Liverpool vs PSG - CL - Sept 18 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Sep 17, 2018.

1. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes - saw a good replay from a couple of angles. He won the ball - ie did what he was supposed to.

Same with the lucky bounce from Robertson

SamScouse repped this.
  2. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Disagree he clearly reacted quickly to the bad pass by Salah, and in alot of instances that would of bounced back and he would of been applauded for the step in.

Salah was not good this game. Don't protect him.

3. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    It is interesting. Who knows if either will settle in, but if they do. Captain Henderson may be seeing himself captaining from the bench as he started the season.

4. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Following up after my "negative" responses. These are the games we hope to see result out aw in. I would of preferred we stayed on top of our lead. A win and a good win However, need to be a bit more tidy. If this was a knockout stage game. We'd be sweating with their two away goals. Either way. ******** yeah Reds. Continue the undefeated streak!

Also Applause to TAA slapping lil Neymar around this game.

5. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Special mention to the PSG supporters - they brought it tonight and I hope our lads can do the same if not better in Paris!

Question - Are Milly's Pk's more clinical than Stevie's? Interesting minds want to know!

Wingtips1 repped this.
  6. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Salah f*cked up. I wasn't protecting him. Just saying I felt VvD normally would have stopped that.

7. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    WTF has Tommy T been smoking

definitely gone down in my book

8. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought VVD's tackle was good and the ball deflected back to Mbappe luckily?

9. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #134 imasyko, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Agree on VvD's 'block' - most times that ball would have bounced any direction except directly to a striker all setup for the pass. Unlucky.

And Milner stuffed Neymar 3-4 times in the first half - took the ball straight away from him. Milner was huge all game.

Great ending though! :)

10. canucksh

canucksh Member

Jun 2, 2015
    A great game and good win but there are a couple niggly concerns. First I still get annoyed that Klopp doesn't use the bench earlier. Mo should have been subbed 10mins earlier. He wasn't having a great game and their second goal wasn't his first stray pass. The midfield was also starting to look a little gassed and we needed some fresh legs to counter the fresh PSG players.

Second Mane and Mo over the last few games are getting a little too greedy. Too many times they are not playing to team mates who are in better goal scoring positions.

As I said both are niggly issues and aren't big issues as long as we are winning.

delaynomo repped this.
  11. OhYouBeauty

OhYouBeauty Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully our away supporters don't throw bottles at players the way PSG's did. That was simply shameful.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  12. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    "interesting" or "interested" ?? :)

13. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Reds are pretty good.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  14. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Brilliant performance and felt more like a quarter or semi final.

Our midfield 3 were outstanding again - proving Klopp knows best!

Very happy for Sturridge.

Salah just needs a goal and he will be fine. In a lot of matches he is gonna find two or three players all over him - which means someone else is open. Klopp will have his arm around him the rest of the week boosting his confidence.

Southampton be warned Mo is coming!

Wingtips1 and Suss repped this.
  15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    hey now - calm down over there, OK?

LiverpoolFanatic and dcc134 repped this.
  16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    when Mo took his shirt off before taking the corner I noticed that his shoulder is still strapped up.

maybe he's not 100% recovered and it's affecting his game??

17. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milner keeps proving me wrong. I keep expecting for him to hit a wall, but he just keeping going. Not many players reach their peak at 32.

Henderson was really good as well. These are the types of games that suit him; fast pace against an opposition that doesn't relish the physical battle.

Really happy for Sturridge. Should have had a hatrick, but I'm glad he's along for the ride this year. Hopefully Klopp has a bit more trust in him now.

I suspect Mo needs a game or 2 off to take the pressure off and let some of the other lads carry us for a bit. Its been a wild ride for him over the last year and I think he just needs to relax back into just being one of our threats, not feeling like he has to be our only threat. It will be good for the him and the team to know we can win without him. No doubt he'll come good, but with Southampton and League Cup coming up, could be a good time to give Shaqiri a start or 2.

18. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    my feelings exactly.

20. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Like the idea of Shaq getting more time, he is one scary little fella - looks like the Hulk Mini-me and full of energy / movement.

SamScouse repped this.
  21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'd rest Mo and Bobby for Saturday and give Studge and Shaq the starts, along with Fab and Keita.

B.A. repped this.
  22. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think this idea that Salah has been “poor” is a bit off base. He’s still relentless and a constant threat. He’s creating more chances than anyone. Gini won the penalty after Mo made a good run and had PSG scrambling. Defenses are still more worried about him than anyone else. He’s just not scoring at the same rate as last season. He’s started six games and we’ve won six games.

I think the last thing he wants is a rest. He’s desperate to be out there scoring goals.

usscouse, Wingtips1 and bayern is god repped this.
  23. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    What. A. Game.

The team is fire right now.

24. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think it’s much more likely they will be rested for the league cup on Wednesday. It’s also very doubtful Sturridge would start 2 games in a few days. He still needs to be treated with care.

It will be interesting to see what midfield he goes with. Gini, Hendo, and Milner put in a huge effort.

The Southampton game is huge. It’s smack in middle of fixtures against Spurs, PSG, Chelsea, Chelsea, Napoli, and City. We have to prove that we can keep the same mentality and intensity against Southampton as we do against the big sides. For this reason I think Klopp picks our strongest team.

delaynomo and EruditeHobo repped this.
  25. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't disagree that he's still being effective, but his desperation to score goals needs to be tempered. He'll get his goals in the flow of the game, so he just needs to relax. He's missing chances he finished with ease last season.

Shaqiri deserves a start. Southampton is the perfect game for that. Salah can get 30 at the end of the game and will probably get his goal regardless.