Liverpool FC vs Napoli - CL - Dec 11 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Dec 9, 2018.

1. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Turned out nice again

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm still catching my breath. Everyone played great but Salah/VvD/Allison were on another level. Mane is going to have nightmares about tonight but it all turned out ok.

On to the scum. Gods I want to beat them...

augie and newterp repped this.
  3. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Simple! :D

4. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Bloody hell...

Becker!!!!! = Dudek mirror

I almost kicked myself a couple of times.... Christ, but that was dramatic....

(Near the end I found myself not caring eithe rof the times thatMane missed those chances or was saved, because I knew it wouldn't matter - at that point there would either be only one more goal or none, most likely...)

5. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And Andy Robertson, I also thought......

6. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If we play with that energy we'll ********ing hammer them....

(Of course we will likely not have that energy!!)

7. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We don't need Trent for the next couple of games. Jmaes Milner should play there against Utd. Fab in his spot in midfield.

8. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Wijnaldum must be the fittest player on the planet!

Wingtips1 repped this.
  9. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Can't fault Salah on anything tonight. He was simply unplayable out there.... Mane was unlucky ( a bit) and when that starts to happen it sometimes compounds itself further. He could have had 4 .... fvck ....

10. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #160 zaqualung, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    most of them were very close to the target. That's the real key to analyze here, Sam.

Playing like that (with Naby in for one of the three) and I reckon we beat most teams.
    (*note) I can see us beating real or Juve with this line-up, but not Barcelona (and prob not PSG)

Bayern, i haven't watched this year, so them I dunno about at all this time.............. as usual I don't want to draw them though....

**edited 20mins later -- In any case we'll draw Dortmund - it is written in the fate of Klopp!!**

11. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Sadio better buy Allison a nice X-mas present......

Wingtips1 repped this.
  12. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Incorrect. Man City will not be hoping that!!! ;) :p

13. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You guys have the best fans in the world!!

Its truly remarkable how every country (or every city) you go to, there's always loyal fans waiting for you.
    I've never seen anything like this quite frankly (at least not to this extent)

asitis, soccershaggy, Wingtips1 and 6 others repped this.
  17. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    #167 bayred, Dec 11, 2018
    Loved the return of last season's total counterpress. Definitely the way to play in Europe. Didn't love this season's shooting - I was sh*tting myself at 1 - 0, thinking we're fooked if they score cause our guys can't hit the side of a barn with a banjo. And if we have anybody but Alisson in front of the net at the end..., well, we're through. Bring on Moaner and the mancs.

18. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Just went and had a look at what the Napolitans thought of the match.

Well, not much but the biggest thing I got out of it is that they all hate each other there. Wild insults abound.

Buffonfan repped this.
  19. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soooo.... playing at Anfield wasn’t such a small deal after all, LOL.

Had a busy day so just got done watching this game on replay. I’m always going to feel good about Liverpool playing a must-win game in front of the Kop. Wish we could have scored a couple more of those goals though... we must have flubbed half a dozen sure chances in the last 30-45 mins of the game once Napoli started searching for their equalizer.

Once we get our strikers online, this team will be a juggernaught... if we do actually get them going.

An amazing thing is the depth we’ve built into this team over the last 2-3 years. Matip is a backup CB, as is Lovren! Milner plays, but just because he’s awesome, and can apparently play anywhere on the field! Fabinho and Keita aren’t starting because Milner and Wynaldum have raised their games enough to keep playing (and if you keep winning it’s hard to dislodge someone). Shaquiri is an awesome supersub, and fits this team like a lock and key... I’m just continuously amazed at how different this team looks from last year, but even more importantly from the team Klopp inherited from Rodgers...

B.A. repped this.
  20. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Likely R16 opponents:

Borussia Dortmund
    Barcelona
    Porto
    Bayern Munich
    Ajax
    Lyon
    Real Madrid

21. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  22. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was happy to see Klopp trust/reward Keita and Fab in the last 15 mins to close out the game.

soccershaggy repped this.
  23. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #173 Buffonfan, Dec 11, 2018
    Yeah, it disappointed me too, greatly, to see Napoli's fans like that. It all just hate and insult in that thread.

I'm an Italy soccer fan, I forever support the Italy national team even if they never qualify for the Worldcup again. I just want to see Italy soccer do well, that including ALL Italy clubs, whether it Juventus or Napoli, or Inter Milan or Roma, because they are all Italy soccer clubs. I want to see them (all Italy clubs in the CL) advance in the Champions League. (But ofcourse we lost 2, as Napoli and Inter Milan are out).

The hate between Juventus and Napoli fans is REAL (which make me very sad, since both are Italy clubs). I got insulted in there just because I said I support BOTH, and I want BOTH to go through. I don't have a favorite Italy club team, I'm more a National team kind of person. I just want to see Italy teams do well, that is all, it very simple. Italy soccer do well is above all to me, regardless of which clubs.

Anyways, I just want to congrads to Liverpool. You guys deserve the win today. Napoli show no urgency, and like have no determination. It like they just don't have it mentally, or care to win. Even after one goal conceded, there was still no urgency show in Napoli. They just not there. (However, Koulibaly did really try though, but he as a defender, so much he alone can do).

On the other hand, Liverpool show they really care. Liverpool deserve to go through tbh. We (Napoli) own our lost. Congrads Liverpool. Good luck to you guys in round 16 coming up.
    oh, and since you guys finish second in the group, you guys probably be pair with a giant club. But keep up the determination, you guys can do it.

24. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So to be fair - Liverpool took Napoli out of their game plan - not that they didn’t show urgency. We were doing all the things that we did well last season when it comes to using the press to win - but we also have a great defense that was there to clean up everything.

Buffonfan repped this.
  25. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

SamScouse, jeffcoop, Fussballer and 2 others repped this.