Live Letter Bombs intended to maim or kill sent to Neil Lennon, Paul McBride and Trish Godman

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by frasermc, Apr 20, 2011.

1. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Is Neil Lennon the only one to have lived his footballing life in your opinion, in that manner? Would say, Roy Keane, fit that description to an extent?

Because, as far as I'm aware, I know of no other footballers in the UK that have had to endure anything near to what he has.

So I'm correct in thinking that you believe that Neil Lennon has brought this upon himself?

2. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    why then in 11 years of football in England no death threats no nail bombs no assaults?

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Roy Keane is universally hated yet even he played for Celtic without much incident. What you Celtic fans continually 'forget' is that the Old Firm is nothing like other, normal, football rivalries because of all of the associated shite involved. You act like a prick elsewhere and you are hated. You do likewise in Glasgow and things inevitably kick off in one way or another.

With regard to your last statement, yes. Neil Lennon has clearly brought this upon himself with his idiotic antics.

You know full well that the Old Firm is a special case and one that requires significantly more tact than Lennon has shown to date. His behaviour, notably in terms of inciting rival fans, has been noticeably worse since he joined Celtic particularly with the added exposure he is given by being manager.