Liverpool FC vs Wolverhampton - FA Cup 4th Rd - Jan 28 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Wingtips1, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]

Alright boys, I'll take my shot at starting the threads after the others have failed us in January.
    We should see a fair amount of changes for this match, but I still expect us to win. We certainly need it after the January we've had.

newterp repped this.
  2. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -----------------Karius-------------------
    AA--------Matip----Gomez-----Moreno
    Ejaria-------Woodburn------Wij
    Ojo--------Origi------------Coutinho

---Migs, Lovren, Wilson, Lallana, Firmino, Sturridge, Can

Henderson and Clyne need to get fit so I'm keeping them away from the team.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I told myself that I should just start expecting us to lose and to stop giving myself a headache yelling at the TV. Then I see Moreno's name on the team sheet and know a fresh nightmare awaits me on Saturday morning.

4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    have to do it - Milner is looking tired....which makes no sense with no Europe and essentially 1 game a week.

5. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Holy attacking line-ups Batman!

6. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ejaria would be in the middle - but Woodburn has really looked good in the midfield in the second half against Plymouth, and then in U23 game a few days later where he bossed the entire game.

7. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Stewart gets bombed entirely?

I'd play Can in that position and see if he can get back to the form he had last spring.

8. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good shout - forgot about Stewart. He should play in place of Wij.

9. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    There is a risk fielding so many yoots as the game v the argyle has shown....no real cohesion or fluidity in the play....changing a few with the Chelski game in mind will be the way IMO

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Guess it would be really crazy to play all starters with the off chance we run riot over Wolves to get the Mojo back just in time for the plastics to come in town...

11. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Top four is still the target for us this season so I expect many of the regulars will sit to start this game and rest up for Chelski. A number of the kids like Woodburn ,Gomez, Ejaria etc will likely get to play again.

12. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Just highlights how the squad lacks depth in quality and experience....an argument must be heard for arranging loan deals for players, particularly the ones that would not realistically get the valuable first team exposure

Having watched the second string of players and the yoots approaching the first team, there definitely is potential...the question which is answered by Klopp with his selection is, those players are either not quite at the required level or don't quite fit in the system

13. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the terrible results of late, I have zero confidence that this team will advance. Prove me wrong boys.

usscouse repped this.
  14. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could someone just score a goal, and not an own goal. It seems like a long time since I've seen a goal during the run of play

CB-West repped this.
  15. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    We are 2 points of Second place..TWO POINTS!!!!...and the negativity here is warranted yes but it's too damn early to throw in the Towel...Assuming we Beat Chelsea and the Spurs and Arse slip up does it mean we're Back in the title reckoning?!?!?!..I see the race for the title and top 4 going right up to the last Match day so like Klopp says "Let's Just keep collecting points" and see where we wind up...We are Liverpool and this Shall Pass...and Hopefully Mane is back Soon

Suss, Wingtips1, speker and 1 other person repped this.
  16. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Hopefully this is the blip due to the numerous factors going against the team

There are plenty points to play for and I cannot see any team not dropping points from now to end of season

bayern is god repped this.
  17. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As frustrated as we all are, the team and the manager are too. Fortunately for us, they are both pretty level headed and will find a way out of this soon. Hopefully that starts with a strong showing tomorrow.

18. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Got to be underdogs for this one, no?

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool are set to be without Adam Lallana for their FA Cup fourth-round tie with Championship side Wolves.

The forward needed stitches in a cut suffered against Southampton in midweek and is unlikely to be risked but full-back Nathaniel Clyne is fit.

20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Jürgen Klopp makes nine changes for Liverpool's FA Cup fourth-round tie with Wolverhampton Wanderers at Anfield this afternoon.

The likes of Connor Randall, Joe Gomez, Ovie Ejaria and Ben Woodburn are drafted into the starting line-up for the clash with the Championship club.

There are also berths for Alberto Moreno, Lucas Leiva, Gini Wijnaldum and Divock Origi.

Only Loris Karius and Roberto Firmino retain their places from the team deployed against Southampton last time out.

Klopp has named a strong bench that includes James Milner, Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge.

Liverpool: Karius, Randall, Gomez, Klavan, Moreno, Lucas, Ejaria, Wijnaldum, Woodburn, Firmino, Origi. Subs: Mignolet, Milner, Stewart, Can, Wilson, Coutinho, Sturridge.

21. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    #21 Donfather, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    It's still a strong lineup...interesting he selected Origi and Firmino, players that could start in the next game....good to see Woodburn, Ejaria and Randall get a run out

Would like to see more of Ojo? Is he injured as he would've been ideal for this game

22. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmm, Good mix. Put it this was, what's the worst that could happen compared to Swansea and Southampton matches-- a massive loss? We can take that.

It will be interesting to see how Karius deals with crosses and long balls as I think those are his biggest weaknesses. Expect one or both of Coutinho and Sturridge to feature late on to keep them match-sharp.

23. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very surprised by no Matip - who needs match fitness and has played only half our games this year, and no Ojo who looked good against Plymouth.

24. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wolves score.

No really.

25. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+