Lord of the Galácticos - Florentino Perez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ananas, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Giving full control to any coach is dangerous, but the current state of this team, we need to provide this autonomy to a coach with a vision and a plan.

As we've seen with Zidane, he has made some wrong decisions with personnel (James, Kepa deals). But I think his positives far outweigh the negatives. He is a brilliant manager, and has an eye for talent and does get the best out of players.

RMSocrates, Stiliyan and Umar repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Kepa was wrong? Hindsight says we dodge a bullet with Kepa who is even worse than Courtois on form yet arrogant.

James wouldn't have been an issue if our President actually replaced the players he moved away.

Zidane isn't perfect, but he is perfect for us. He fits us like a glove and with the right support we'd remain titans.

RMSocrates, Anon., Umar and 1 other person repped this.
  3. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    It would be amazing news to have him back. Only 2 things I’m afraid of.

1) Will Zidane want a young striker or all in on Benzema again? We really need a young striker to come this summer.

2) What will happen with Ceballos? He can be one of the best midfielders of the world one day, but didn’t have a good relationship with Zidane. Will Zidane give him the spot he deserves?

Anyway, hopefully this is true, but I think he will choose for Juve.

4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Juve with 35 year old CR7, donkey midfield and grandpas playing at the back, vs. new project at RM.... Hm... Tough choice.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I think if I had to choose between Courtois for 35 and Kepa for 20, I'll choose Kepa. Zidane doesn't tolerate the same nonsense that's allowed to go on at Chelsea.

Stiliyan repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Kepa has been pretty poor...

Anon. repped this.
  7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    But so has Courtois.

To be fair to Zidane, we don't know what his plan for the summer was. His faith in Navas proved correct during that season and beyond, but I wonder what his vision for long term replacement was.

Prit Javier repped this.
  8. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    If we get Zidane back, this season will be worth it. If we get Mourinho I’m probably staying switched off from the matches, the football will be so dour and you can’t win with just tight defence nowadays.

9. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Luka :whistling:

Anon., Digital, natenate101 and 2 others repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Especially if Florentino learns his lesson and supports Zidane 100%.

This embarrassment could lead to even more extended greatness.

We need to get Zidane first. Mourinho just can't be the option.

11. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How did you come to this conclusion? I haven't watched many Chelsea gamea this season but there were talks about crucial saves from him.

12. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think I can process the thought of Zidane coming back with full control of the team and Perez being resigned to signing cheques. I really hope reality would live up to expectations in that scenario.

RMSocrates and Drouchk repped this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Balance between the coach and the board/president would be the best thing. You can't give one or the other full control. Imagine if we had given JL full control over transfers.

The club thinks long term but you have to give the coach 2-3 signings that he really needs for his system.

temesgen repped this.
  14. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kepa would have been a bargain for 20ME and we could have just loaned him out to a club like Roma, Valencia or Sevilla for a year or two until a decision could be made on Keylor, Courtois and Lunin.

We narrowed our short and long term options from multiple into one, and it looks like the wrong pick.

15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Rodrigo for 100ME and Hazard for 200ME but competing for trophies in March.

16. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To get him back, we're going to have to lean very heavily into giving him significant control over who we buy, sell and who he plays. Perez can no longer have his favorites that cause him to overrule Zidane or be asleep at the wheel during the transfer market when the manager requests certain reinforcements. This scenario is different because we're basically trying to bring Zidane back less than a year after he left for very specific reasons in the first place.

Long term is fine and well but if we are asking Zidane to come back it's going to be on his terms way more than ours. That's the only way I see him coming back otherwise he might as well not bother.

17. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1792 meringues, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Bringing back Mourinho would be a capitulation of the highest form to a petty troll who holds himself above the club and treated it disgracefully on the way out. To top it off his recent record is an abomination. Just the thought of it is galling.

I want ZZ back but a part of me wants him to stay away. There is no way he is going to be able to repeat the unbelievable job he did. And I don’t want his legacy tarnished if it goes south.

This decline started under ZZ, when some of the more senior figures started tuning him out. Last year’s CL was a blip and shouldn’t obscure that fact. I think we’d need some significant turnover to make it work.

RMSocrates, Anon., Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  18. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't believe a rumor that starts with Perez begging for Zidane to come back and that he'll give zidane full power.
    that never happened.

19. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I posted about it. It was last summer.

It was confirmed when a friend of Zidane told a spanish media (AS IIRC) that Zidane told him so during a dinner.

What Zidane wanted:

- Hazard. (note that in France, RMC, and TeleFoot claim that Zidane wanted Hazard for two years already)

- Not Neymar. In the article I talk above, it was said he didn't want Neymar at all, and told so to Perez.

20. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Bringing Mourinho will destroy all the investment in youth players for the last 5 years. He would never play Vini, Rodrygo, Brahim and all the other young talents we have just like he couldn’t handle Martial, Rashford etc.

21. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I only find this believable as we have suggested the disagreement between Flo and Zizou was over Bale and now Flo has decided to get rid of him so he phoned Zidane to tell him that and to reconsider taking the job back.

22. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In hindsight, this was a great decision. I hope that twat never sets foot in Madrid.

Anon. repped this.
  23. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I want to remember people that El Chringuito throw things at people all the time even when it's false.

So I have to remember you all that they claimed via Pipi Estrada that till september 30, 2018, MBappe was still a Monaco player and that UEFA/FFP was about to ask PSG to send him back to Monaco before the summer mercato deadline.

The rumor had a source if you searched internet, a twitter account of a fake vip RM insider that publishes fake news.

While PSG, french medias, and even UEFA via Ceferin said spanish were spouting lies all around.

You can add the like 40 rumors/claims about Neymar that never turned true at all.

In short, hold your horses if you don't want to be disappointed because there's 90% chances that it will not happen if the only source is Chiringuito de Jugones.

24. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Theo Zidane is still only 16, I think Zidane comes back in 2 years when he is ready for that first team promotion :p

25. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This, all of this!!

Zizou was it and now looking back at it, damn if only Perez listened to and gave Zizou what he wanted especially after his success in first season.

Awful to think of what could have been, only thing worse is thinking of Mou returning which might actually happen...SMH