Liverpool V Chelsea FC - The Super Cup Final

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StamfordBridgeLions, Aug 13, 2019.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea have condemned "abhorrent posts" aimed at Tammy Abraham.

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Because of who it was against as much as anything :)

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    How is this relevant to my post?

4. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Torres isn’t relevant - he was clearly injured, and his knees didn’t let him play well. He was great at Liverpool, we know he could play when able.

I don’t know what the issue with Michy is, but the rumors I’ve heard are related to his knees, not his desire. I think it’s unfair to imply a player isn’t trying hard enough - he certainly played at Dortmund. He also doesn’t look out of shape at all.

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    On Bats: "Frank Lampard had this to say:

“The future is Michy is here as one of our strikers. We know we have three strikers but there will be opportunities for him.

With Michy it’s important he trains at the top, top level every day, gets himself absolutely fit to play the way I want my strikers to play, which is constant movement on and off the ball and to try and score goals.

But he’s very much our player and competing with Tammy and Oli for that space.” As quoted by Chelsea’s official website.

6. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Interpreting this as saying we need 3 strikers for depth, that everyone in the squad has a chance but that he needs to train harder which gives credence to the noise he perhaps isn't where he needs to be on that front.

A lot of new managers from the ex-player pool value training effort relatively highly as it's fresh in their memory and Lampard seems to be no exception.

lobomojo repped this.
  7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, it's relevant to the issue of a player who struggled, (for whatever reason), and then scored a goal in a big game for us... obviously.

That was the only reason I mentioned it.

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It seems an odd to mention if it's NOT an issue, at least from Frank's point of view.

Of course, he was one of those fellas that ALWAYS trained hard. He was well known for it so I cans see how it wouldn't go down well if he thinks the guy's not putting in the effort.

But maybe it's something else? Who Knows :)

9. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have two primary memories of Torres' career here. One was that absolutely glaring open goal miss against united and the other was that barca goal. I'm happy for him that he had that so there was something positive for us to think back on.

10. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    That's possible. He may also simply be saying basic platitudes - "if you keep at it Michy, your chance will come". I've not heard these rumors before.