Lower Swiss Divisions [r]

Discussion in 'Austria & Switzerland' started by RobtheAggie, May 11, 2013.

1. Arrows

Arrows Member

Vitoria SC/Belenenses/Aarau
    Portugal
    Oct 29, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Some of the Servette home match are now shown on mycujoo.tv it's a pretty good feed and I do think the Old Boys match is being shown (also with French commentary). The Stadium is so empty though and devoid of atmosphere must be hard for the players. I just found out that the only full time professional team in Servette's division is Servette (I knew they were but didn't know the rest of the league were part-timers) they should be running away with this.... maybe they aren't motivated in the end they will go up.

I will tell you who won't be going up to the Super League and might even pass Servette on the way down... Aarau! What a mess! They have been a mess for the last 3 years!

It won't be Wil and probably not Lausanne (will shoot themselves in the foot I'm sure)... Who will go up? I guarantee this and you heard it hear first XAMAX! They will be back in the RSL which truly is there rightful place.

RobtheAggie repped this.
  2. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder as well about the motivation for the Servette players. They seem to be sleepwalking through some of their matches.

I agree that Aarau is in a world of hurts. Now Xamax to win? I am not sure of that, but they have looked a little better lately.

3. Arrows

Arrows Member

Portugal
    Oct 29, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    One thing I am curious about has Servette ever come close to selling out Stade de Geneve?

I admit a lot of things will have to go Xamax's way for them to take the title for one they must stay health as there isn't that much depth on that team.

It isn't like last season in the Challenge league when Wohlen, Lugano and Servette all looked viable to take it all this season it's like can I really see Wil or Lausanne doing it? I guess Lausanne isn't that far removed from being a Super League side.

4. Arrows

Arrows Member

Portugal
    Oct 29, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hey Rob... Just a thought and I'm sure others on this forum would agree... Have you ever thought of putting together a blog or website to provide English info/stories on Swiss football? Sort of what you do here but on a site? I know you probably don't have the time none of us do but I would be willing to help.

5. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    http://twitter.com/FootballSwiss is a great resource of English information about Swiss soccer. It's run by two guys: one from the UK, the other from Biel/Bienne. Both are great guys and know Swiss soccer inside and out. They also have a blog, but I don't remember the name of it. If you hit them up on twitter, they'll let you know.

RobtheAggie repped this.
  6. Arrows

Arrows Member

Portugal
    Oct 29, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Awesome! I had no idea. I will look into it.

7. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Servette has gotten over 20k once in recent memory, that was when they clinched promotion with a home win over AC Bellinzona. Most crowds even when in the RSL were around 5-8k.

8. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good idea, if anyone ever finds the blog website, I would love to know it.

9. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Servette with the win as they draw level at the top.
    @dhatch - How was the match?

10. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Promotion league has reached their midpoint. There seem to be about 5 teams pushing for promotion.
    Cham 34
    Servette 34
    Old Boys 30
    Kriens 29
    Rapperswil-Jona 27

I would be that Servette, and Kriens would meet the licensing requirements on the first try. Cham might have stadium issues and it seems like Rapperswil-Jona has had some finincial issues in the past with regards to their license.

Bottom dwellers

Stade Nyonnais 18 **
    Breitenrain 18 *
    FCZ II 18
    Etoile Carouge 16
    FCSG II 15

Bottom two are relegated.

The biggest surprise is Servette spotty record. They have had injuries, and many teams are playing counterattack soccer, but still, they have so much more talent and money, they should be well on their way to the title. On the flip side, congrats to Cham and Old Boys for stepping up.

11. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1st Division Standings
    Group 1
    La Chaux-de-Fonds 29 (This would be two successive promotions if they were to win the playoff)
    Bavois 29
    FC Azzuri 90 28

Group 2
    FC Muensingen 26
    Luzern II 25
    Delemont 25

Group 3
    Baden 32
    GCZ II 28
    Winterthur II 24

Nice to see some old LNA/LNB teams in the top 3. If the season were to end right now it would be the following teams for the promotion playoff.
    La Chaux-de-Fonds
    Bavois
    FC Muensingen
    Luzern II
    Baden
    GCZ II
    FC Azzuri 90
    Delemont

12. Arrows

Arrows Member

Portugal
    Oct 29, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I am sure this has been covered before... the 2nd teams of Basel, St.Gallen, Sion, etc. Can't be promoted from the Promotion League is that correct? I assume they can't due to the conflict it would incur.

On another note who aside from Servette is most BCL ready in terms of squad, finances and stadium? Any of the top clubs who may not get there licences?

13. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are correct, the II teams can not play above the 1st League. Stade Nyonnaise and Etoile Carouge have played at higher divisions. There is the structure in the club (youth programs, stadium etc) to play higher, not sire if the money is there. Rapperswil-Jona is generally decent, and Kriens has also played at a higher level.

14. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good news for Servette, they defeated LS 1-5 today. Take from it what you want, but that is a huge margin of victory.

15. Arrows

Arrows Member

Portugal
    Oct 29, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I honestly think Servette will be near the top when the BCL comes to a conclusion next season. 17-18 back in the RSL?

16. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Servette has the Franco-Algerian Liassine Cadamuro-Bentaïba on trial. He is a former Real Sociedad and Osasuna player, but was formed at FC Sochaux-Montbéliard.

Dereck Kutesa has injured a tendon and will be out for the entire spring. I am sure Basel is not too happy about this.

17. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bosko Djurovski has left Servette without guiding the team in a real match. Anthony Braizat will manage the team by himself.

18. Arrows

Arrows Member

Portugal
    Oct 29, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How will this affect the club if at all? Sorry I don't know much about Bosko

19. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was a former Servette midfielder that had been the Macedonian NT manager. I think that Anthony Braizat will be fine.

20. Arrows

Arrows Member

Portugal
    Oct 29, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Will be nice to see them back up! So when you read of these changes you assume some negative impact.

21. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good question. He and Anthony Braizat were to be co-managers, but Bosko showed up late, something due to a Visa issue. I think that Braizat will be very open with the offence and Servette fans should see a more high scoring spring. The key for this to work is for Servette to score early. Othewise teams pack in the back and try and strike on the counter.

22. dhatch

dhatch Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Hey guys, sorry i forgot to report back. I'm a little late, by a couple of months. Anyway, enjoyed the match. Servette Won 3-2. It took me a while to find out how to get to the stadium, i was staying in the nearby town of Morges and took the train in, followed by a bus. The stadium was not even 1/4 full, like you said they don't draw a crowd. I sat 50 yard line front row, and only half the stadium was even open. It was strange, i had to look everywhere to buy a scarf, only to find out the only vendor was back outside the stadium. They let me leave the stadium to shop, lol. Turns out the vendor ran out of scarfs, so i need to find one online. I did buy a sweet Servette track suit. Also, this was only a couple days after the Paris attacks and not even a sniff of police or security were at the game not even for a normal game day, it was very surreal. My impression of the play was that it seemed like both teams were full of young guys with potential. Some nice players actually. Anyway, i did enjoy my experience, thanks for the tips. I will follow with some pictures.

KensingtonSC and RobtheAggie repped this.
  23. Arrows

Arrows Member

Portugal
    Oct 29, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The following clubs are all lower division teams that I have followed or do still follow from a distance. I was wondering if my fellow forum members would or could render an opinion on which if any of these clubs could one day see themselves back in the Challenge League or possibly higher?

SR Delemont
    Locarno
    Stade Nyonnais
    Yverdon
    Etoile Carouge

24. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Cham

:D:D:D:D:D

RobtheAggie repped this.
  25. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stade Nyonnais recently made a push only to get in some major financial problems. Yverdon is a shell of what they formerly were. Servette qualified for the playoff with AC Bellinzone with a win over them when they were last promoted. Delemont is no where close. Etoile Carouge might make a push, but they are focused now on youth development and taking Servette players on loan. I think that the best chance is Locarno. Now when there were 4 Tessin teams in the BCL/RSL that was too many. With AC Bellinzone in the nether regions, that makes things more probable. Lugano, Locarno, and Chiasso all are within a very close distance. Yes I know the teams and towns are very different. I think that best chance would be Locarno.