Local 135

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by MAS117, Jan 29, 2010.

1. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I'm not. I have no desire to give my hard earned money to the Eagles and Real Madrid with the Union picking up the table scraps to be the away team in their own city. No Thanks.

2. RD58

RD58 Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree 100%, no thanks. If it was at PPL, it'd be a different story.

3. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I'm not going to shit on anyone who wants to go, mind you. However, my choice is not to pay the aforementioned clubs and watch on my own couch enjoying $0.01 water... :p

4. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are entitled to do whatever you want, but that attitude is a problem to me. We all saw what the Linc looked like last year. The reason that it looked like that is because so many of our supporters either couldn't make it to the game or couldn't be bothered to make it to the game. While I'll question no one on the first of those, the second bothers me.

We're supporters who are expected to support the Union, but because of invented problems such as "I won't financially support the Eagles," we end up being the away team in our own city. It had to be somewhat disheartening to the players to be treated like second class citizens in their own town when they played Manchester United last year. Every single one of us should be begging on the corners if that's what it takes to scrap together the money to try to make that never happen again.

5. RD58

RD58 Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's your reality and that's fine. To me, it's a meaningless soccer match in the middle of a season to create revenue. It's basically the equivalent of an Eagles pre-season game, which I also choose not to attend. If the Union "expect" me to support the team, then include this game as part of my season tickets.

As far as the players go, they are paid professional soccer players. Their focus should be what they are doing on the pitch, not what is happening in the stands. They are getting paid if I show up or not, so their feelings are no concern of mine.

I have had season tickets since the start of last year, but I'm not going to put on this "Union 'till I Die!" persona, it's just not me. I'm not that big of a fan of anything where I go crazy for a team, person, band, etc. My goal was never to be an uber SoB, it was to support the team and have a great time at the games. Mission accomplished.

6. local136RiverRat

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    This is why section 135 will the never compete with the 136. Hopefully the wind will blow out of the east next game so I don't have to smell the 135 for an entire game.

7. RD58

RD58 Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, not all of us were the head male cheerleader at our local high school like you.

[​IMG]

8. local136RiverRat

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    LOL, thats funny coming from the assistant ball boy for the womans bowling team. 135 is pretty much the worst section in TRE. I see how you guys stare at the 136 with envy.

9. RD58

RD58 Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's right, I was getting my balls shined up and polished by the girls all the time. Chubby chicks need some love too.

The main difference between 135 and 136 is that after the match people in 135 go back out to the parking lot to drink. I see all you grown ass men in 136 run down to the front row, hang over it and scream like a pre-pubescent girl at a Justin Beiber concert with the the hopoes that Danny Califf will throw you his sweaty jersey so you can whack off with it later that night while wearing your cheer leading outfit.

10. ofeydofey

ofeydofey BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 6, 2010
    Cinnaminson
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am from 136 and I go back to the parking lot and drink. That is all. Thank you.

11. RD58

RD58 Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HMMMMMMMMM........................ I don't believe you.

12. Wevy

Wevy Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    That was page 46, and it was called Attitude.

13. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Are you fucking kidding me? Now we're trying to talk trash amongst ourselves? Fuck that. If you want to start that shit with fellow supporters, I know a stadium where they welcome that garbage.

[​IMG]

14. gta95

gta95 Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Jersey
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Section 130 Row 29 in the supporters end here. Can't wait.

15. shenanigans62

shenanigans62 New Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Clementon
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had my tickets changed to the supporters section. Section 130, Row 16.

We are all individuals that support the Union. We don't always have to agree, but we should try to respect each other. Except for ChefJim. He has shoes made from baby seals!

I hear the other side. Not wanting to give money to the Eagles and Real Madrid, etc. As much as I love ChefJim I will respectfully disagree. :D

I look at things from the "Let's make Philly the top soccer city in the country!" side of things. It's not just about the Union. I want Philly to be the first choice for Gold Cup games, US National Team games, MLS Cup, MLS All-Star game, etc.

Professional soccer is a business first, a sport second. That's an unfortunate truth with all professional sports. Just like universities are about making money first, and educating second. PPL park was created with the ability to be expanded to hold 30,000 people. They won't make that commitment until they are sure it will financially benefit them. Games like this help to make that case for us. My dream is to see 30,000 Union fans rocking out at PPL park as we crush the pink cows!!!

I hope that in 10 years, soccer will have grown to the point that makes these exhibitions just about fun. But for now, I think that the MLS is still too young and soccer in America needs the boost from these types of games. And unfortunately, the Eagles and Real Madrid and Man U and Barcelona, etc. will all capitalize on that need.

But that's just my .01 cent :p

16. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Actually, they are made from Victoria Beckham's excess vagina, thank you very much.
    Fair enough. I'm not going to bang on anyone who wants to go, and you better be damned sure I'm watching on TV. I just really hate the whole idea of giving RM more money which they are going to use to try to lure Mwanga to Spain in 2014 or so.

17. gta95

gta95 Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Jersey
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we should steal 136's idea and make t-shirts!

18. RD58

RD58 Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See page 6.

19. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seconded.

20. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Thank you, everyone. While our team's result left a little bit to be desired tonight, my friends in the corner most certainly did not. Everyone in 135 was loud as fuck and totally on point tonight. Now if we could only figure out how to get an officiating crew that doesn't work for WWE, we could start planning the tailgate menu for the playoffs.

21. kabbott14

kabbott14 New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Tifo in 135 kicked ass last night. That is all.

22. TjPunx

TjPunx Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Chester County
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The noise and jeering in 134 was amazing last night. Easily the best section in TRE.

23. gta95

gta95 Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Jersey
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any pics or video of it? I was under it and wonder what it looked like

24. tehgraarg

tehgraarg Member

Feb 9, 2006
    West Berlin, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. MyCynideCathrsis

Feb 20, 2008
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is awesome stuff there. Well done 135, really stepping it up.