Loan Tracker (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Sep 1, 2011.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    True, that's why I said maybe about Kaprof.. But he has only featured 4 times for us, so I can't really make a judgement for or aginst him.

As for Cirigliano, I really don't know what to think about the guy.. First he was a complete flop at FC Dallas -not exactly Real Madrid-, and now he failed so bad at Tigre that they terminated his loan 7 months early... Considering how Tigre doesn't have extensive squad depth like some of the bigger teams, it is really surprising that they would take such action.. Besides, a starting spot in his exact position was vacant when he arrived there, since Arzura had just left the team. This shows that his performance levels have dropped tremendously or he has serious disciplinary problems, if not both.. I thought he might re-capture his form during this last loan spell, but at this point he just seems like a lost cause unfortunately.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree loco- you can't judge Kaprof yet. He hasn't been given a fair shot- especially when you think of how many games Driussi has played... Or say, Boye before him. Give the kid a few games and see what he does. He also scored a nice goal in a Copa Argentina game as I recall- the same one that Aimar played in.

As for Cirigliano- its clear that the kid is on a downward spiral. He clearly couldn't handle getting so rich so fast. I read he got a DUI in Dallas and thats why they wanted him out. Some people just aren't disciplined enough to handle fame and the riches that come with it

locoxriver repped this.
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Augusto Solari with a goal today to partially tie the Estudiantes-Velez match in the return of futbol argentino.

He did pretty well for them last year while on loan, and has started off this new one on the right foot as well

Ron Mexico repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nicolas Bertolo (yes, he still belongs to River) scored one of the goals today in Banfield's 3-1 win vs Union. Next week he'll face Lanus in el clasico del sur

Abel Casquete had his debut for Barcelona (ECU) a few weeks ago, goal included. His team is currently ranked 7th in the local league, but lead their Libertadores group (one game played -and won- vs Atletico Nacional, although he was an unused sub for that game)

Federico Andrada, who gave Quilmes 2 back-to-back 1-0 wins in November, has been on a dry spell since and accumulates 6 consecutive full games (not subbed off / 540 minutes) without scoring.

Augusto Solari has been starting regularly for Estudiantes, starting in all 4 of their 2017 matches so far (3 league + 1 Libertadores), scoring the aforementioned goal vs Velez

I haven't been following Defensa y Justicia enough to rate his game, but apparently Alexander Barboza has been putting in consistent performances. On top of providing defensive solidity, he also scored DyJ's only goal in their 1-0 win vs Newell's earlier this month. We'll have to see if Gallardo considers him when his loan expires in June, but the kid has already proved himself at Defensa for two back-to-back seasons and just barely turned 22 this month.

Juan Cruz Kaprof is also on loan at Defensa y Justicia, but hasn't been playing as much, mostly coming in as a sub off the bench in the final 5-15 minutes of the match. He did, however, start in one Copa Argentina match and scored.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Federico Andrada with two goals against Racing, giving Quilmes a 2-0 partial lead at the moment.

Right after I mentioned he was on a dry spell...

Ron Mexico repped this.
  6. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Right after Loco' s post Andrada's team was obliterated with 3 goals and one red card. Lol

locoxriver repped this.
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Alexander Barboza with another goal, this time in DyJ's 1-0 win vs Belgrano. He seems to score pretty regularly for a defender, a lo Funes Mori.

I've said it several times before, but every time I wonder more if Gallardo will finally give him a chance when he returns, or if he'll just be transferred directly elsewhere (numerous domestic clubs have expressed interest)

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Solari just scored a goal for Estudiantes vs Botafogo in the Libertadores... They're still eliminated from the Copa, but with this 1-0 at least theyre going to the Sudamericana in the second half of the year

Alexander Barboza was also on the mark (once again) a few days ago, this time scoring for DyJ in the Copa Argentina

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is interesting about DyJ's manager, Beccacece. He said he's going to be the assistant for Sampa. I wonder if that will mean if be will bring along Barboza to the sleccion in the near future.

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Barboza and Andrada on the mark for Defensa y Justicia and Quilmes this weekend.

5th goal of the season for Alexander Barboza, if I'm not mistaken.

SupaMario and megamac20817 repped this.
  11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Federico Andrada with a goal in his debut for Velez (3-0 win vs Tigre)

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Second game for Andrada in Velez, second goal... this time 1-0 vs Aldosivi

Maybe now with Alario gone he'll finally get a chance with River when he returns

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I highly doubt anyone here follows Osasuna in even the slightest bit, but any chance any of you have caught some of their action this season? It seems Arzura has been getting plenty of regular playing time, having 9 games under his belt since joining the Spanish side at the beginning of the season.. Curious as to how he has been doing.

SupaMario repped this.
  14. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Almost forgot about that guy. We sure could use someone like him instead of Rossi by now.

SupaMario repped this.
  15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is difficult finding any info on Spain's segunda división. Marca has basic information on matches but they do not really analyze player performances.

All I know is that Osasuna is sitting in first place. The good news is that he's got new secnery and playing time. I always felt he would be a valuable team player. If and only if Osasuna get promoted, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd offer to buy them from River or extend his contract. He was a very good player at Tigre, he had speed, wasn't scared of going into tackles and had a high IQ for the game.

I guess sometimes even a good player just doesn't fit for whatever reason. He's only 24 though, he's still young enough to make an impact somewhere.

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn... 21-year-old Zacarias Moran Correa finally left on loan in search of minutes, and in his first training session with San Martin (SJ) he tore his knee ligaments and will be out for 6 months..

megamac20817 repped this.
  18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Batalla is hot trash.

That is all.

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  19. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This leads me to think that the Real Madrid rumors when he was 18 were pure humo.

SupaMario and locoxriver repped this.
  20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Barboza with a key goal to give Defensa y Justicia a spot in the quarterfinals of the Copa Sudamericana for the first time in the club's history... Marcelo Larrondo is on the same team, yet didn't play. (He has only featured twice since joining DyJ -- both times as a sub).

Other loaned players:
    Auzqui and Rossi are regular starters for Huracan, who are on a 3 game win-streak

Tomas Andrade is a "rotation" player in Brazil, accumulating 15 appearances for Atletico Mineiro (3 goals, 2 assists).

... and Batalla is doing Batalla things pretty much on a weekly basis in Tigre, although he did stop a penalty from the bostero Chavez over the weekend, so there's that..

Ron Mexico repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Updated loan list (Jan 2019)

Augusto Batalla -- Union La Calera (CHI) -- loan ends Dec. 2019
    • Terminated his contract with Tigre 6 months early to join the Chilean side
    • Buyout clause included in deal (terms unknown)
    • 4th team in the 22-year-old's career (previously River, Atletico Tucuman, Tigre)
    Luis Olivera -- River Plate (URU) -- loan ends Dec. 2019
    • From being relegated in the reserves, the young leftback will now have the chance to play the Copa Sudamericana this year
    • 2nd experience for the 20-year-old outside of River (previously San Martin (SJ))
    Joaquin Arzura -- Nacional (URU) -- loan ends Dec. 2019
    • Terminated his contract with UD Almeria (ESP) 6 months early to join the Uruguayan side
    • Buyout clause included (terms unknown) -- River only owns 60% of transfer
    • 5th club in the 25-year-old DMF’s career (previously Tigre, River, Osasuna, Almeria)
    Matias Moya -- Banfield -- loan ends June 2020
    • Buyout clause included: $750,000 for 50%
    • First experience outside of River (4 games, 1 goal with la banda)
    Tomas Andrade -- Atletico Paranaense (BRA) -- loan ends Dec. 2019
    • Recently completed a 12-month loan move with Atletico Mineiro
    • Buyout clause included: $1,500,000 for 50%
    • Second experience outside of River
    • Will face River in the Recopa this year, as well as Boca in the Copa Libertadores
    Marcelo Larrondo -- Union La Calera (CHI) -- loan ends Dec. 2019
    • Terminated his contract with Defensa y Justicia 6 months early to join the Chilean side
    • No buyout clause; special clause included to terminate loan in June, if requested
    • 11th career club for the 30-year-old, and the 4th league he'll participate in (Superliga, Serie A, Uruguayan Primera, Chilean Primera)
    • First statement to press: "Las lesiones las dejé atrás, ahora lo que necesito es sumar minutos."

Nicolas de la Cruz was also sought in this window by Banfield and Nacional, among other clubs, but the offers were turned down due to lack of alternatives in the position after Pity's departure.

As of now, those are the new loans that were sealed in the current transfer window. The following pre-existing loans are still on going as well, all scheduled to conclude in June:

- Maxi Velazco (Defensores de Belgrano)
    - Alexander Barboza (Defensa y Justicia)
    - Leandro Vega (Emelec - Ecuador) -- $1,200,000 buyout clause
    - Ivan Rossi (Huracan) -- $2,500,000 buyout clause
    - Zacarias Moran (San Martin) -- recovering from severe injury
    - Carlos Auzqui (Huracan) -- $3,000,000 buyout clause
    - Juan Cruz Kaprof (Atletico Tucuman)

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its insane how many players River has on loan... Many of them HORRIBLE signings we couldn't sell on like Rossi, Auzqui, Larrondo... Then some pibes like Kaprof, who never got much of a chance, then others like Battalla, who its tough to understand why any team would want him. You could probably find any random guy on the street and he'd do as well as BAttalla at Tigre...

locoxriver repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Auzqui has been the same Auzqui at Huracan. Every now and then I see videos of his characteristic easy misses. It’s quite sad because it’s not like he’s a 19 year old who is still polishing his skills: the guy turns 28 in March. His time at River is done and he’ll probably leave through the backdoor like Bertolo and Tabare Viudez sooner or later.

Rossi is really bad, but maybe he’ll get another chance in the future considering Ponzio’s old age. Arzura’s case is strange since he showed promise in Tigre, but never evolved after that. He did however get regular playing time in both Osasuna and Almeria over the last 18 months, so maybe he should be monitored in Nacional. If we base it strictly on his performances under Gallardo, however, he’s clearly not up to standard.

Kaprof might be a lost cause. I know a lot of people were excited after he scored that nice goal on Sevilla, but since then he has had a poor spell in Defensa y Justicia and an even worse time in Atletico Tucuman (has only played two games since moving last June, both coming in as a sub). Sadly, it looks like he’s another Federico Andrada or Almerares — promising youth forwards that never developed into solid pros.

Of the players on loan, I’d say Moya and Andrade are the two to maybe keep in mind. However, their buyout clauses are soooo ridiculously low, that if they have an even decent season they’ll be lost causes. Andrade seemed light with River, but it’d be a shame if he ends up being another Conca.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would have kept Andrade and maybe Moya too. In the little I've seen of them both, I'd say they're better than de la cruz. I remember against Belgrano when Andrade was crying after his easy miss and Muñeco went to console him... Well De La Cruz doesn't even get in positions to miss! AS bad as he has been the first two matches of 2019, he was even worse in the CWC Semi, when he played the whole extra time and failed to even complete a pass... I remember how good Andrade was against Velez in his debut too, brilliant shot off the post. He obviously did well enough at Mineiro for Paranaense to buy him- a club that his the Sudamericana champ and now embarking on a Libertadores campaign

locoxriver repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jorge Moreira with his first MLS goal for Portland Timbers