Lord of the Galácticos - Florentino Perez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ananas, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    "I'm absolutely convinced that Cristiano has complied with the requirements of the IRS"

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    "Cristiano Ronaldo does not want Real Madrid to pay the fine. He is not like that."

3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So really, what's the point of all this nonsense

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    A new contract? Him just being a big baby, demanding Perez to come out in his defense personally? Which he is getting now. Seriously wtf is Ronaldo's end game? To get the charges dropped by pressuring Spain, La Liga and Madrid?

5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks ZO5 for the updates.

Short of something moronic like the Barcelona hashtag campaign for Messi I think this is the most Floro could have said in support. He defended his character. Your turn Cris.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pérez: "Cristiano is a part of Real Madrid's history. He is at the same level as Alfredo di Stéfano."

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Perez to DLM: "You are an Atlético Madrid fan and Atlético Madrid fans would like to see Ronaldo go."

Pérez: "Me nor anyone else are contemplating whether or not Ronaldo will leave the team."

Pérez: "I want to talk to Ronaldo after the Confederations Cup."

Now he's addressing the fans that are whistling at the Bernabeu and saying "some players will not come to Madrid if there is whistling."

Pérez: "I have a great relationship and a great friendship with Cristiano Ronaldo, and I want to talk to him."

Pérez saying he has not had an offer for Ronaldo. Says there has been no offers for James Rodríguez or Álvaro Morata either.

raven3k and Zidane05 repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Pérez on @ElTransistorOC : "The only thing I know is that Cristiano Ronaldo is angry with how he has been treated in the media."

Not going on about Ronaldo having shown the Hacienda every document. "He has had no reason to commit fraud." Pérez going all in with support

Pérez: "Cristiano feels hurt, and he may have reason to."

Pérez: "I have never had a disagreement with Cristiano. If he was ever sad, then it wasn't because of me."

Pérez: "Ronaldo is not a guy that is going after money, he just wants to be the best player in the world."

Pérez: "I have no spoken with him, but I have been told that in this country they have not been treating him well."

Pérez: "If Cristiano wants to leave Real Madrid, it will not be because of money."

Pérez: "Ronaldo is not a business, he is part of Real Madrid's history."

raven3k, Deep Pal, Mimadridsta and 2 others repped this.
  9. doyouevenlift?

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Florentino keeping it classy like usual. May he be with this club for many years to come.

Doni, Deep Pal, Mimadridsta and 2 others repped this.
  10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Flo right now [​IMG]

raven3k, Doni, RMSocrates and 14 others repped this.
  11. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Classy af. Ball's in your court, Cristiano. Floro has given him every opportunity to save face, blame the whole thing on his agent/the media/whoever, and move on.

surgeon, Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  12. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Perez is right to be conservative about Ronaldo's possible departure. The team in it's current situation does not need such a drastic change.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Florentino essentially confirming that Cristiano did complain.

9Qui repped this.
  14. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    where

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Florentino played this perfectly. Strongly supported Cristiano then denounced how he had been treated. Also laid a great deduce foundation protecting the club's interest by stating Cristiano isn't looking to make the club pay the fine and that Cristiano isn't chasing a pay increase.

Now Mendes can't insinuate they want money or what the club to pay the fine or his client and him looks horrible.

It puts pressure on Mendes to come up with a better gamelan before his next leak to his mouthpiece A Bola.

raven3k, Mimadridsta, surgeon and 9 others repped this.
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Good summary from reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/6iae0p/florentino_perez_quote_megathread/

-Reivax-, Vector-SS, raven3k and 7 others repped this.
  17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Very good point in regards to him saying that the club won't pay the fine and Cristiano won't allow it. That's savvy. If there's one man you can trust dealing with this situation, it's Florentino.

raven3k, Mimadridsta, Doni and 5 others repped this.
  18. Airjao

Airjao Member

Real Madrid
    Mar 23, 2014
    There's an article on Forbes saying it wouldn't make sense for Ronaldo to ask the club to pay his tax penalties anyway, since that money would still be considered as income and therefore taxable, so he's back to paying more taxes. Now I'm not at all versed at this stuff, but if true then Mendes can't use this tax issue against the club after all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...es-but-that-triggers-more-taxes/#23e8dc3f3039

raven3k, J-Mezzy, S1na and 1 other person repped this.
  19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    That's a very good point. Floro has played this quite masterfully. So thankful we have someone like him leading the club.

The thing that annoyed me a lot is that Cristiano didn't even have the courtesy or the cojones to give Florentino a call. He's just letting this all play out like its not even about him. There's shit storm going on and you don't even call or text. What kind of a person does that? How is that showing any kind of respect or professionalism.

Even if someone else pays your fine, that money is considered a gift on which you have to pay more taxes. But I don't see a scenario in which the club would even entertain the thought of paying the back taxes. I mean, that's moronic.

20. Estel

Estel Member+

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From what I've read, I really liked two things that Perez seems to have mentioned during either his interview or his press conference, regarding this whole CRonaldo issue,

1) He said that Real Madrid pays its players gross salaries i.e. before tax income, and then the players pay taxes on their whole income, which would include not only the salaries but their
    income from image rights and any businesses that they own

2) He said that CRonaldo has the same corporate structure, from a financial perspective, as he did in England where he lived for 8 years without having any issues with the tax authorities

The above IMO distances Real Madrid completely from all allegations of having made CRonaldo use some club-recommended accounting agency or having anything to do with paying some part of CRonaldo's taxes i.e. an aspect currently under investigation.

With these above two points, along with the rest of his public address, he has basically put the ball firmly in the court of CRonaldo's camp.

21. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I like how Uncle Flo is flipping the table with this one. :thumbsup:

22. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is a reason Perez is this successful as club president and as a business man. He basically lined up the ball and smashed it... ricocheting off Mendes' face and into the back of the net. Your move Ronaldo's (silent) camp.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He is the ********ing Don. My stance on some of his actions is well documented, but there is no one better at playing the media game than he is. Take a seat and learn, Jorge. I guess the Falcao spanking wasn't enough.

9Qui, Shay Z, raven3k and 7 others repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Flo is a boss

Shay Z and Doni repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+