Lord of the Galácticos - Florentino Perez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ananas, Sep 3, 2014.

1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We spent almost €150M.... didn't we make over €120M when we sold Cristiano, Lienhart, Torro, etc?

2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Fair enough about the stadium.
    Regarding the market however We still could have made moves there despite the lack of many world class players available on it, there still were players who could have improved this squad, this new approach of always trying to get the cheap deal is fine and good but sometimes you have just have to spend especially when your situation is so dire that Lucas Vasquez of all people becomes an undisputed starter in your team.

3. kurskolajno

kurskolajno Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mourinho pretty much set the foundation for the success we had. I wanted him gone in his final season but now its time for him to come back.

The way the team played back then was wonderful to watch.

Serengeti_Boy and Eddie repped this.
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes. But didn't really invest 180 ME we offered for Mbappe before selling Ron so that should add up as well. There was a cash balance of 178 ME in 2017 report.

Flo was apparently willing to offer 300 ME for Neymar if PSG would listen last summer as well. I don't think we have shortage for cash for Galacticos.

https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/...t-6746-million-euros-88-higher-than-last-year

5. kurskolajno

kurskolajno Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Could have listened to many of us in game and transfer threads the past 24 months. None of this is surprising.

Anon. repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  8. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    Jose Rodriguez played in Israel and failed :)

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Balague:

“This is a very clear situation,” he said on his YouTube channel. “The situation is Florentino Perez, who is the boss at Real Madrid as well as the chairman, wants Jose Mourinho back. There’s no doubt about that.

“Everybody around him that has got an opinion and a voice and a voice with weight are telling him: ‘don’t go for Jose Mourinho.’

“In the same way as we said in the past that two top presidents of big clubs in Europe told [Manchester United executive vice-chairman] Ed Woodward not to go for Jose Mourinho, they are telling Florentino Perez not to do so either.

“So that is where the clarity finishes, because after that Florentino Perez will have to take a decision.

“Do I go with Jose Mourinho against the wishes of everyone around me? Or do I go for somebody else? The problem is, who is that other person?”

Real are in dire straits right now under Santiago Solari.

Back-to-back defeats at home to arch-rivals Barcelona, along with a Champions League last-16 exit at the hands of Ajax last night, have plunged Solari’s future at the club into serious doubt, with many expecting the 42-year-old to be moved on at the end of the season.

And Balague claims Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri is on their shortlist.

“I suggested something that came from an informed source within the club that something had been considered, it doesn’t mean they’ve gone for it yet, is that Zinedine Zidane could end out at Juventus,” he said.

“Especially imagining that Juventus get knocked out [of the Champions League], which is likely, and Allegri could go to Real Madrid.

“So still early for all of that, but certainly something on the cards.

“And, yes, some fans want Jose Mourinho ‘cos they feel he adds discipline and adds a lot of things that the side needs. Not so much perhaps the style, but for Real Madrid style hasn’t been the most important thing.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...z-Guillem-Balague-Massimiliano-Allegri-Zidane

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Balague at 6:32. This was before Ajax loss.

"Just like when Van Gaal was in charge, we might get a wave of opinions that it's Mourinho or chaos. It hasn't started yet, but I think it will happen. That may influence the opinion of Florentino who depends alot, census a lot what fans what, because he(club) does opinion polls through calls."

11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Ballague is a fraud though, he pretends to have sources close to everything when in reality he just guesses stuff lol he knows about this Mourinho stuff the same way we all do, the rumor mills.

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    From where does this "financial doom" bullshit come from? You have financial reports available on the net, read them for God`s sake.

We have cash to invest heavily. Not to mention transfers are payed in installments and we have ton of space there considering we have relatively low short-term liabilities. Also, we have tons of equity present in current squad to sell: Bale, Kroos, Marcelo, Kovačić, James?, Isco?, Mariano, Nacho. There should be at least 300M out there even if we sell bellow market price.

Buy Hazard for less than 100M - which is doable considering Chelsea cannot afford to let him free in 2020. Jović for 50M. Add another strong forward and leave Rodrygo for another year in Brazil or loan him in Spain. 70M for Eriksen. Militao for 50M. Alderweireld for 25M buyout. That`s <400M. We can have 100M+ net spent summer and completely rebuild the squad.

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm starting to like this idea more and more.

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Will Poch prove to be a winner or Lope 2.0? I like the style Spurs play with and he does a good job with youngsters, but it's concerning that he hasn't won any title to date. Couldn't even capitalize on the season LC won EPL. Don't want this to end like 2003-06 with no coach putting us in a position to compete.

16. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i think Flo wants Jose. but Allegri main choice here cause it seems his carrer in Juve over.

17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Perez should give Zizou everything he wants and bring him back. He was a great fit at this club.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Florentino: crisis cabinet until two o'clock in the morning

They talked about the pros and cons of the possible candidates for the bench for the 2019-20 academic year. The names of Mourinho, Allegri, Pochettino, Klopp and Löw are present. But a period of reflection has opened. Making a mistake with the coach could lead to a new fiasco. It is not a light decision. And there they are. The meeting lasted until two in the morning.

https://as.com/futbol/2019/03/06/ch...0YWRh&m2=QUNUVUFMSURBRA==&m3=MQ==&m4=bm9ybWFs

19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Mou - NO
    Klopp - NO
    Ballsack Smeller - NO

It is either Poche or Zidane. With signed blank - sum check for transfers.

RMSocrates, Anon. and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Low will stay with Germany until Euros. Klopp won't leave Pool to join RM. So those two options are off imo.

Felix from Marca says Mou not considered as they want a different profile coach even though he has good relationship with Flo. They also didn't rule out ZZ return 'cos his kids play in Madrid and he's a family man. Still lives in Madrid.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We need Zidane ro come back and save us. We're a better option than juve if Florentino finally does what he needs ro do to bring in Zidane's big targets.

I can't believe this isn't the most biggest media story.

We had a coach who was the perfect fit, perfect temperature and who also worked as a sporting director very successfully picking out younger talent and every big target he wanted has been on target.

If Florentino just got this man what he wanted and got rid of what he did not we would be on our way to 5 in 6 years.

RMSocrates and raven3k repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    La Sexta:

Solari could be dismissed before Valladolid game and ZZ could be the replacement.

1103294859295760389 is not a valid tweet id

Anon., raven3k and Starwalker repped this.
  23. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Zidana would never return to Madrid at least for next 5years
    Only thing is bring back Mou for the reminder season and next year ..
    Or the Solaris would end season ..god god us

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Madrid calls Zidane to save the team. Wonder if it's JLS reporting on La Sexta. They are showing his pic here.

1103295258060824576 is not a valid tweet id

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That would be a dream.

Because all of this Mourinho talk is just straight out of a horror book.

RMSocrates, raven3k and Drouchk repped this.