Los Angeles FC v. Houston Dynamo , Wednesday, September 25

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Sep 22, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed Sep 25, 2019.
  1. Dynamo win

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Dynamo tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dynamo lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. This stopped being funny a long time ago.

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    I know you're right but what else is there to do but pray for the best? Sucks man.

2. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This is the really frustrating part. Anyone with half an ounce of sense knows that if you can't keep your long-time fans you are doomed, and new people you try and bring in because it is "cool" won't have an ounce of the loyalty those long-term fans had and will bolt very quickly if you can't put a strong product out on the field. It's a losing strategy unless you invest in the team and can hold the interest of those new people.

Dynamo_Forever, ElNaranja and *rey* repped this.
  3. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Honestly have to admit to surprise that it is that good. I'd have thought 30-40% wouldn't renew. Given the frustration out there with the team and all of the generally unhappy people, only 20% not renewing strikes me as good. I mean, it is bad, but relatively speaking it's not as bad as it could have been.

4. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm sure Arnaud is axed at the end of the season (Jordan needs a new coach so he can ask for a mulligan on 2020), but I think he's done a decent job after moving on from the old Cabrera tactics.

There's a ceiling to what we can achieve based on personnel and relative to the league we lack quality across a lot of positions and have zero depth.

CeltTexan repped this.
  5. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Robbie Findley decision was on of the absolute worst calls I've ever seen by a manager. Horrible call by Bob on that one and one he won't forget I'm sure.

Westside Cosmo repped this.