Looking for teams

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by Sporting Real, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm currently doing some research for a 'Division 4' league, and I'm looking for high level men's teams, ethnic or otherwise, primarily in Kansas City, St Louis, and Missouri at large. However, I'm having serious trouble finding anything outside of the St Lions and the and the teams in Joplin and Springfield that already have leagues. Has anybody heard about or know of some teams in these areas?

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I looked for a list of soccer clubs and I was able to find MLS, NASL, USL, NPSL, and PDL, but not United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA). I didn't find any MLS, NASL, USL, NPSL, or PDL clubs that you didn't mention. The Major Arena Soccer League (MASL) has Missouri Comets in Independence and St. Louis Ambush in St. Charles.

3. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Call the USSF in Chicago. I am sure they can help you with your soccer career.

When The USSF was in NYC. I called them to find a youth club for a recent immigrant into the country this was about 40 yrs ago. They gave me two clubs. They said it will be very good for the player's career.

4. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sounds like he's trying to recruit teams for a league, not looking to join a team.

Sporting Real repped this.
  5. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm...considering that soccer is pretty popular in KC and STL, the lack of adult men's teams is very surprising

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You may have misunderstood me. I didn't find a list of USASA clubs in any part of the country, so I can't tell you if there are any in Missouri. I wasn't trying to tell you that were no USASA clubs in Missouri. Of course, if there are USASA clubs in Missouri that have no presence on the internet, they must have very few employees (or have only volunteers).

7. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not what I was thinking at all. Managed to find a few, actually. FC Bordo in STL re-branded as St Louis Bosnian, and KC Athletics are actually still around.