Liverpool FC vs Arsenal - EPL - Aug 24 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Aug 19, 2019.

1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I like this guy.

71 mins - Liverpool 3 Arsenal 0
    Arsenal's heads have clearly gone and you can't really blame them. The game's gone, the best they can realistically hope for is to not lose 4 or 5-0.

soccershaggy repped this.
  2. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry folks, I had to attend to something. The wife supports the skanks so is not sympathetic.

I could tell by the Neville's morose tones that things have been going rather well for us.
    3-0!

LiverpoolFanatic and usscouse repped this.
  3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Arsenal Fan TV for me tonight....

LiverpoolFanatic and Fussballer repped this.
  4. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Bummer....WTF.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!
    THE COMEBACK IS ON! (It's not)

Liverpool 3 Arsenal 1

Arsenal pull one back as Liverpool switch off for just a second. The ball drops to Xhaka, who finds Aubameyang, who sets up Torreira.

5. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    87 mins - Liverpool 3 Arsenal 1
    Since making that change to a front three Arsenal are doing pretty well. And there's a VAR check for a penalty all of a sudden.

Nothing given.

6. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    90 mins - Liverpool 3 Arsenal 1
    A promising move is ruined as Lacazette is caught just offside, and then another with Mkhitaryan. It seems like Liverpool are safe here. Salah is still looking for his hat-trick.

7. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    FULL TIME
    Brilliant from Liverpool. Relentless, Arsenal just didn't have a chance today. Emery got his gameplan right and it seemed to work but eventually quality showed. Liverpool are scarily good.

7:21pm
    90 mins +4 - Liverpool 3 Arsenal 1
    And it's over the bar. That'll be that!

7:21pm
    90 mins+3 - Liverpool 3 Arsenal 1
    David Luiz is lining up a free-kick from 25 yards. It's about the perfect placement and distance to hit one of his knuckleballs.

8. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Isn’t it nice when you have 2 militant united supporters commentating on a Liverpool game Arsenal score: “That’s a big big goal for Arsenal” It’s 3-1 “Liverpool keep coming at you —like toothache” “The Kop are nervous here” still 3-1 “This Arsenal performance” Losing 3-1

9. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As we celebrate the win today, spare a thought for the Neviller one.He seriously sounds depressed.

usscouse and newterp repped this.
  10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Bloody NBC had not one but TWO ex Arse players doing colour. I don't think they knew we were on the pitch until we went up by 3. Idiots.

Anyhow 3 excellent points. Could have been 6 nil for us.

Otoh it could also have been 3-3.

No complaints though. Shame no clean sheet. 9 points from 9!!!

11. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three wins in three. I'll take it, though I was vociferous in the heat of the moment when Arsenal scored.

usscouse and newterp repped this.
  12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Really took our foot off the gas after the third goal. Hendo unlucky not to get that ball out from under his feet before Arse scored.

Overall a dominating performance with a few errors which could've been disastrous but we avoided. Let's take care of Burnley and have a nice, little, international break.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  13. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I was reserved with my confidence going into to this match, because I figured Arsenal would eventually come up with a better plan at Anfield. They didn't.

Arsenal's diamond midfield left miles of space out wide for Trent and Robertson. It was just so easy for Liverpool to dominate the match. Even though it took us a while to open the scoring, the result was never in doubt.

Salah and Firmino were outstanding.

We are so good now that teams have to completely change what they do in order to have a chance against us. The 3-1 scoreline flatters Arsenal. They were never in the game.

Red Bird and oikos repped this.
  14. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The subs didn't help. I think Klopp just wanted to get more minutes in Ox and Lallana's legs. If he wanted to keep going for goals, I doubt those were the changes he would have made. Neither are suited for the front 3.

delaynomo repped this.
  15. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Must be the reason, otherwise would have seen Origi?

16. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Ox is going to be a big part of our Midfield this year and klopp just wants to give him as many minutes as possible so we can start working in the starting rotation

17. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Agreed, but he replaced Mane on the left side of the front 3. That’s not a good role for him. If Klopp didn’t think the game was over, that surely would have been Origi.

18. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Lallana also, not as much as AOC, but he’s firmly in the equation.

I remember reading that Klopp sees him as deeper lying midfielder.

19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Unai Emery can fukk right off ....

“The penalty was the key to the game but it was very soft,” Emery said. “If that is considered holding then I don’t think it was enough."

what a gobshite.

20. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This was Liverpool at its best again playing the way they did most games last season. We controlled the game at a fast tempo , pressed high and attacked , attacked , attacked .
    The match was built up as a sort of showdown of the two 'perfect record' sides but it was mostly a mismatch as Arsenal are still will back of Lpool's quality .

Burnley up next .

oikos and Suss repped this.
  21. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Very much.

22. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are just so good. Not much else to say really.

5 points clear with City having an early game at Bournemouth in the morning. The devil inside me is trying convince myself that’s a tough game and they could drop more points. He’s making some good points, but he’s probably lying.

23. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was able to watch the game, but then had a butteloade of errands to run before kids' schools start next week...

First half was pretty well dominated by Liverpool, but relatively slow paced and we were having trouble breaking down the deep block. Arsenal was clearly hoping that they could catch us on a counter. While we had a couple of scary moments, it really wasn't coming off for them.

For large sections of the second half we had the Arsenal formation so stretched out of shape, it looked like we were playing against a bunch of those plastic bumpers in a fussball game. Our guys were absolutely slicing through them, and we only didn't score a couple more because we were getting a bit too cute... and Bobby didn't have his shooting boots on today. I know we need Andy and Trent to sometimes put in a shot from the corner of the box to keep defenders honest, but I kind of think they got a bit too shot happy in today's game. Maybe 1-2 shots at most. Trent's problem is that he tries to wind up too long and telegraphs that he's gonna kick... so almost always gets blocked.

But these are minor quibbles, Solid performance by most of the team today. I'd have to go back and see how exactly Arse built their one goal, but while it was a blemish, 'twas but a small chancre on the robust arse of a thorough spanking.

24. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soft

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

25. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    if Virgil had tugged PEA's shirt like that he'd be in jail tonight .....