y algunos los cedemos. Algunos volverán"

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2019/09/12/5d796dc746163f826d8b456d.html

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Again, no. Monchi is not General director at Sevilla. He's the director of football.

Ramon Martinez is the "director of football" on the club's organisation plan. It's literally on our website.

5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I am not talking about Monchi.
    I just posted a link where Florentino says JAS is in charge of the sporting planning of the team and bringing in new players.
    He may have a title without the word sporting on it but he does exactly that and if he is clueless about football then that explains a lot.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the link you posted Florentino doesn't say that.

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Why you think Marca would make that up?

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did you see what is quoted and what is not?

JAS is the general director, not the man scouting and finding the players. Mama Mia.

9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #234 robnycus, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    The scouts work for him (if any) not directly to Flo.
    Scouts are low in the chain.. but they all report to a director who makes the last calls..approves/disapproves and sets the strategy.
    It is clear from reading that JAS is in charge of that planning unless what is written there is a lie.

JAS is the one responsible for bringing in Asensio as an example. He has been focused on getting the best local talent available something that clashed with Zidane.

10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Asensio was bought through a conversation between Nadal (the tennis player) and Florentino: url

11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Plus the other players somehow look like they are constantly ignoring. I know they are not used to play with a 9 like that but he never gets any service. He's always keeping the defenders busy and looking to break through.

One of the most sought after young forwards but yea, after 126 minutes, he's a flop :D.

Drouchk, temesgen and J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Which means we don't need scouts and probably don’t even have them.
    If Asensio is here because Nadal told him to then this is a huge problem because no one really qualified was there to vet that signing. Others are probably feeding similar info to Flo and JAS about young players and they are making the call of going for it or not.
    I read a while back somewhere that JAS made it happen.. I would need to find the source..

13. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we actually do have a sporting director right now we should probably get another one because he is erratic as ********. Our signings dont fit any general plan or strategy. Maybe we should try for Valencia's Alemany, they are apparently trying to push him out anyways. I remember reading somewhere that Perez wanted him in his first term.

14. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    LEquipeTV said again that for Zidane it was Pogba or nothing, and that it was a mistake because we needed at least one midfielder, pogba or not.

15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I find it crazy that Zidane got rid of Ceballos, Kovacic, Llorente, and was pushing to get rid of James - that is 4 players - just to sign Pogba.
    That was his plan?

Kroosinator repped this.
  16. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Even if we had accepted, Vinicius could have easily rejected PSG like Dembele, Coutinho and it's an embarrassing situation for the club.

18. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Where's all those guys that were telling us that Jovic was a beast and would be in the starting line up?

People were spunking their balls left and right over this signing. Apparently the striker we needed and all that.

A few of us told you to relax and chill. Lookie look now!

Honestly one of the most underwhelming signings in years. I'm telling you Mariano is a better player. He fights he chases every ball.

Jovic does not have the DNA to play for this club. Lazy and lost on the field. If I had a body like that i'd be getting stuck in and throwing my weight around like a proper centre forward.

He will be playing for a mid table team in germany next year.

I told you
    I told you
    I told you

19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nowhere, because I can’t think of anyone who said that, so those people don’t really exist , no one in their right mind would think that Jovic would turn up at Madrid, and be in the starting line up right away before Benz, taking into consideration how much time Benz has spent at Madrid, that he had one of his best seasons ever last season and ZZ is the coach, not to mention we’ve only played about 5 games , but, carry on

20. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Where's all those guys that were telling us that Jovic was a beast and would be in the starting line up?

People were spunking their balls left and right over this signing. Apparently the striker we needed and all that.

A few of us told you to relax and chill. Lookie look now!

Honestly one of the most underwhelming signings in years. I'm telling you Mariano is a better player. He fights he chases every ball.

Jovic does not have the DNA to play for this club. Lazy and lost on the field. If I had a body like that i'd be getting stuck in and throwing my weight around like a proper centre forward.

He will be playing for a mid table team in germany next year.

I told you
    I told you
    I told you

BjornH repped this.
  21. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Personally I would go for Mikel Oyarzabal - 22 years old 13 goal in La liga last season, 12 goals season before that and he his spanish.
    A very underrated talent here in Spain.

AllWhites repped this.
  22. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    They were putting him in the starting line up next to Benz dude. Check the old transfer thread. They were saying he was the striker we've been waiting for.

He hasn't touched the ball since he got here. And i'm not basing this analysis of his game on his time at Madrid. He was playing for frankfurt ffs. Vardy has more presence than this guy.

Again those that contested this signing got the usual treatment of "can someone ban this guy" "welcome to my ignore list" "you don't know anything about football".

It's time to start listening and learn.

23. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    In Jovic defense though - they seldom use two strikers, and Benezema has been outstanding recently in LA liga. They need to change formation in near future if they are going to get any points against Sevilla this weekend and sunday.
    But how they play against PSG I`m very worried concerning that, and Guti was spot on last evening in Paris, and it looked really bad.

24. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    It's a completely different approach to what we've been doing for a long time, but the benefit would really make a big impact on our performance in the league.

Eddie repped this.
  25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #249 robnycus, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Yep . I was . I also thought Bale and James would not be here.
    But regardless I thought Zidane would have started to play Jovic and Benz together by now . Hazard can play like how Feliz is playing with Atletico now..as a wide mid.
    With Pogba or someone like Pogba this can work.. we just did not add more steel to the midfield and kept James and Isco instead.
    And Zidane ended up having to rely on Bale for goals something that he was not expecting

Almost every top team got some reinforcements in midfield except us which is ridiculous.

Atletico got Llorente and Herrera who was crucial yesterday.. two mid players for one (Rodri) .. and we got zero and let go of two. I think some young kid who plays fifa video games could have done a better job with squad planning.

BjornH repped this.
  26. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Again, it was unlikely that Jovic would immediately come to Madrid and just be an automatic starter, especially with Benz, and ZZ as coach, we were unlikely to change our formation from the off, at least that’s what I always thought, not with ZZ as coach that’s for sure, as for all the rest i’ll wait until he has had a proper chance on the pitch and time to assimilate with his new team mates
    Learn what? It’s time to stop making sweeping judgements about a player who has barely played for us after 5 games, no matter what he did for Frankfurt, which was positive by the way