MaaKAY VS. Ailton, who's the best striker in the Bundesliga?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by DerMongerer, Feb 21, 2005.

1. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Considering they both had hat-tricks this weekend, which striker do you think is the best in the Bundesliga?

2. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pfft...come on, let's not make this even comparable. Ailton eats the dust under King Roy's shoes. That fat Brazilian slob has no class and a poor overall footballer. If only he was half the athlete and man that Makaay was maybe then this could be argued.

3. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    oh - I can't wait till the responses start rolling in on this one. ;)

4. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ailton is fat....but he's a quality player.

Makaay gets the nod because he scores in every competition. It might not be fair for Ailton because he's not been able to show himself in Euro competiition, but too bad, Makaay gets it.

5. Schneisler

Schneisler New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    the best striker in the bundesliga? of course miro klose! :p

6. Moonsault

Moonsault New Member

Nov 8, 2003
    Germany
    12 goals and 9 assists. [​IMG]

The question should be "Makaay vs Ailtion - who's the better striker?" because there are still other fantastic strikers like Klose, Mintal, Petrov, Buckley or Berbatov.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Who is Maakay? Never heard of this player.

Anyways Ailton is a fatty fat fat pig, abosultely no competition between him and Makaay. Makaay is absolutely lethal infront of goal.

8. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Makaay wishes he'd be 1/10th as cool as Aílton.

In Aílton's own, immortal words: "Aílton machen Tor!"

9. MKO|||

MKO||| Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah Ailtons post game interviews are way more entertaining than Maakay`s.

10. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I think saying Ailton is a poor footballer compared to makaay is bullsh!t. Just last year, Makaay was the striker in the bundesliga who lost the most battles with defenders out of allthe strikers in the league. On goals, makaay failed to score as many as ailton last year even though he was playing for a better, higher-profile team and had a worse striker beside him than ailton had at bremen meaning that he even got more chances to score than ailton did. This year, Ailton again has better strike partners than Makaay, and has played less, but he will once again beat makaay inthe overall goalking standings.

As Alex K said : "Wenn Ailton spielt, Ailton machen Tor."

11. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    I think that the comparision of Maakay and Ailton is interesting as they are both woefuly underappreciated.

My natural response was immediately to say Maakay, but after reading these other responses I've changed my mind--- its Ailton, of course!

Mostly because the guy really deserves respect. All the BS about him being fat... who cares. Maradona wasn't exactly matinee material either. Ailton scores a lot of goals many of which he seems to create out of nothing. (and he's fun to watch)

Maakay something of a poacher isn't he? He'll disapeer for an entire game and then tap in a deflection -- or so that is my impression.

12. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Maakay really disappears sometimes, doesn't win many duels and is not that of a great passer but when he has the ball in the box there is no better player than him, he an awesome finisher.

I can't really decide ....

13. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Actually I don't think he is fat, hes just appears so and that because his neck is to short ;-)
    anyways, I think Makaay is a bit better, at least he made it to his national team (even though holland is weaker than Brazil I admit), but Ailton is one of the best BL players in the last years... atm Mintal is just damn strong!

14. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know what you're talking about. Ailton, more than anyone else disapears and waits for passes. Makaay works but it is his role at Bayern to wait for passes and make the goals, and thats what he does. You can't compare Ailton and Makaay for the simple fact that Ailton is a nobody outside the Bundesliga. Plus, he has no respect for anyone else and absolutley no manners. He insults his fans and is a disgrace to his teammates. Plus look at what Makaay did with Deportiva, that alone is worth the praise, the most goals in Europe that one year, that was unbelievable, and he has managed to keep up the broad goalscoring when switching over to Bayern.

15. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Don't hold back...tell us how you really feel about Ailton.

16. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Aílton ist ein Tor.

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    HA! and that would be an understatement.

18. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    damm i thought it would be pretty obvious that roy was the better striker

i think claudio pizarro is better than ailton aswell

19. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Claudio Pizarro. :)

20. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    AMEN

21. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Agreed, look not every great player will come with a great atittude. Maradona, who you mentioned, Romario, even Johan Cryuff. And yet when these guys were in their prime you surely wanted them on your team. And I think if these 3 players were "nice guys" they probably wouldn't have attained their legendary status.

I like Ailton better, again this is restricted to the Bundesliga. No matter what team I throw him on I think he could be prolific. And look at Schalke, they're a lot more closer to the title with Ailton than they were last year.

22. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Ok, ok you convinced me!

Of course, Ailton is much better than Makaay. There's no point in even talking about it.

23. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    1 Mintal 1. FC Nürnberg 17
    2 Buckley Arminia Bielefeld 13
    3 Klose Werder Bremen 12
    Makaay Bayern München 12
    5 Ailton FC Schalke 04 11

who's the best?

oh wait, he is no striker at all. :p

24. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think the quality of a striker depends on the fact that they aren't nice. You really think that all the greats had the personality of an a$$hole?

Also, Claudio is double the striker Ailton is. Even though he doesn't play every game at Bayern for the full 90, he scores on domestic and european level. He is also the captain of his national team.

25. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Hold it.

First you're knocking Ailton because he's an a$$hole and now you're saying it isn't a factor. If being an a$$hole doesn't diminish great players, why does it diminish Ailton?

Also, you're knocking Ailton because he doesn't play for his national team-- Would Pizarro get minutes in Brazil's national squad. I don't think so.

As for Makaay, yeah he scores a lot of goals, but he isn't exactly the first choice for Holland either. He might as well be Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.