México propone C.América con 16 selecciones

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by JAIME CHILE, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Until Copa América Chile 1991, Conmebol never invited NTs from other confederations.
    We were happy with 10 good NTs (with 3 groups like in 1987, or with 2 groups like in 1989 and 1991).
    Only in 1993 Conmebol started to invite Mexico and other NTs from other confederations, only for TV rea$on$, not for other reasons.

2. Hill Giant

Hill Giant Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And how this contradict what I said? If there wasn't space to add more teams they couldn't to do so. Is there another confederation with only 10 teams? Who can assure that no other confederations would like to do the same thing if they had so few members?

We can assume that CONMEBOL did make this expansion of participants' teams for other rea$on$ than sports, but this don't end with the debate in my opnion.

3. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I don't know if there is another confed. with 10 NTs, actually I don't care.

Well, Euro Cup of Nations had only 8 NTs until 1992. And that was great, they had only quality NTs there.
    Same thing happened in our Copa América until 1991. Venezuela and Bolivia were the only bad NTs at that time.

Now you have to watch very bad squads like Mexico U23 and Costa Rica in our Copa América.

We have 10 good/very good NTs in SouthAmerica, in my opinion we don't need bad NTs from other confederations.

4. Hill Giant

Hill Giant Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree with you that is a joke Mexico U23 participate of Copa America. But frankly, Bolivia wasn't the only bad team in the last Copa America. And I think that countries like Mexico and USA would be a great asset for the competition, and even teams like El Salvador and Costa Rica would make decent campaigns. As I defended before, to me would just be a matter of create a qualifying round.

5. rajale

rajale Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :rolleyes: Typical southamerican delusion

:ROFLMAO:

oh and btw Mexico u-23 "A" beat Ecuador, Bolivia and tied Colombia, all games played just before copa america in-all mighty southamerican soil.

6. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Whatever......

No matter how many times any of your team, beats any of our teams. You would still be a Concacaf member, and as long as you stay being one, your team has no vote on our Copa America. Besides, Mexico is only the "cherry" at the top of a very big bad "piece of shitty cake", which resembles Concacaf, to most of us down here, :p. And also when it really counted for Copa America last year, all three of southamerican teams beated your lousy under 23 team in group phase, where even Costa Rica had a better performance than you guys, with their under 23 team in their group.

7. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Oh really?? Your U23 won 3 friendlies? congrats!!!

BUT in the REAL games, you lost every single match. 0 points.
    I was in the Mendoza stadium when your U23 NT lost against Perú, and the team that Mexico sent to C.América played horrible. Accept it man.

8. rajale

rajale Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    These conmebol minnows make me laugh :ROFLMAO: , they act like they didn't know what happaned in Quito (specially chile).

oh, and congratulations for beating Mexico for the first time in like 5 games in copa americas history :ROFLMAO:

9. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    well thanks.
    a victory at the end will always be a victory.
    this last one joins with those of the WC, where Mexico has never beaten us, while we have beaten them.
    As said before : where it really matters the most.....
    :p

Btw, we do have ourselves a vote in whatever happens in this tournament, while you guys don`t
    :D

10. rajale

rajale Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What matters are trophies, and chile has zero.

and who wants the be in conmebol? se ve que les ha servido de mucho jugar contra Argentina y recibir goleadas de Brasil. :rolleyes:

11. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We have a FIFA World Cup, Third place medal.
    How many does your great country have ?
    What ? .........NONE,:eek:
    Not even a fourth place diploma ?,
    Better luck next time and cross your fingers that you don`t get another Conmebol team as opponent in knock-outs, or even the yanks, :ROFLMAO:
    At least you sure must be the overall world champion, when its up to friendlies
    Congrats !!!! (as Jaime said)

12. rajale

rajale Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And now copa america matches are friendlies? :rolleyes:
    I'm dying to see what 'southamerican-style' silly excuse you are going to post next

maybe:
    "everyone sends b-c squads to CA"
    "friendlies don't count (when we lost)"
    etc

I'm going to stop here, this thread is getting derailed by the typical southamerican delusion :confused:.

13. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The way, where we particularly played in those Copa Americas, where you stated about Mexican superiority, were nothing more than an experimenting camp, for our NT coaches of back then. So they were nothing more than a friendly game, with some of the players of our starting 11 in it. You got to realize that many Conmebol nations, use Copa America for the preparation of their A team, and not really expecting much from it.
    I`d say that 30 % of the participants of each Copa America, even up to nowdays, are there not expecting much from it for whatever reasons.
    Its a sad thing, but at least they are home teams and most of the time despite not being their A teams, they will be decent B teams, with lots of the players from the starting team in them.

Diferent is when your invited guest, starts doing it as well. If they want to experiment, well go ahead and do it at your own tournaments. Not on ours.

14. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo

Um, Brazil doesn't speak Spanish. There are also many countries in Caribbean that don't speak Spanish.

15. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    The Ecuadorian team always seems to do poorly in Copa America but perform much better in World Cup qualifying.

16. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mexico would struggle to make it out of Conmebol.

In the last 10 years Mexico is 2W 2D 6L against a team that hasn't made it out of Conmebol in 14 years. . . Colombia. Conmebol has depth throughout, same can't be said about Concacaf.

17. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Brazil is 0W 2D 2L against Norway...

18. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sample size.. & we're talking about the present.. many of those brazil losses happened before the turn of the century.

19. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Or the same 1993 Copa America, where Brazil also seemed to be a ghost, where even we beat them back there. Only to come back in 1994 to win the FIFA WC in the USA.

Or the 2001 Copa America, where Brazil came out prematurely eliminated by Honduras, to come back next year and win the 2002 FIFA WC in Japan-Korea.

Brazil is a classic example of a NT, that uses Copa America to experiment players, and sometimes despite using experimental formations, they end up winning it, due to how decent those teams were.

20. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    You're right. The last time they was when they drew 1-1 in a 2006 friendly. In 1997, Norway beat Brazil 4-2 in a friendly. 1998 World Cup, Brazil already topped the group before the last group game but coach sent out a strong team because he wanted revenge and Norway had to win to make it to the next round and Norway won 2-1.

Mexico record in the last 10 years against Colombia is actually 1W 1D 4L.

Mexico is 4W 0D 1L against Paraguay in the last 10 years and Paraguay qualified for the last 4 World Cups...

21. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i did fifa head to head and it came out to 2 6 6...but regardless, i think mexican fans overlook the fact that its not easy to qualify in conmebol unless you're argentina or brazil...which mexico is not

22. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Yup, that is why Brazil only has 8 Copa America titles.

23. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That one loss was pretty heavy though (Loss at the Azteca).

24. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Yup, a few weeks after Mexico got revenge by beating Paraguay 6-0 in Copa America quarterfinals.

LGRod repped this.
  25. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nobody said it would be easy to qualify out of Conmebol, but I think Mexico's chances are pretty good. You guy's forget Conmebol countries would have to come and play at Azteca and as we all know, that's an extremely difficult place to get points in.

LGRod repped this.