LOST -- The Final season [R] - No Future Spoilers

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Ringo, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting a catch-all thread since news will leaking it over the next several weeks.

I got my season five blu-rays in the mail yesterday and watched the first two episodes, which prompted me to start the thread. It was so long ago, I forgot what happened ... and some of what happened I thought it was in season four. it's all blended together.

Usually policy -- no spoilers, and people are pretty picky about what they consider spoilers so be careful.
    crackpot theories are welcomes and encouraged!

So, how's this thing end? what are people's guesses?

2. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: LOST -- The Final season [R]

Ironically, I just watched the Season 5 finale last night. I have watched the entire 5 seasons of Lost over the last 2 and a half months.

I always wanted to watch the show but missed the first couple of episodes and realized that I could not start watching in the middle.

I love it. One of the best shows to ever be on network TV IMO.

My big question is, where the hell is Claire?

3. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[result]she's back this season .... so you'll get your answer[/result]

4. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh look, a spoiler already. Way to go.

5. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, I saw previews that showed Claire's face and I figured they wouldnt let it go unanswered.

I think Claire, Jack and Christian are a big part of what is going on.

I also think that the flash that closed season 5 is going to bring them to current times where they will be involved in the "war" between Jacob and whoever they guy is in Locke's body.

6. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As I said in my post, her face is shown in previews for season 6 so it really isnt a spoiler.

7. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Would it ********ing kill you not to talk about stuff that isn't in the show itself?

8. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ok, if it was a spoiler I honestly apologize. BUT, it's not a secret ... every story written about Lost mentions it. Hell, they mentioned it a year ago when she wasn't in season five. Things that are widely and publicly available, and have been for about a year, don't count as spoilers in my book. I don't think saying which actors are on the show count as spoilers.
    but if it bothered you, i'm sorry .... :)

9. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Basically, if it's not on the show itself, please don't mention it. A lot of people just watch the show.

10. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

in the past, things that have been broadcast on ABC have been considered non-spoilers. That was on ABC.

11. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This same discussion came up a few years ago. I don't watch the show, but it seems the very loose compromise/consensus was:
    -- Only discuss what is broadcast
    -- Please put previews in results tags.

As a neutral here, that's my take. I'll change the thread title again, as in the past, to include "No Future Spoilers"

Any other suggestions, or group consensus, to the contrary and I'll be glad to help.
    CyC

PS: For historical perspective here's two posts from this spoiler discussion a few years ago:

12. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ok, please clarify then ... because ABC BROADCAST a commericial with that character listed. it wasn't a secondary source -- if the Lost people are putting it on ABC, it's legal -- right? I know some people don't even like discussing the promos for next week's episode, which I think is a little much.
    that's why I didn't consider this a spoiler. i'll certainly be more careful in the future (I've been spoiled before) ... but I really think I'm innocent on this one.
    thanks!

13. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Broadcast in a commercial is outside of broadcast in an episode. It's like a preview at the end of an episode more than it is like an episode itself.

14. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

that's what I want clarified. because a) it was broadcast and b) it wasn't by a secondary source. I think previews and ABC commericials are fair game, and have been in the past. anything the Lost producers put on ABC just can't be considered a spoiler, in my opinion.
    Crimien was right that stuff from secondary sources is spoiler territory.

15. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My 2 cents ... if it's been broadcast on TV (regardless if it's a promo or not), and you don't need the internet to watch or read it, then it's fair game.

16. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Can we just get this over and done with, drown Ringo (and if he doesn't drown then we can burn him) and get back to.... oooohhh the anticipation of it all!

17. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    drown me. burn me. I have sinned and probably deserve it.

18. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Anyone know exactly when it starts?

19. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    When we find out Jack is actually a reptilian Frenchman conducting experiments on mind control and global domination; it's how the sixth season starts. Ooops... :eek:

I think it's Feb 2nd/3rd in America, probably a few days later on this side of the ocean.

20. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is it so important to you guys not to spoiler tag something that is different from the episode itself?

There's the episode. And then there's everything else. It's clean. it's easy.

It doesn't harm you in any way to put tags on it, and other people would appreciate it if you did.

That should be enough reason.

21. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't put spoiler tags on television commercials ...

22. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you have no interest in anything that hasn't already been broadcast, then why are you looking in the final season thread when the final season hasn't aired yet? of course there's going to be an element of "spoilage". why even bother with the thread if there's no speculation based on things that are already out there? sheesh.

23. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're talking about posting in this thread. It's not complicated.

Again, what is the benefit to you of fighting this?

24. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you are completely missing the point in the interest of helping your friend win a dumb internet fight.

I almost feel bad typing this out, since it is so obvious and I don't mean to offend anyone's intelligence.

After an episode airs, there is a preview for the next week - these previews have been ruled off limits. Later in the week there might be a commercial preview for the next episode. It is absurd for one to be permitted and the other not. Thus in keeping with the decision already made, the later commercial is off limits.

Another point against talking about commercially aired non-episodic material is that many people watch episodes online, or on a dvr, or via itunes. As a result, they don't ever see commercials (it's awesome, you should try it).

All that is being asked is that if you must discuss this stuff, just as you would put preview material in tags, put this in tags. It would be appreciated.

I'm looking in this thread because I want to and because the previous season's versions of these threads involved people being considerate.

The very exchange that prompted this discussion proved the point: a lot of people haven't seen previews. Now they know things they wouldn't otherwise have known about things yet to air in episodes.

I wish I were bewildered that people are so deadset against being considerate.

25. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok, no they haven't been ruled out ... they haven't been in the past and it's unclear if they are now. personally, i think it's silly not to be able to discuss what happens within the hour that ABC broadcasts Lost. I'm bewildered by your stance. I really am.

and it's not being inconsiderate ... you just have different preferences. isn't it equally inconsiderate to expect everybody to conform to you?

previews aren't spoilers. bottom line ... spoilers imply having knowledge of something that nobody else knows about. Stuff broadcast on ABC isn't, be definition, a spoiler. It just isn't.

1 person likes this.