News: Macau football

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Angsa, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Macau 0:7 Sporting Club de Portugal

2. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Macau 0:7 Sporting Club de Portugal

3. kemosabe83

kemosabe83 New Member

Manchester United
    England
    May 24, 2018
    i lived in macau when i was younger so look forward to seeing more news about macau football

4. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Benfica de Macau defeated Monte Carlo 1:0 and secured their fifth consecutive Macau Elite League title. Congratulations.

7. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Benfica Macau 2-0 Sporting

Benfica Macau won the league without a single defeat. The league season is over. There is still the FA Cup.

8. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A couple of stunners. Benfica and Sporting will play for third. CPK and Ching Fung will play for the Cup.

10. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  11. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

MUST CPK have won the Macau FA Cup by beating Ching Fung 5-1. It is their first trophy in the top division.

[​IMG]

Benfica Macau took third place with a 5:0 win over Sporting.

The 11-a-side football season in Macau is now over. Hopefully the players find ways to stay fit for the 2019 EAFF Cup first round in Mongolia.

12. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Macanese striker Leong Ka-Hang has signed for Lee Man. He aims to score ten goals this season. He joined Lee Man because he played under former Macau national football team coach Chan Hiu-Ming before and wants to continue with him.

13. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  14. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Macau national team player Lam Ngai-Tong has re-joined Wofoo Tai Po. But I guess due to his nationality he will not be able to play in the 2019 AFC Cup.

15. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  16. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  17. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Macau FA Development Team will enter the Chinese Football Association Member Association Champions League. They will take part as a special invited club and will not enjoy promotion privileges even if they won it. MFA Development will play in the Wuhan region and will feature mainly youth players plus a few 27-28 years old for competitiveness.

Macau FA hopes that the young players will be spotted and be able to join professional clubs in the mainland.

18. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #168 Angsa, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    [​IMG]

Macau Development Team won their first match 3-1 but lost the second match 0-4. I don't understand why the matches in this "amateur" competition are played so tightly.

In fact, I wonder why Macau doesn't play with this team in the Asian Games. East Timor is lowered ranked than Macau yet they are playing.

19. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Macau Development Team drew 3-3 with Wuhan Freeman. With 1 win 1draw and 1 loss, MDT has 4 points and advance due to them beating Hunan. They will play in the semi-final today against Wuhan Shangwen.

The matches are so tightly scheduled!!! They play almost every day or every other day! This is a real amateur league and the amateurs are the organizers.

20. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

MDT lost 0-2 to Wuhan Shangwen and are out of the Chinese Champions League.

Honestly 4 matches in 5 days is a little too much for anyone. I don't understand what the organizers were thinking.

Macau should have sent this team to play in the Asian Games instead. East Timor (ranked 190) is playing. Macau ranked 185 should be okay to play. I guess Macau FA missed the application deadline (again).

21. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Macau FA announced a 30 man squad for the upcoming friendly on 29 August against Solomon Islands. The squad will narrow down to 23 for the EAFF East Asia Cup qualifying round in September in Mongolia.

Chan Man and Niki Torres are not available to play. But Leung Ka-Hang (Lee Man FC) has returned from a year long injury. If he and Carlos Leonel can hit it off, then Macau has a real chance of progressing to the second round in Taiwan in November.

22. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]
    International friendly:

Macau 1:4 Solomon Islands

Captain Paulo Cheng thinks his teammates lacked concentration in the second half which allowed Solomon Islands to score 3 goals. Coach Iong is satisfied with the team's performance and they will learn from this match.

23. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Macau national football team have departed for Mongolia to take part in the EAFF Championship Round 1. Hong Kong based Leong Ka-Hang is in the squad but Lam Ngai-Tong is not. Carlos Leonel is also in.

I hope they win it and get to the second round.

24. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

2019 EAFF E1 Championship preliminary round:

Mongolia 4:1 Macau

Macau 2:0 Guam

Lam Ka-Seng and Leong Ka-Hang scored to secure a win for Macau and keep their hopes of progressing alive. But I think Mongolia already has the group done and dusted after beating Macau and NMI 4-1 and 9-0 respectively.

Macau needs Guam to beat Mongolia to have any chance of going through. Guam is good but I don't think they can beat Mongolia.

25. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Macau received a surprise gift from China and the AFC as AFC announced the ACL quarter-final second leg match between Tianjin Quanjian and Kashima Antlers will be played in the SAR on 18 September.

Ticket details to be announced. I wonder how they are going to handle the ticket sales.