Los Angeles FC v. Houston Dynamo , Wednesday, September 25

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Sep 22, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed Sep 25, 2019.
  1. Dynamo win

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Dynamo tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dynamo lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. This stopped being funny a long time ago.

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Who: Los Angeles FC v. Houston Dynamo
    When: Wednesday, September 25 @ 9:30 pm CDT
    Where: Banc of California Stadium; Los Angeles, CA
    Records: Los Angeles FC (19-4-8), 1st place WEST
    Houston Dynamo (11-16-4), 10th place WEST
    TV: KUBE-57/TeleXitos 47.2
    Radio: HoustonDynamo.com/radio / 1010 AM Univision Radio (spanish)

This is the 32nd league game for Houston and for Los Angeles in the 2019 MLS regular season.

The Dynamo lost, 1-3, in July at home to LAFC earlier this year. The last (and only previous) time Houston went to LAFC was a 4-2 loss in October of 2018.

Los Angeles FC is 0-1-4 in their last five league games scoring 7 goals and allowing 9. Their most recent league game was a home draw, 1-1, against Toronto on September 21. They are 11-1-3 in home league games so far this year. After the Dynamo game they travel to Minnesota on Sunday, September 29.

The Dynamo are 2-3-0 in their last five MLS games scoring 6 goals and allowing 9. Houston is 2-13-0 in away league games this year.

The Dynamo next travel to RSL on Sunday, September 29, before returning home for the season finale against the LA Galaxy on October 6.

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Dynamo @ LAFC, all-time:

10/12/18 LAX 4-2 HOU

You can do the math.

7seven7 repped this.
  3. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    Oh Newtex, your 4th options on the poll haven't stopped being funny.

4. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    We will see how good of a coach Arnaud is by how the team plays this game.

5. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ummm. Right. I’m not sure if this was intended to be satirical or something. Of course no one believes any one result says anything about how good a coach might be.

Varus, ElNaranja and DynamoManiac repped this.
  6. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    Eh...if we lose by 3 goals or less, I'd say he did about as good a job as he is capable.

7. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LAFC striker Diamonde has left their team for personal reasons. If you recall he is their big man up top that had the looping header right before the half when they played us here. A good back to the goal center forward as there is in this league. And links up well with Vela. #99. So there is that for us.

Still, their team is the class of the league this season. Getting some points off them on the road, sheet, would be damn near a miracle!

To out wit Bob Bradley is not some notch on a man's belt. I mean the man started Robbie Findley at a World Cup! And then did it a second time just for good measure!!!

8. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    prediction: this might be the game Carlos Vela ties (or maybe even surpasses) the season goal record.

ElNaranja repped this.
  9. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the Flint Michigan MEGA BOWL! BE THERE FOR THE SHOW!!!

WE ARE GOING TO WIN 4TH PLACE!!!
    EVERYONE TOGETHER! 4th PLACE!!! 4TH PLACE!!!
    images (4)_1534451797899.jpeg

Err, for our Dynamo, it is the disowned Brothers Bowl down at BBVA when LAG comes to town!
    We are going for 16th place!!!

10. Dynam0

Dynam0 Member

Arsenal
    Feb 3, 2018
    Houston, Texas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    I'm lucky that since I got to get up early in the morning to go to work, I won't stay up to watch this massacre. I'll find out if Vela got a double hat trick in the morning...

11. OnceAggie

OnceAggie Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    no elias what is he saving him for the first round of the playoffs? smh

12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, it's like LAFC hit a wall late in the season. But still a lot of talent on that field.

13. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tomas Martinez will probably prove me wrong, but he's got 3 assists in 2100 minutes of game time this year. Like 1 assist every 7 game for a DP #10. Not cutting it

TX Bill, CeltTexan and *rey* repped this.
  14. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Reminder: we’re enamored of Christian Ramirez on the Dynamoz, but he was a surplus forward for LAFC.

15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well at least we can still spoil the Galaxy season for certain fans . . . Uh no

*rey* repped this.
  16. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    So we lost by 2 goals but they scored 4....I'll claim a half victory.

17. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Finally ended the remaining crazy talk of making the playoffs.

18. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i thought you guys were making it up until i saw people talking about it.

i mean yeah, anything is possible, BUT!

19. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at our club's Dash game last night, so right after final whistle I sprinted, if that is possible for my ass these days! HAHA!, over to Kangs and got to watch us score, celebrate the equalizer with my buddies and then right after that the borderline PK to VAR review now Free Kick that Vela smashed off the crossbar. And damn it all it their match winner was as lucky as rebound as a player will find when the Figueroa miss kick caroms of the crossbar and right to f'n Rossi to head home. The ball literally fell into his run back post.
    I mean for a while I thought we just might be able to hold off the LAFC attack. But that team Bob has got is, even when not firing on all cylinders, still the class of the league.
    On to screwing over LAEG!!!

FOREVER ORANGE and DALE DYNAMO!!!!!!!!

20. Dynam0

Dynam0 Member

Arsenal
    Feb 3, 2018
    Houston, Texas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Jordan should be fired today. If not, “change” is not coming in 2020

*rey* and ElNaranja repped this.
  21. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our old coach Cabrera has now gone on from being fired by Jordan to winning a domestic trophy for the team that immediately picked him up!
    Montreal just defeated eternal rival Tonto FC last night to win the Voyageurs Cup. Marinate on this one fellow Houston Dynamo junkies. That is two straight years that Wilmer Cabrera has seen his team win a domestic Cup. In two different nations no less!

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/soc...o-win-voyageurs-cup/r4a8naw4tb7q151el6bihx3h9

Dynam0 repped this.
  22. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    And that's that. Rollercoaster year, best start ever to being eliminate from the playoffs. I'm glad it's finally done. I hope we get some changes, some investment, some home. I hope.......

Dynam0 repped this.
  23. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    On the other hand, they were in a playoff spot when he joined them and have since dropped 5 points out of the playoffs.

Westside Cosmo, Ethos and ElNaranja repped this.
  24. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    This.

25. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a thought here.

Anyone with the least bit of football sense has known for some time that this team was not good enough and would probably not make the playoffs. In spite of the pressure brought via media (The Athletic, The Chron) and through social media, the organization has done nothing except make vague pronouncements and continues to hemorrhage season tickets. In fact, as of the new FO imposed renewal date cut off, 20 % of 2019 season ticket holders had not renewed.

One would have thought that if indeed there were to be some serious changes for the coming season to include additional investment necessary to compete in a soon to be 28 team league, there would have been some kind of announcement.

An announcement by the FO on behalf of ownership prior to the loyalty tier cut off date would have gone a long way to help stem the bleeding of season tickets. But I just don't think that is the strategy. The strategy seems to be built on finding new customers who find the sport to be "cool".

It's really sad.