Luca de la Torre at Fulham FC

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 25, 2013.

1. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Youtube: Jimmy Dore, Secular Talk
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fulham needs to concede and play their kids already. They are 16 points down with 6 games to play. There's not a snowball's chance in hell they make that up. Are only hurting their chances of a quick bounceback to the EPL and solid transfer fees/loan opportunities.

De La Torre would benefit from this strategy and get 6 games to make his mark. One would think he'd be on the list considering he featured during Cup play. Should get a real chance to show his stuff at the top level. Surely he'd be a focal point in the Championship then.

2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He hasn't even played for the reserves since December. I doubt Fulham will suddenly start playing him in the EPL.

3. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Youtube: Jimmy Dore, Secular Talk
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I take that as meaning the opposite. That is unless he's injured, and it hasn't been well publicized. He's a squad player, permanently up with the 1st team, after his strong Cup performances. He started his last u23 match and it wasn't a bad result. They were reportedly dead-set on loaning him out in the transfer window. Then they didn't pull the trigger. That indicates to me he was part of the all hands on deck approach because the Titanic was sinking. Stashed him in case there was attrition.

4. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be, but it reminds me a bit of the Lletget situation at AV. Like Lletget, De La Torre is a technical player with some athletic shortcomings. Too good for reserves, but not convincing the coach to actually play him.

5. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle
    Dec 12, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    FYP...been a West Ham follower since around those days. A few senior guys in the squad at that time asked in the media why Lleget wasn't getting any time, or at least intimated as such. Has anyone come out for DLT in the same way? Just curious

6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enters at the half:

8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Tom Collingsworth, Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.