Luis Robles at Kaiserslautern II [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Zak1FCK, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Why was the game played at Pizza Hut Park?

2. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw photos from the other side and it was pretty crowded. Bear in mind the field this was played out, and I cannot find it right now, is not even Regioniliga capable. Maybe that side of the stands was roped off. Or more likely, they could not pack the house for an Oberliga side playing a Regionaliga reserve side that is being relegated and has not won a league match all year.

3. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like Luis Robles will not factor into the Kaiserslautern Amatures next year. No decision has been made yet, but they are totally rebuilding the team since there has been no consistency with players after the first team raided the roster. It looks like a lot are coming up from the U-17 team, which is in the hunt for a title.

If I hear a confirmed yes or no I will let everyone know.

4. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Another development success story for Americans playing for an "Amatures" side in Germany!

5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Another quality Martin Fischer post.

Hehe. You crack me up. What in the world gets into you?

I suppose Robles is another USMNT prospect you had high hopes for whose career has been dashed by the dastardly Huns. Mean mean Teutons! We'd have beat Ghana if not for Robles and FCKII!

6. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Luis had made quite an impression in his short time at FCK. I'm hoping that he won't be part of the amatuer set-up because he will be part of the professional squad.

7. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just having a little fun, but if you prefer insults be my guest.

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

I don't think the Huns are all that thin skinned. But if they neg rep me I'll know I'm wrong.

Thanks for keeping us updated Zak - I hope you will continue to.

9. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. JÜRGEN MACHO Austrian National Team Starter
    2. FLORIAN FROMLOWITZ U-21 German National Team Starter
    3. TOBIAS SIPPEL U-17 German National Team Starter (has been injured)
    4. NICO ADAMI U-17 German National Team Caps (has been injured)
    5. LUIS ROBLES

I wonder why?

FYI, Kaiserslautern produces goalies. It was smart for him to go there on a short term emergency bases. Besides it is not a done deal he is gone. He was not on the list the team released yesterday.

10. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well when someone flags the thread as inappropriate because of a personal conflict it makes me not want to. Sometimes the hassle is just too much.

11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I know how you feel, but rest assured there are people who appreciate it when people take the time to share.

Back on topic: If Robles is behind a U-17 he should look elsewhere anyway. That said, his spring probably wouldn't have been better spent as the no. 3 GK at DCU.

12. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're just a little sensitive then. And just to be clear, any "conflict" has nothing to do with your factual reports.

13. sportsfan232323

sportsfan232323 New Member

Nov 11, 2005

WHERE IS THE LINK FOR THE TEAM RELEASED YESTERDAY

THANKS FOR POSTING.....PLEASE DONT STOP

Martin comes off negative and pisses people off on YA but I dont think that is his goal. I think Martin is just very pro avid MLS supporter who is wants the talent to stay in the MLS.

On topic, I think the Germany Regionaliga experience is equal in quality of play to MLS reserves which is the option for someone who go abroad. Like Robles it is not like he will be starting in MLS. I have seen Regionaliga games and the envirornment both from spectator and training intensity not to mention money is much better in Germany. Truth be told 90% of the player would prefer to stay in US if MLS paid better and had more spots.

Tim Merritt a solid ACC player for 4 years played a year for 12k at DCU. He joined a 4th German league Oblerliga and helped play then to promotion this year. The team is owned by a Greek millionaire who pays Tim over 5 times what he made at DCU and Tim is getting looks from 2 Bundesliga teams. BTW Tim is playing with some retired pros like a ex Arsenal player who is 37 and plays 50 minutes and serves as a assistant. I would say that is a better learning envirornment than MLS reserves.

14. sportsfan232323

Nov 11, 2005
    why do we not list German Oberliga players as YA.???

They make more money than min paid MLS players which in my mind makes them professionals

Germany calls them amatures but they are paid. Some Germans also need 2nd job to survive but I think all US players are living of soccer and not working 2nd jobs.

15. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the kind words, but you are mistaken re me wanting players to stay in MLS in all cases. I certainly don't want players to play anywhere but where they want to play as it is their life and they have earned the right to make that choice. As a USMNT fan I want to see US players maximize their development, whereever the best place is for that particular player to do that. None of which has any relevance to this thread.

16. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is not on their site any more, but here is the Kicker Article.

Code:
    Wie der Klub auf seiner Homepage verlauten ließ, trennen sich die
    "kleinen Teufel" von den Spielern Nico Adami (Torwart), Thorsten Zinn 
    (Abwehr), Andreas Hesslein (Abwehr), David Seibert (Abwehr), Rene Ochs 
    (Mittelfeld), Alexander Nazarov (Mittelfeld), Stanko Pavlovic (Mittelfeld) und 
    Thomas Klasen (Angriff).
    And that is fine, but he took his disagreement with me on another thread(s) and flagged this thread as inappropriate. Trust me I can handle him, but why should I go out of my way to post info about a little known player regularly when someone who does not even post in the thread flags it. Just irritating.

To answer everyone's concerns about Robles staying at Kaiserslautern, I think it is a smart move. He gets to be taught from one of, if not the best, goal keeper coach in Germany. He gets some playing time, and has the opportunity to play for the first team on one of the most storied clubs in Germany. The Amatures will be playing in the Oberliga next year and he will get some opportunities. He certainly would not have anywhere near that in the MLS where he would be riding the pine in a league that is equivalent to the one he has been playing in this year.

On today's news, Robles did get some playing time in a 0-2 loss at home to FC Ingelstadt when Fromlowitz got a red. When I get the game summary I will post more info. It does however mean he starts in the next game, and will be on the backup for Sunday's Bundesliga 2 game.

17. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pobrecito. Once again, after the direct personal attacks you repeatedly make on me, both publically and privately, it is truly amazing that you can whine here with a straight face about 13 words and an explanation point, none of which mention you in anyway. Truly sorry to have upset you.

And a point of clarification, are we required to agree that the MLS is equivalent to the German 3rd level or would it be too upsetting to raise this issue?

18. sportsfan232323

Nov 11, 2005

I said MLS Reserves equal to 3rd League and ZAK said where Robles would have been playing (which would have been MLS RESERVES)

I would say the 2nd Bundesliga or Cola is equal to MLS

I dont think anyone on BS thinks MLS is equal to EPL or Bundesliga

19. sportsfan232323

Nov 11, 2005
    What did Romlowitz do to get a red card???

GK Fromlowitz is a nightmare head case. I was at a game in March and he should have been given a red card. He was out of control.

FCK ll was under pressure with no wins. Winning 1-0 at 70 minute F'witz gave up a goal to go 1-1 with 20 to play. He ran to the assitant wanting an offsides.....he was 2 inches from his face screaming for 3 minutes and continued to harrass the poor guy.

This GK lost his concentration and the focus of the entire team. GK was looking at the assitant and clapping his hands and thumbs up while the game is playing in front of him. FCK gave up 2 more goals in the next 10 minutes 3-1. FCK had the run of play until this cry baby distracted his teammates.

20. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unsportsmanlike conduct. I am trying to find out more details. It was a actually a yellow-red all within the same minute, so I think we can all guess what happened.

Fromlowitz is unhappy for not being the starter and in my opinion he has a good case. Both he or Macho can start for any Bundesliga club. That does not, however, excuse his actions and he is always playing on the edge.

Robles, did not come into the game however. Clauss, who is retiring at the end of the year came into the game. He is however going to be the backup for the first team on Sunday.

21. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I highly doubt that there was much "spectator intensity" for Robles, as there are hardly any spectators at Lautern II.

The team isn't owned by a millionaire. No millionaire can own a team here. No one can. And if he indeed makes 60k there, that's ********ing insane for the level he's playing at. They must love burning money in Oggersheim. It's not that some players need a second job in that league, most do.

22. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing away at non-reserve sides there are full stadiums. Playing in Saarbrucken is just nuts.

23. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Regionalliga Süd attendances are pretty much pathetic. There are about four clubs with a decent average, but even Hessen Kassel, who lead the league attendance wise, would barely make the top-10 in the Nord. About half of the league cosists of village sides with nearly no fans at all and Bundesliga reserves.

24. sportsfan232323

Nov 11, 2005
    I would have to agree with ZAK that the attendance is much better than MLS reserves games ormaybe I was a teams that have good crowds

I went to Regionaliga North HSV vs FC Berlin at AOL and HSV had 500 and Berlin 1500 ( caged and guarded with riot gear and dogs....singing and drunk ...very drunk and mooning everybody that would look their way) Atomsphere

Altona 93 vs St Pauli ll ...Oberliga maybe 1000..Pauli singing and waving flags in rain

Regional South FCK vs Ever at FCK maybe 3000

Oberliga Oggersheim at home 2000

And Oggersheim pay is not the norm.... a Regionliga payroll and the owner is rich and pulled a baby Chelsea and bought players that are 11 points clear to promotion to Regionaliga........How much do you think a 37 (not that old) ex arsenal player is paid......this guy hit a corner kick out of the air (one time volley in upper 90 from outside the D to tie and hit the winner with a diving header at the back post.....He would make the US NATS

25. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Well, sure, it probably beats reserve games. From that point of view RL Süd attendances aren't that bad probably (unlike in the South, in the RL Nord an attendance of 4000 wouldn't be considered all that great for most teams, though). You've been to some special games though (Oggersheim has nowhere near a 2000 average usually and Altona - St. Pauli is a classic derby game in Hamburg). Btw, I'm sure you saw 1. FC Union Berlin, not FC Berlin. This may seem pendantic, but FC Berlin is actually the former name of their arch rivals Dynamo, so Union fans probably wouldn't approve ;).

Well, again: he isn't the owner. Oggersheim doesn't haven an owner. This is one of my favorite BigSoccer topics, sorry :D. Malz is 34 actually (born 1972). And it's not completely unheard of that ex-pros can make a living at some Oberliga teams. But the fact that even a player like Merritt (no offense, but he isn't exactly a star yet) can make that much money on a fourth division side is pretty unique.