Made in Japan/Exclusive to Japan thread [1] - all info, pics, questions here plz

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by john_mizuno8, Jun 5, 2012.

1. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I didn't know he did.

They are really nice. I quite like them.

serginhobertholi repped this.
  2. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    I have a pair of Asics Destaque 6k flying to me from Japan. They better be good, because my expectations are sky level.

3. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

haha can't wait to hear your review of them! the 5's were my favourite futsal shoes ever, only sold them cause they ran out of sizes and i took half size small and couldn't wear it longer than 30 mins

derbyyank13 repped this.
  4. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    How can they be your favorite shoes, if you couldn't even test it in your size?

5. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    that's a testament to how good it is ;););)

haha on a serious note - I get what you mean. For me it was one of the most comfortable futsal shoes to run in, you really feel the heel cushioning thanks to the Gel tech in there. Add to that that nice padded k-leather in the forefoot and you had a winner imho. mesh in the right places so it doesn't get too hot inside.

Only downside for me was the mesh tongue, made it weird to shoot with your laces, but then again in futsal you're expected to toe poke it mostly.

I could survive for the first 30mins to an hour, and only after that did it really start to hurt my feet, partly cause the foot expands etc.

6. Zuangua

Zuangua Member

Oct 10, 2008
    CA
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    I tried the asics calcetto 3 fs le. I went true to size, but they felt slightly too long for my taste. That's the thing that frustrates me about Asics, I can never seem to get the sizing entirely correct. They are however extremely comfortable due to the solyte cushioning they use. The k-leather is also nice and soft, and has a kind of gloss finish to it

7. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    That's what I am affraid of. I ordered jp28, as I wear 28 in other asics and onitsuka shoes. But I read that a lot of people have problems with asics sizing. Returning them to JP from EU would be kinda troublesome if not impossible, so I really hope to get lucky.

8. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Yea, the sizing is super off the charts for asics. Their C3 series is half a size large, which made me go half a size down with the DEstaque 5's, and turns out they fit true to size. which is annoying.

From my experience as well as what I've read online, the DEstaques fit true to size, so a us9 hypervenom would mean a us 9 in destaque, theoretically, lengthwise

derbyyank13 repped this.
  9. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Great, so unless they are too wide it should be fine. Geez, I can't wait to try them :) I am planning on making an unboxing video.

10. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    When I was going to buy my Morelia indoors I tried on the Destaques as well and I could go half a size down in them but then again my feet have always been really weird with sizing.

11. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Edit: beaten to the punch!

I remember! Had Kevlar lined in them or something, right?

I remember Fila sponosored Claudio Reyna too back then, so he was the face of the boot in the US!

@Dr. Boots would konw for sure though!

derbyyank13 repped this.
  12. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Claudio had his own boot line with Fila; three models I believe. He jumped from the brand

The ones (second model) that look like the Kevlar model were K-leather, but very similar, they also came in black and white. See photo:
    . [​IMG]

The first CR boot came in black/black/white, black/white/red, black/red/white, black/blue/white; you can find some pics floating around. The black/white/red were always joked on as clown shoes around my area, but everyone that was part of MD's ODP program ended up with some colorway of the above four, many with the black/white/red b/c of the uniform colors and they were like 50% off with the sponsorship.

13. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    man, the quilted forefoot......"paradise" feeling!

14. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    The FILA Tornado wasn't that what Reyna's were called?

15. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    His were just named after him, at least state side.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  16. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Maybe that's just the UK then...I could be wrong though!

17. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Hey guys, I know it might not be the right thread but I'm trying to track down a pair of the old under armour 4d insoles? I'm sure i saw them on rakuten once upon a time but I wanted to see if they were still out there. Anyone have any information or have a link handy? Cheers

18. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    derbyyank13 repped this.
  19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
  20. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Guys, guess what Mr Postman had for me today :)

Attached Files:

21. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    How do they fit! True to size?

22. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Yes! For me they are spot on.
    You know how sometimes a shoe is your size, but shaped in a way that feels to loose, or to tight in some places?
    This is completely different. These Destaque fit me as they were custom made for me, the length, width, height - perfect.
    It may not be like that for everyone, as we all have different shapes of feet, but mine are pretty average, so I bet the Destaque 6K will be comfy for anyone.

I am truly impressed by them.
    The overal quality is top notch, the K-leather in the front is silky smooth. A lot of nice details on the shoe, these have like 6 different textures on the uppersole all having that high end feel to them. Undersole is outstanding, ventilated removable insole, so-lyte and gel pads straight from running shoes.

I spent some time in them, dribbled around the house, did some kick ups, and they are so nice :) The comfort is unmatched by anything I ever owned. Zero breaking time. The touch and overall feel is flawless. There is no slipping, they hold perfectly. I presume they will perform at least on the Lunar Gato II level if not better.

There is one thing I would improve though - I would remove the Rhino Skin reinforcements on the side, and extend the K-leather further to the half of the shoe. But I don't know if the grip would be as good then.

jayc23 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  23. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    newone88 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  24. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://www.sochuteiras.com/2016/12/chuteira-puma-evotouch-j-white-true-blue-blue.html

"The Puma EVOTouch 1 Pro J is made of kangaroo and synthetic leather leather, already EVOTouch 1 Pro is made of super soft leather, ultra-thin and lightweight, the manufacturer calls K-Touch : a fusion of mesh EVOKnit and kangaroo leather."

25. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Do any links on rakuten do size 11 UK? I'm assuming know but worth asking...