Lotto Boot Thread -- Everything Lotto Post Here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Wellzsauce, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Antondkdk

Antondkdk Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Remember, the things i have said is about the old models, which is the ones with mixed sole and not the spinning stud :)

2. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Twist and go = garbage but mixed studs = good?

was that it? And why is the twist&go stud so bad?

3. Antondkdk

Antondkdk Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    I dont know, its two different models, Zhero gravity (old ones with mixed) and Zhero gravity ultra (new with twist n go) i heard that the old model were best so i got them and i like so far after third use today :)

4. bwright

bwright New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My son has a pair of the original zhero gravs (the ones with the mixed studs). He loves them. Long story, but they were set up with the soft ground cleats for practice the other night and at the last minute they moved the practice indoors with brand new turf. At one point his heel got "kinda stuck" in the turf and he noticed one of the long rear studs pulled out of the shoe. He found that one but 2 others were missing. He still has enough studs for the fg setting but he only has 2 of the 4 long sg studs. Any idea where you can buy replacements? These are the blue and white shoes with blue cleats but we'd be happy with any color.

5. maldini_mo

maldini_mo Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Montreal
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    anyone still own lotto's? im looking to get a pair of fuerzapura, not sure whether i should get the older black version or the new white and yellow one?

6. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Unless its the original Zhero Gravitys I really can't reccommend any lottos.

The twist n' go s have a tendency to snap. When we brought lottos into my shop, half of what we sold came back with the twist n go stud broken off.

HOWEVER, they may have improved the system and by all means give it a shot, and take my opinion with a pinch of salt. Just make sure you can return them if something does happen to them.

7. ZuhairiAlves

ZuhairiAlves Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have tried on the fuerzapura. They are comfortable but dont know about the performance. The first zhero gravity is the best to me but sadly couldnt bought one as one of my local shop was missing the other side of the boots. They fit great though.

8. whoswho

whoswho Member

Feb 10, 2010
    The first Zheros were the best. I owned 2 pairs. Looking for 9.5 old style if anyone has them.

9. maldini_mo

maldini_mo Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Montreal
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well i work at a soccer specialty store, and i'm getting them directly from the sales rep. So they would be about 70-90 dollars.

honestly we never had any complaints about the twist and go...

10. whoswho

whoswho Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Thank you but No.
    The originals were hand sewn in Italy. The new ones are mass produced and the quality went down with the price. I had no problem paying for top level boots as I play internationally. They felt like gloves on my feet. I loved them. I can still find some on ebay. If you find any old school 9.5 blue, red or black I would possibly would buy them, from a confirmed business.
    Too many fakes out there.

11. vujojosh

vujojosh Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  12. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^ i was JUST about to ask about them in this thread :p. So you must like them! I've never worn lotto before so it seems a little risky for me.. The only thing that really puts me off is the twist and go stud. I wish they would have given the option of a normal outsole.

The other question I have is that I wear insoles (pastic ones) but they fit in all my shoes (Including Vapor III's)...shouldn't be an issue right?

So you think they'd be worth the 90$?

13. vujojosh

vujojosh Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why would it be considered a risk? Just because they are not a main stream brand does not mean that they don't make quality products. Lotto is a very reliable company that just doesn't put a ton of money in paying pros to wear there boots, which is why you don't see them all that often. These have a very deep fit, so if you managed to wear your insoles in a pair of vapor iii, they will work just fine in these.

14. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They're a risk because I'm not sure how they fit :p. I've read that sometimes I should go half a size up for them.. also will that twist stud thing be good for turf? Probably not right?

15. vujojosh

vujojosh Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Did you read the review? I talked about all of that. They fit true to size and the twist n go is not something that you are going to notice at all, nor will it break. I have actually tried to break one off before with a flat head screw driver and I couldn't even do it. It's pretty much indestructible. Also, this is probably one of the best stud patterns on turf as it is not too clingy, like you get from most bladed stud patterns.

16. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I read all of the review..I'm just saying that metal studs are frowned upon on turf...but yeah I might give them a try..i just found another brand though that I might try too though... But it's more expensive and sort of hipster-ish (no not pantofola) ahha

17. vujojosh

vujojosh Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It's not actually metal. It is plastic with some kind of allow coating. If you put a magnet to it, there is no attraction. Metal studs are generally no good for use on turf mainly because the only shoes with metal studs are soft grounds, which obviously would be no good for use on turf.

18. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    thank you for clearing that up!! You should put that in your review! Unless maybe I missed it? but that's great to know thanks man

19. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    I'm using the Zhero Gravity and no problems so far. The circular studs work better on hard or synthetic turf (for dribbling and sharp turning) than rectangular ones. Also it's difficult finding a boot outside the Mercurial that fits perfectly around your foot. No laces are another plus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Highly recommended.

20. whoswho

whoswho Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Yes to the RED boots!!

21. ZuhairiAlves

ZuhairiAlves Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The zhero gravity ultra i dont recommend it at all. I got arch pains and cramps the whole time. Eventhough its already 3 weeks with 3-4 trainings per week. Maybe its just the shape of my foot. the previous zhero gravity was the best lotto produce.I am trying to get the fuerzapura L100 or the futura 100 maybe.

22. whoswho

whoswho Member

Feb 10, 2010
    The ultras are mass produced that is why they suck. The originals were hand sewn and better quality. I went back to F50's.

23. naplessharks23

Feb 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    i have a pair of the original zhero gravitys in black and white size 11 good shape with both stud sets the tool and insoles for sale or trade on swapshop if nayones interested

24. whoswho

whoswho Member

Feb 10, 2010
    To bad they are not size 9.5 or 10. I would take them.

25. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    I've only used them for a week but so far so good. They don't feel as sturdy as some other brands though.